Musketeer name change IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about redesigning unit/building graphics.
L4cus

Musketeer name change IMPLEMENTED

Post by L4cus »

The musket appeared at 16th century. This game time is from 6000 bc to 15 century. Also, jump from gunpowder to musket production sounds ilogicl, no need to change stats, just the name, and maybe the sprite.
Even the arquebus was a 15th century firearm. So there is another idea for it.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Re: Change: handcannoner instead musketeer

Post by SirPat »

As much as I support this Idea
L4cus wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:21 pmThis game time is from 6000 bc to 15 century.
Then we would need to remove Galleon cause it appeared 16th century cause what I know Endru said it was until 17th or 16th century
And we wouldnt have Winged Polish Hussars cause they showed up 16th until 18th century
Also and we wouldnt have Petards floating petards petardiers cause they to were 16th century
So thats enough proof to Support that the game ends at the 16th century. Enough of that now,moving on.

I support this Idea and maybe upgrades so you would have hand cannons maybe a tech for them
But there is already Handgonne tower tech so I guess renaming that to Handgonne to be more universal ones researched you can now train handgonne wielders/ handcannoneers(sounds more natural) which has same stats as handgonne tower(except for hp and armor/p.armor and other)
Handcannoneer would have

2cost
11hp
9power
6range
2-3 speed I think they need to be slow
7sight
0% convert resist
0/0 armor
And Attacks corresponds to normal armor same as other Gunman this makes them better against high p.armor opponents like skirmishers cause they dmg armor not p.armor and makes a way to make skirmishers obselete in late game

Categorized as
Gunman,Foot

And maybe bonus against big shield bearers and shield bearers to about 50% and bonus against cav 25%

I was also thinking of giving them a distinct bonuses to melee foot types that would make them look like they ignore the enemies armor upg
30%
60%
90%
Respectively against light, medium, and heavy inf
And maybe also cav?

And maybe add in upgrades for handcannoneer -> arquebusier -> musketeer -X> no to rifleman cause 17th century

Arquebusier stats
13hp
10power
1/0
Same
Same
Same
Hehe

Musketeer stats

15hp
11power
2/0 armor
Same
Same
Same

And can be upgraded with smith armor techs

And change Tanegashima ashigaru to be trainable after arquebus researched cause tanegashina is a type of arquebus
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

We could add matchlock tech to unlock arquebus instead of make a arquebus tech
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Yeah :D Great Idea and we can have Heavy Arquebus tech for Musket cause thats what they are :)

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

SirPat wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:46 pm Yeah :D Great Idea and we can have Heavy Arquebus tech for Musket cause thats what they are :)
U got it..
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

:D all we need left are Imgs and Endru and Dev Approval

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Heres some imgs of musketeer that ive edited before
unit_musketeer_neww_nostick_SirPat.png
unit_musketeer_neww_nostick_SirPat.png (944 Bytes) Viewed 1123 times
unit_musketeer_neww_SirPat.png
unit_musketeer_neww_SirPat.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
unit_musketeer_Poopeteer_newwer_SirPat.png
unit_musketeer_Poopeteer_newwer_SirPat.png (1.07 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
unit_musketeer_Poopeteer_newwer_nostick_SirPat.png
unit_musketeer_Poopeteer_newwer_nostick_SirPat.png (940 Bytes) Viewed 1123 times
I guess we can work with these :)

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Ive made something kinda wierd :|
HandcannoneerV1_SirPat.png
HandcannoneerV1_SirPat.png (810 Bytes) Viewed 1120 times
HandcannoneerV2_SirPat.png
HandcannoneerV2_SirPat.png (874 Bytes) Viewed 1120 times
Heres some bases
Handgonne_base_sirpat.png
Handgonne_base_sirpat.png (709 Bytes) Viewed 1120 times
Handgonne_armor_base_noSkirtplate_sirpat.png
Handgonne_armor_base_noSkirtplate_sirpat.png (825 Bytes) Viewed 1120 times

Return to “Graphics”