version 1.149

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Endru1241

Re: version 1.149

Post by Endru1241 »

heroX wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:16 am Assassins can no longer OHKO a castle? (Only a unit inside will be killed.)
Yup.
But he can kill weak or weakened units without dying now.
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Don't know if these are deliberate or not, but
1 Mine carts can no longer enter a factory or TC (but they can pass through them). So any mine cart more than 3 tiles away from an empty square cannot be moved or used

2 Druid - move and survival Geass no longer effect the mounted units, Celtic Chariot and Chieftain. Please tell me that one isn't deliberate :cry:

Edit - noticed in a MP match, confirmed in Map Editor
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Both bugs.
Some chariot units were missing [Mounted] category.

Carts were missing [Construct] category.

Fixed in the assets.
I'll send the bugfix, when some more goes in.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Following on from 2,
Chariots which had a Geass still maintain the penalties of the geasses even when the geass is gone. Hopefully this can be sorted out when updated with more geasses or the remove Geass effect, or are they now broken? Is this a case of wait and see...?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

If you have unit affected by geass - then it should turn OK after update and any removal of it - either by Mistaken Geass ability or naturally with time.
Unfortunately - if effect is not present any more and penalties were left - it's permanent.
This is because the game doesn't save parameter changes, but current values of parameters.

This is causing many inconveniences with any stat changes (e.g. rebalance) , as well, as makes things, that make permanent stat changes (triggers, upgrade shop spells) not work as desired.
I have added a code request for making parameters dynamic, but it's big change, so I doubt it would happen any time soon.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

With the changes to build cost, row boat, transport and mending ship are all cheaper now than they were before. Galley line is the same as before. I notice in the version log that great transport was deliberately made cheaper, so perhaps these are deliberate too? Just checking
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:00 am With the changes to build cost, row boat, transport and mending ship are all cheaper now than they were before. Galley line is the same as before. I notice in the version log that great transport was deliberately made cheaper, so perhaps these are deliberate too? Just checking
Nope.
Those ships should be following general rule of needing amount of worker actions equal to 2x cost.

So, You actually caught a bug.

I forgot one parameter in spreadsheet, so my calculations were off.
Fixed in the assets.

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”