Restriction Mode

RandomdudeNo123

Restriction Mode

Post by RandomdudeNo123 »

Hello There! Today, I would like to discuss the possibility of getting a sort of "Challenge" mode to the game. As we all know by now, there are only 2 ways to earn Gems in this game. Either donations/promotions, or completing campaign levels in the game. However, the campaign mode is limited, and several campaign maps are especially complex for newcomers (The heavily scripted ones often include several "instant loss" conditions with no warning, which can be frustrating.) A player can find himself softlocked out of more units once he runs out of completable maps. This is why I would suggest a "Restriction" or "Challenge" mode to the game.

Restriction mode is a game mode similar to Random Game, except you are only locked into playing with certain units that fit criteria. For examples, you could be playing a restriction mode game that only allows 2 cost units, or that only allows mounted units. Your opponent will be a single randomized AI, on a randomized map. The restriction itself is player chosen, as the restriction will immediately lock you into a certain faction. (I.E, Playing a certain restriction that only allows Nature units will lock you into elves.) However, all restrictions do not apply to the basic worker units and travel units. All restrictions award you only 1 gem at the end of the game, to encourage players to try the campaign maps anyways.

Short FAQ.

"Isn't this just as hard for beginner players?" Depends on the restriction you pick, as well as enemy faction and map. For example, a "2-cost only" is easy for maps that allow easy rushing.

"This makes the gem grind a bit too easy." You still have to play a full game, and the reward is equivalent to a 1 star rating on a map.

Thank you for reading all this! (If I accidentally violated a rule here, please tell me! It's only my 1st time posting.)
Savra

Re: Restriction Mode

Post by Savra »

Hmm, +1
Aweguy

Post by Aweguy »

I agree too. +1
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

As we all know by now, there are only 2 ways to earn Gems in this game
i have comment here: you have several other options to get gems, friends, video, pollfish, insatalling other variants and so on, check the "how to get gems" section.

Return to “Other asset ideas: terrain, sound, skins”