version 1.140

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version 1.140

Post by Stratego (dev) »

New megapack thanks to Endru!
uos 10

New units:
Guerilla - melee skirmishing unit - scouts and deals with skirmishers, to a lesser extent with other range units, siege machines and weaker buildings, ships.
Celtic Chariot - somewhat more attack oriented chariot unit. Can travel through forests, albeit slowly.
Druid - celtic support unit, that can heal and affect celtic units with geasses - to force them to attack, move or defend themself. Being under effect of geass can bring severe downsides too, but makes unit more resistant to mental influences.
Celtic Chieftain - low ranged unit with quite strong attack and high morale aura.
Celtic Saethwr - archers with anti-heavy bonuses and quite strong attack.
Celtic Woad Spearman - anti-mounted unit.
Celtic Veteran Roundhouse - training building for celts.
Persian War Elephant - elephant unit capable of strong melee attacks and additional ranged attacks.
New upgrades:
Elite Celtic Warrior - exclusivively researched in new celtic building. Infantry killing unit becomes a little more resilent.
Elite Guerilla.
Master Guerilla.
New techs:
Declare Oni Possesed.
New Campaign:Grave Missions
New Random map:Great Greenfields 40x40, Indogletser 28x28
Change:hwacha power 8->7 and bonuses: +50%->+30% vs flying, +40%->+25% vs heavy melee, +30%->+0% vs heavy cavalry and +15% ->+0% vs medium cavalry.
Change:All medium and heavy cavalry with bonuses similar to knight bonus vs Heavy Melee is increased (e.g. 50%->75%).
Change:Shield knight bonuses are unified with it's upgrade and set to +40% vs ranged, siege and non-heavy melee, +60% vs heavy melee, +80% vs armored siege.
Change:Chariot bonuses are unified with it's upgrade and set to +40% vs ranged and non-heavy melee, +60% vs heavy melee, +100% vs buildings, siege and ships, +200% vs fortifications and armored siege, +700% vs mega buildings.
Change:Pikeman (and elite) bonuses slightly changed: +225%->+210% vs mounted, +300%->+280% vs slow heavy melee, +368%->+350% vs medium cavalry and chariots, +450%->+425% vs heavy cavalry, except slow, +750%->+600% vs elephants.
Change:Celtic warrior is now affected by blacksmith research, except sword mastery lv 1.
Graphics:Catapult projectile changed.
Graphics:Catapult projectile changed.
Bugfix:Corsair (foot), Persian immortal (melee), Maori, Mameluk, Dromedarii, Ruined Fortress, Trireme sounds.
Decorative feature:Melee units have little slash or thrust animations on attack, Cannon shots show some smoke, elephants make some dust on moving
Mapeditor:Hills are autotiled again
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

What the.. This is huge. I like it.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Woah, The marauder units got implemented. Thankyou @Endru1241 !
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Druid, Marauder Crossbowmen, Hero archer and Marauder Leader has Missing Images.. Aside from druid, i think it was a problem with my Json.

Heavy War elephants doesn't have the new redesign.
Ekdromoi and Aztec Spearman has not working Team color. My bad.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Badnorth wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm What the.. This is huge. I like it.
Oh yeah! This next update looks exciting :D
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

