Blast Radius nil Blast Damage?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Aral_Yaren

Blast Radius nil Blast Damage?

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Hi forumers,
How we suppose to add blast damage to unit?

I noticed that there is blast radius modifier (eff: area of damage range) but it only increases the range so far, ie giving a minimum of 1 dmg respectively.

Keep... yeah, keep on your goal, vēl!
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Re: Blast Radius nil Blast Damage?

Post by Endru1241 »

It is meant to be used with those two:
powerRangePenaltyPercent = 0; // percentage eg. 80 means 80%: on which % of damage level the decresing of damage starts, decrease with powerRangePowerDrop
powerRangePowerDrop = 0; // float 0.2 means 20%: every step of 1..powerRange the damage will decrease by this percent starting from powerRangePenaltyPercent
Because default powerRangePenaltyPercent is =0 that means power is dropped to 0% from tile 1 and rounded up to 1 as 1 is minimal damage for attack.
So powerRangePenaltyPercent = 70 means, that on 1 tile from target unit (the start of calculation of power drop) the damage would be 70%.
If some hipothetical unit had power range =3, penalty percent =70 and power drop =0.15, that would mean 100% damage on target, 70% 1 tile further, 55% 2 tiles away and 40% 3 tiles far.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I've tested in map editor melee attack vs melee target non bonus non melee armor (1 Cavalier vs 9 Raiders-disabled) giving +4 radius to Cavalier with 14 dmg to Raider. Yet it turned out only 1 dmg inflicted to surrounding 8 Raiders of the main target.

If the 2nd tile dmg should be around 70%, Cavalier still should have dealt around 9 dmg and so on. But with current effect: nil, only one. Do I wrong in triggering or is there not a blast dmg changer yet?
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Cavalier has default powerRangePenaltyPercent=0, so it will always deal only 1 damage, but try it on elephant, that has 50 and it will deal 50% (-armor) on any range.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Does this "elephant-pattern" also include other units that have power range penalty percentage like Gallergleis, Sveihänder, Hwacha etc?

Also is there a list of any other units that have this unique attribute?

Return to “Other discussions about the game”