Battering rams ai fix

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Badnorth

Battering rams ai fix

Post by Badnorth »

Can someone fix the priorities of the battering ram? They seem to target units more than structures. Is it possible?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Battering rams ai fix

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I think rams act similar to other units. It got no priority even if Unit and a structure is close to it . It attack a random troop among them.
Additionally do you think swords man got prior to structures than Knight but that didn't to me. Actually.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I have a map with an allied ai using battering rams. They don't use it properly.
The ai's battering ram is beside an enemy skirmisher and there is an open path to a guard tower, the battering ram attacked the skirmisher before moving to a certain tile. They don't seem to prioritize attacking buildings.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:09 am I have a map with an allied ai using battering rams. They don't use it properly.
The ai's battering ram is beside an enemy skirmisher and there is an open path to a guard tower, the battering ram attacked the skirmisher before moving to a certain tile. They don't seem to prioritize attacking buildings.
I already said it. We know a Knight is anti infantry.so infantry should move away from Knights. But I had a situation in which a swordsman , which is anti building, sitting near a Knight and a guard Tower Just attacked a Knight and got dead. I am saying that Unit dont seem to have priorities and attack a random enemy near them. The AI needs a rework and could be a headache for Daniel
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Actually they do (Not a coder, just a hinch). eg. Raiders prioritized attacking buildings because they are anti-building, Fortresses often attacked burnables more than any infantry, Spearmen attacked mounted units the most than any other.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:56 am
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:09 am I have a map with an allied ai using battering rams. They don't use it properly.
I already said it. We know a Knight is anti infantry.so infantry should move away from Knights. But I had a situation in which a swordsman , which is anti building, sitting near a Knight and a guard Tower Just attacked a Knight and got dead. I am saying that Unit dont seem to have priorities and attack a random enemy near them. The AI needs a rework and could be a headache for Daniel
So what about this. Aren't it applied to all units or is it some coincidence
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Dunno. I hate it when the ai wastes a perfect opportunity to destroy a single wall.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

As far as I observed:
1. AI uses attack if applicable and chooses target, which they have biggest bonus against (let's say weakest target).
2. AI tries to move to weakest target - if no such unit is within 3 turns of movement it probably moves only in general direction of enemy tc.
3. If applicable 1. again, if applicable 2. again.

But it's only apeculation on my part from my experience.
I could also forget about something.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Other discussions about the game”