Re design units ANSWERED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about redesigning unit/building graphics.
Morningwarrior

Re design units ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior »

Some units have new design.
Longbow archer
Knights
Archer(none upgrade)
Ranger
Missionary upgrade
Halberdier
Sheld knight
Musketer(and add bullet animation)
Fire archer
Poison archer
Poison horse archer
Etc.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Morningwarrior

Re: Re design units

Post by Morningwarrior »

And just one question, is there a website where we can do pixel art ?, I would like to help and show my units.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

No we just download image modifiers that allow us to change individual pixels of a 32x32 img.
OLÉ
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Well,were i dowload this modifiers???,
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

On pc the best program to modify is gimp 2. It has official page.
On android You can find Pixly on Google Play Store.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Yeah ok thanks endru,but i still learn to work in the pixly,coming soon i design my units.
Morningwarrior

Reskin archer

Post by Morningwarrior »

The archer need a new design,he have two of you upgrades have new designes.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Merged.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

as well?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat about archer looks wrong to u?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

The aparence Compared to the crossbowman and the abalaster is quite different, the two recently redesigned and looked much better, but now seeing both upgrades with the archer kinda pixel art is not good.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Its not that different, crossbowman is wiring a white tunic over the player colour cloth, do u want one with the bow taut and arrow about to shoot?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I talk about the pixel size,is not much compatiple.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

sorry, i dont understand ur complex sentence :)

his pants look same, his face look same, the string on his body represent the belt of quiver behind, its perfect as an archer in any way i can think of

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Crossbowman size is exactly the same, as his image was made using archer as a base. I removed bow and placed crossbow on another layer, then armor on another, lastly shadings, shadow and team colors.
Shadings was remade by patroid, as well as some reshaping, but the size remained the same all along.

All images based on archer, as well as other quite old images would look much better with expert shadings, but they don't need new image. Only a little polishing. And there is a topic for it already.
But more importantly we have not enough graphic artist, and a ton of things to make. There are graphics which needs change with a lot more priority.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

The purpose is that the crossbowman and the abalaster have a lot more details compared to the archer and some people including me may wonder.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I think archers are fine, they don't really need anymore detail.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

and dont forget, the more detail a unit has, the stronger and more expensive it looks, its just a 2 turn archer, being better looking than a scout dog/peasant is enough :lol: (crossbowman is different cuz u need to upgrade with 6 turn tech)

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Yeah,But a new design would not be so bad, the game is growing more and more good and the units look new.

Return to “Graphics”