a little more from Endru uos already

New building:
Celtic Veteran Roundhouse - training building for celts.
New units:
Guerilla - melee skirmishing unit - scouts and deals with skirmishers, to a lesser extent with other range units, siege machines and weaker buildings, ships.
Celtic Chariot - somewhat more attack oriented chariot unit. Can travel through forests, albeit slowly.
Druid - celtic support unit, that can heal and affect celtic units with geasses - to force them to attack, move or defend themself. Being under effect of geass can bring severe downsides too, but makes unit more resistant to mental influences.
Celtic Chieftain - low ranged unit with quite strong attack and high morale aura.
Celtic Saethwr - archers with anti-heavy bonuses and quite strong attack.
Celtic Woad Spearman - anti-mounted unit.
Persian War Elephant - elephant unit capable of strong melee attacks and additional ranged attacks.
Nordic Warlord - Heavy melee leadership unit - has both high morale (on allies) and low morale (on enemies) auras.
Primitive Maceman - low cost anti-heavy infantry primitive unit.
Aztec Slinger - ranged unit with anti-heavy bonuses.
New upgrades:
Elite Celtic Warrior - exclusivively researched in new celtic building. Infantry killing unit becomes a little more resilent.
Elite Guerilla.
Master Guerilla.
New techs:
Declare Oni Possesed - Onmyoji gets access to ability having chance to disallow any action for target enemy. Researchable in Dojo.
Quetzalcoatl Blessing - Aztec Priest gets access to buff, increasing range and power for primitive ranged units. Researchable in Primitive Hut.
New map editor units:
Brigand
Pillager
Marouder
Marouder Leader
Archer Hero
New Campaign:Grave Missions
New Random map:Great Greenfields 40x40, Indogletser 28x28
New Skinpack:Guardsmen
Change:hwacha power 8->7 and bonuses: +50%->+30% vs flying, +40%->+25% vs heavy melee, +30%->+0% vs heavy cavalry and +15% ->+0% vs medium cavalry.
Change:All medium and heavy cavalry with bonuses similar to knight bonus vs Heavy Melee is increased (e.g. 50%->75%).
Change:Shield knight bonuses are unified with it's upgrade and set to +40% vs ranged, siege and non-heavy melee, +60% vs heavy melee, +80% vs armored siege.
Change:Chariot bonuses are unified with it's upgrade and set to +40% vs ranged and non-heavy melee, +60% vs heavy melee, +100% vs buildings, siege and ships, +200% vs fortifications and armored siege, +700% vs mega buildings.
Change:Pikeman (and elite) bonuses slightly changed: +225%->+210% vs mounted, +300%->+280% vs slow heavy melee, +368%->+350% vs medium cavalry and chariots, +450%->+425% vs heavy cavalry, except slow, +750%->+600% vs elephants.
Change:Celtic warrior is now affected by blacksmith research, except sword mastery lv 1.
Change:Aztec Priest got addtional aura - sacrifice altar. It makes all primitive, melee units in range have ability similar to veteraning - giving non-removable +1 attack, +2hp, +5% mental resist on each kill.
Change:Spacious Chariot tech doesn't give any mental resistance anymore. Cost 5->4. It's additionally available in Stables and Celtic Veterans Roundhouse.
Change:Warpaint tech is now only researchable at Celtic Veterans Roundhouse.
Change:Tatoos tech is now only researchable at Primitive Hut.
Graphics:Catapult projectile changed to
Graphics:Promote Loyalty indicator added
Graphics:Lower Resist indicator changed to
Bugfix:Corsair (foot), Persian immortal (melee), Maori, Mameluk, Dromedarii, Ruined Fortress, Trireme sounds.
Decorative feature:Melee units have little slash or thrust animations on attack, Cannon shots show some smoke, elephants make some dust on moving
Mapeditor:Hills are autotiled again
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

This is so nice. Best update so far. :)
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Damn, Fully Upgraded Celtic Warrior in Dev Version one-shots every infantry.

Guy's a monster. My single Celtic Warrior eliminated a swarm of axe throwers.
Geass enchantments are also powerful. Lmao, this update is awesome. But sadly Nordic Warlord is weak for it's cost.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

@Endru1241 Geass Enchants can be casted on enemy Celtic units.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Badnorth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:19 pm Damn, Fully Upgraded Celtic Warrior in Dev Version one-shots every infantry.

