Sky and sea overview

Elrond

Sky and sea overview

Post by Elrond »

Sky units should be able to stack with land unit in same tile. Please have a sky overview to show the sky units indicated in the map. As for sea units that submerge in sea should able to be same tile with the ship on top. Hence required sea overview to present it. (Eg if a turtleman carry a unit that had no water ability. Turtleman can't submerge or the carry unit is lost).
Best example of such a design. Fantasy general by SSI.https://youtu.be/fzqAsPkKbCs
makazuwr32

Re: Sky and sea overview

Post by makazuwr32 »

Engine limitations. Currently this is not possible.

We would love to do that but it is not possible for engine to stack more than 1 unit/building on 1 tile. At all. Completely. Absolutely.
Maybe when unity version will be released something related to that may be done but not before.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
desatixix

Post by desatixix »

creating Z levels in the game will greatly confuse the players, I'm sure it will not lead to anything good
haha,the orcs do BAM BAM
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually i have in mind 1 idea that may give at least underwater and underground section.

Second map that will be made in a way similar to heroes 3. Ofc it also must be thought carefully and such.

But on current engine it is not possible to make it in the first place still so for now this topic is closed, up until the Unity version will be released and cleared of bugs.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am Engine limitations. Currently this is not possible.

We would love to do that but it is not possible for engine to stack more than 1 unit/building on 1 tile. At all. Completely. Absolutely.
Maybe when unity version will be released something related to that may be done but not before.
Please don't whim on engine limitation if can't do it get it from other source. If need fund, raise it. It help ALOT to improve gaming experience on player side.

Early Romans also copycat Etruscans technology before they are successful. Even until now present car industry also practice this way. Local branded car Japanese or euro engine. Hence there is no shame to use the right engine

IMAO get a licence to use Clausewitz engine from paradox interactive.
https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/c ... e_his_own/
Last edited by Elrond on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Specifically we are working with what do we have. We can't rely onto other engines or onto stratego right now. We can make plans though but here and now we can't rely onto engine changes and such.
Engine related issues and such is up to stratego. We, regular devs, can't change engine that easily.

Also regardless of ANY change of engine will require recoding of all game core for that engine thus increasing work of stratego or reducing time for ourselves to work on actual things needed here.

Also i have not so many money to spend them onto this game as well to buy some licences as well.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:05 pm Specifically we are working with what do we have. We can't rely onto other engines or onto stratego right now. We can make plans though but here and now we can't rely onto engine changes and such.
Engine related issues and such is up to stratego. We, regular devs, can't change engine that easily.

Also regardless of ANY change of engine will require recoding of all game core for that engine thus increasing work of stratego or reducing time for ourselves to work on actual things needed here.
Yeah do it once for all. Keep using an ancient engine to do it limit the development of new game mechanism. It is the worse thing expected for player experience. Since unity is a start for stratego for pc market. Please use one of the best game engine in the market.

As I mentioned before crowd funding is your fund source. You never ask you never know. Give a promise to future gamers your vision of the game. Get fund to have fun.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I do not have time for that, sorry.
Also why would we work on another engine when stratego works on unity?

Just why? To speed up by 1-6 months this specific idea?
To get on my own some ideas we requested from stratego a bit faster?
I do not have experience working on this engine at all. Thus i will need to learn. How many time will it take than? 1 week? 3 weeks? 2 months? 5 years? Who knows?

I am not sure about you but i have very good patience due to real life. And i can wait for few more months or even years.

Working on new engine also might need to rewrite for it all libraries used in current games. Do you know how many time will it take? I know since we worked on stats update and categories update.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
desatixix

Post by desatixix »

Then Elrond is the first in the list of sponsors)
haha,the orcs do BAM BAM

Return to “Other asset ideas: terrain, sound, skins”