version 1.151

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.151

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.150 is published
heroX

Re: version 1.151

Post by heroX »

Is it a bug or intentional that Celtic chariots and wagons cannot pass through mines?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

heroX wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:42 pm Is it a bug or intentional that Celtic chariots and wagons cannot pass through mines?
But they can pass through tiles with mines, as long, as they would be able to normally (so if mine is built on plains).
Even enemy ones.

Mines can eliminate mountainous terrain limitation, but only for units, that can be carried by it - those, that have [Foot] or [Valuable] category.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new version uos with detzailed debugs for bridging testing.
- shows planned bridges adn their cost in the 1..100 and 1..120 scale.
- shows on worker the 1..30 shrinked costs (in brackets)
- little optimized as with time full-ai-game run got slow as the many debug lines were not disposed properly.
- also changes in priorities by Endru thanks!

uos already
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

recent fixes (uos already)
- "target_area" abilities (that is used instead of environmental) are now handled action_unit_id_for_caster setting properly (so caster can get damaged or anything casting these)
- aura handling fixes: whern there were mega buildings (from, or into) than auras handled properly.
- new property is usable on propery changer effects: remainingMovement (so the current turn movement can be revoked form unit)

Endru: help me if we made any other fixes recently.

thanks!

daniel
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also some changes by Endru thanks!
uos 5

New units:
Barcha Longa - a predecessor of caravel.
Dromon Scout - cheaper than caravel with worse resilence and battle capabilities, but still quite good as a scouting ship.
War Caravel - fast ship capable of exploration, but also with better attack. It's shots decreases boarding effectiveness of target ship.
War Canoe - very simple, cheap ship with anti-ship capabilities.

New upgrades:
Elite Cataplt Ship.
Elite Ballista Ship.
Elite Turtle Ship.
Elite Mend Ship.

New tech:
To Caravel - upgrades Barcha Longa to Caravel.

New Camapign:War of the Darkians
New Camapign:The Story Of Nobunaga
New Random map:Forest 30x30, Forest 2 30x30
New Scenario map:Bitva I and II
New Fan mapsap:Barbarian attack, Attack of the barbarians
New skins:Turtle Ship with visible sails.
Change:Caravel cost 5->4. existing Caravels are changed into new ship - Barcha Longa (slightly lower stats as newly produced), while real Caravel will be an upgrade with better stats (two actions).
Change:Geass: Attack also applies -10 speed up to the end of turn, but only if casted on allied unit.
Change:Condotiero Group Pay now requires sacrificing 2 cost of [Valueable] units, has to be targeting friendly unit and increases 4->3 turns of leaving, but has no cooldown, +1 range and +1 area range.
Change:Bishop Group Heal now has to be targeting friendly unit, but +1 range and +1 area range.
Change:Crusader Leader Hire Crusader cooldown 3->2.
Bugfix:Ninjas were dealt only 1 damage by melee damage units (flying).
Change/Bugfix:Boarding Hooks no longer gives speed debuff to ship using it (temporary solution), thus not leaving it immobile.
Bugfix:Boarding hooks were leaving enemy ships immobile if converted.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Small correction (I didn't change the text after stratego added way to affect remainingMovement):
Change/Bugfix:Boarding Hooks no longer gives speed debuff to ship using it (temporary solution), thus not leaving it immobile. - wrong
Bugfix: Boarding Hooks no longer uses sticking speed debuff to ship using it, thus not leaving it immobile (movement is only removed up to the end of turn). - corrected.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 pm - aura handling fixes: whern there were mega buildings (from, or into) than auras handled properly.
Nice, will test it right away.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:29 pm Change:Condotiero Group Pay now requires sacrificing 2 cost of [Valueable] units, has to be targeting friendly unit and increases 4->3 turns of leaving, but has no cooldown, +1 range and +1 area range.
Will also be testing this, will make condotierro much more balanced in early merc rushes :)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
b2198

Post by b2198 »

As far as my testing went (morale and holy mission auras' interactions with Castle, High Castle, Monastery and Fort) it seems like it's now working 100%. Great fix :D
b2198

Post by b2198 »

(This one took me a while because I had to farm for gems in the singleplayer campaigns on my dev version :sweat_smile:)
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:29 pm Change:Condotiero Group Pay now requires sacrificing 2 cost of [Valueable] units, has to be targeting friendly unit and increases 4->3 turns of leaving
Change:Crusader Leader Hire Crusader cooldown 3->2.
It seems the cost amount bug was fixed (the one that was making sacrifices require less valuables than indicated), so a nerf for both condotiero, pirate ship and for crusade leader imo, despite the cooldown buff on the last one. While I don't think crusade leader needed a nerf, I still find it a great fix for consistency reasons, and for balancing condotiero (and from what I see in the game, pirate ship is rarely used for that, so it doesn't impact it as much).

Edit: typo

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”