Guy's a monster. My single Celtic Warrior eliminated a swarm of axe throwers.
And yet it's only additional +1 attack.
Badnorth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:19 pm sadly Nordic Warlord is weak for it's cost.
It has exactly the same resilience vs ranged attacks as other leader units, while having rarer and less effective counters.
And low morale aura decreasing damage further.
It's fully boosted by blacksmith too.
All for +1 cost and in exchange of lower speed.
Badnorth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:30 pm @Endru1241 Geass Enchants can be casted on enemy Celtic units.
It's intentional.
Thought it would make it more interesting.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Alright then. Btw, thanks for adding the map editor units i requested, i appreciate it. I made 2 more campaign maps of Asgeir Campaign thanks to the new units. Here's A couple of reports -

Nordic Warlord doesn't have any ability range, thus making his abilities - Dismiss propaganda and Promote loyalty unusable.

Archer Hero and Nordic Warlord has some problems. It's hp bar and indicator slot is waaay pass it's canvas. Sorry, perhaps i accidentally changed something at Archer Hero's json before.

Marauder units has some typos - Maruder crossbowman/leader...
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Aztec Priest aura, Sacrifice altar doesn't seem to be functioning? I tested it two times, here's what happened. First attempt my eagle warrior with the aura killed a worker - It didn't work. I thought it was natural since it was a builder unit. Then i tried again with another eagle warrior and an aztec priest nearby, eagle warrior last hitted an enemy Knight. Still no change, it still has the same max hp and power. Does it have a success chance like persuasion? Or it just doesn't work.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Doesn't work.
Trigger is not running effect at all.
I'm still looking for something as replacement, but I don't have any even remotely as good ideas.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

veteran roundhouse of the celts can be affected by warpaint?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

changes by endru:
"Just some fixes (mainly or only graphical ) and changing the rest of buildings images to separate occupied and regular."

please check on all buildings if they appear properly - thanks!

uos already.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Quetzacoatl Blessing doesn't have an image.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

By the way where is the original forest tile (the bushes one) its not in map editor?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is removed and will not appear anymore as stratego says.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Yeah.. Those bushes were a masterpiece in AoS. It's very unfortunate that it was removed. I could've used it in a ton of different stuff.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I have been asking stratego to return it lots of times.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Same. I don't really get the reason for it's removal.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

as those are wrong tiles being not decorations - so you can not chop th trees like all other woods case.
for confusion those must be replaced in all campiagn maps - and replace them to the nice tree based woods.

and persoinally i dont like thos flat bush like treed as they kill the 3Dish feeling of the game as they are not 3Dish as the new woods are.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But what about making them as bush-type tiles or high grass-type?
They will not require clearing since they will be counted as possible for general construction.

Alas unlike normal grass tile they can have some additional terrain bonus to units or instead terrain disadvantage.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, as i said we can make new terrains even bush like ones but i like more 3dish appearance - so this would need some refactoring.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I for example use the bush as literally bush, bordering the edge of the village in the fourth map of rebel king campaign and it served its role as bush well
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

back to topic: please feedback me if u see any problem in this version and tell me if i can publish - thanks!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I heard that aztec priest's sacrificial alter wasnt working as intended, dont know if endru fixed it already

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Archer Hero and Nordic Warlord has their Hp and effect indicators high.
It's like on the tile above them.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

And Quetzacoatl Blessing doesn't have an image.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:54 pm I heard that aztec priest's sacrificial alter wasnt working as intended, dont know if endru fixed it already
Triggered effects doesn't seem to work when casted by other effects. I haven't had idea what to change it into for some time, but now I'm trying something different.
Badnorth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:08 am Archer Hero and Nordic Warlord has their Hp and effect indicators high.
It's like on the tile above them.
There is a setting in visual definition of unit - shiftIndicatorsDown.
For 32x64 units it should be around 30 (33 to have it in the exact same place as for 32x32 unit). It sets number of pixels, that indicators are moved down.
Fixed in the assets.
Badnorth wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:44 pm And Quetzacoatl Blessing doesn't have an image.
I have no idea why. It's seems to be set properly in the assets.

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”