Vertical mega building placement

Elrond

Re: Vertical mega building placement

Post by Elrond »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:32 pm dont forget!: i said i am open to the idea to let turn the buildings as soon as we have idea how to show those buildings (how they will look)

also and what to be solved?

please dont say "we will not" change when i answered the opposite... I say we can do it if we have idea visually for all buildings.
if i make it in engine they all will be turnable to vertical - that is all - you dont need (nor savra) to do anything, so no extra time from your side if u mean that.
Btw stratego please do also add to game engine to stack flyer unit and land unit in same tile. Submerge unit and ship unit at same tile. Able to shown by air overview and sea overview.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please always open new topic for new "topics".
but yes, that is a hard limitation i was fool thinking would be good a single layer approach about units, i can not promise soon, but surely only after finishing Unity version of the game.
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:42 pm ok than please discuss that in a new topic about the proposed imbalance issue.
i wrote it only as a remark that (on other variants) we already have DECORATION layer things to be erased like woods, bushes, catuses - anything that is on DECORATION layer (not basic terrain like grass and snow)
Noted thanks for your kind remarks I will write it soon.😁
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:45 pm and i remarked because: maybe your current original request about turning can get not-so-needed for you if in AOF you can also clear these terrain decorations.
Yes I do need the vertical mega building for my Ocean map. If possible to have it in coming soon update. As Scaled race player we don't have the tech to remove those terrain decoration.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

as i said we need idea (maybe with image examples) how to show a building turned vertically.
i have no uidea currently how a vertically turned Volcano should look like for instance.

please post your idea.

also that ocean map might be the old version of the map - so the woods might not even be decorations - if u can post a screenshot i can tell (only the individual trees looking wood is the decortaion one)
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 pm as i said we need idea (maybe with image examples) how to show a building turned vertically.
i have no uidea currently how a vertically turned Volcano should look like for instance.

please post your idea.

also that ocean map might be the old version of the map - so the woods might not even be decorations - if u can post a screenshot i can tell (only the individual trees looking wood is the decortaion one)
Attachments
Vertical building 2
Vertical building 2
Obelisk 1.jpg (21.13 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Vertical building 1
Vertical building 1
IMG_20210630_051923_compress75.jpg (15.15 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Ocean map
Ocean map
Ocean 3.jpg (12.3 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

??
i thought ideas on existing beuildings.like volcano.

also on taht map i see place for a mega for yello
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:08 pm ??
i thought ideas on existing beuildings.like volcano.

also on taht map i see place for a mega for yello
ATM AoF close again. Server is down can't download my old game hence I created a new game to show the ocean map terrain I m playing. There is a need to have vertical building as random placement of the towns.

Please do enlarge this forum attached file limit to 1 mb as now 30kb pictures image are too big to attach
Attachments
Volcano
Volcano
IMG_20210630_064717_1625006987539_compress35.jpg (5.35 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok about vertical buildings i might have misunderstood, now you posting off images imho.
i thought you want to place the existing mega buildings eg. Volvano in not 2x3 but 3x2 ground (by rotating the same volcano to be vertical)

but seems i misunderstood.

server down: please recheck as few hours ago ther was a server save that makes it stop for a few minutes.
also what is your location? (country)

Return to “Other asset ideas: terrain, sound, skins”