[Sea] Area Bombing is absolutely broken IMPLEMENTED

Reaper

[Sea] Area Bombing is absolutely broken IMPLEMENTED

Post by Reaper »

These images speak for themselves. I've already lost 3 full hp battleships in a multiplayer match to this bs, please fix.
Last edited by Reaper on Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shark guy 35

Re: Bombing vs ships is absolutely broken

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I noticed this too, however, if it is a Yamato class battleship, it is very durable against bombs, so that could explain it.

Edit: I misunderstood, the seaplane as far as I know shouldn't be able to do that. @Stratego (dev)
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please tell me in text the problem as i dont see clearly
are the bombers too strong against ships? which plane? what value should be changed?
are they use the "bomb" ability?

@Jasondunkel please check this thread.
Reaper

Post by Reaper »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:36 am please tell me in text the problem as i dont see clearly
are the bombers too strong against ships? which plane? what value should be changed?
are they use the "bomb" ability?

@Jasondunkel please check this thread.
They are doing way more damage than they should when there's more than one ship next to each other. Seaplane should be doing 459 damage to Yamato, not 3640. And it's not just Seaplane, it seems to affect every plane with Area Bombing.

And yes, it's the Area Bombing ability, and I think the problem is in the code. Also, the damage from this ability is inconsistent when used against several ships.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

That's awesome!

Anyway, who in their right mind position their ships together? I mean, it's good that it's noticed but why?
Reaper

Post by Reaper »

This affects other units and structures too, not just the battleships. Ratte that was bombed here should have got 108+162-20=250 damage, the ones that were two tiles away should have got 250/16=16 damage, etc.

The following shows the inconsistent damage:
Reaper

Post by Reaper »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:42 am That's awesome!

Anyway, who in their right mind position their ships together? I mean, it's good that it's noticed but why?
I needed to lead them through a 1-tile wide corridor, and due to their low speed and range I couldn't space them out too much.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

No theyre realistic af!

Not gonna lie, I've wished for this.

Though for fighter bomber.

I want them to have higher date against ships since they have a high cost.
Reaper

Post by Reaper »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:54 am No theyre realistic af!

Not gonna lie, I've wished for this.

Though for fighter bomber.

I want them to have higher date against ships since they have a high cost.
I'm not sure whether it's realistic, as I haven't really looked into bombers vs ships stuff, but the ability (2 abilities actually, Area Bombing and Sea Area Bombing) is not working correctly. With regards to cost, it's not the only thing that affects balance. Consider that ships generally move slower, bombing has no cooldown basically, you can't use supply trucks to speed up ship production, bombers have lower cost than BS, you can move bombers with a carrier, etc. And in the match I was playing it took a lot of turns to get the docks set up, to build the ships, to move them, to scout ahead, and having 3 of them (full HP, mind you, while ~3 other ships were heavily damaged, so the 3 ships that were destroyed there were a major loss) destroyed by a single bombing would certainly not be balanced (well, in this case it's just bugged).

Anyway, we're deviating from the point of the discussion which is the bombing ability being bugged.
Reaper

Post by Reaper »

@Stratego (dev) I tested some more, and this bug affects buildings and megabuildings too. Looks like the damage is being calculated incorrectly in these 2 abilities.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Anyway, too summarize.

Bombers's (with area damage) splash damage is being multiplied instead of being reduced.

This needs a fix
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: [Sea] Area Bombing is absolutely broken IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, it was my coding fault in last few days - fix ready uos 10

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”