Can conversion units convert buildings?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
TheSenate-_-

Can conversion units convert buildings?

Post by TheSenate-_- »

Can they? People I've played with have the same question. I currently used over 5 religious units on an enemy castle for 5 turns and the *thumbs down* no longer fit on the unit description sheet (how many times I've tried).

I'm guessing no?? If so why give us the option? Is there an upcoming tech for this? Generally want to know how it works. The devs and mods should run a youtube channel that shows off changes in comparison to previous versions. This way the fprum won't be flooded with questions like mine🙏 thank you all for reading I happily await your responses.
phoenixffyrnig

Re: Can conversion units convert buildings?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

...slightly on topic, are units with 100% conversion resistance now actually convertible? I notice that Inquisitor has a tag "inconvertible" ... is it only tagged "inconvertible" units that are actually convertible?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

All units are convertable except for units with 'inconvertable' discription
And i did a test ones, you would need 7converters to convert a 500%resist building for 5 turns it is possible but too hard
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

how it works (as i remember)

you sum up this to get the final conversion:

sum resistancee: building resistance+internalunits resistances

work with resistance = sum resistance - negativeresistance effects

and chance calculated based on this work with resistance.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Full formula for convertion chance is as follows:
Chance= (Convertion probability * (100% - Sum of target and it's carried units resistance))^(number of units affected)
On each unsuccessful attempt lower resist effect is applied on target, giving -25% resistance for 5 turns.

To have even a tiny chance to convert - resistance has to be under 100%.
So empty castle needs 40 unsuccessful attempts (-1000% resist) - it cannot be converted by 8 priests, but 9 of them should barely manage.
Regular factories (any apart from castle, monastery and church) have 500% resist, so they need 5 converters.
Towers need 2.

Of course - as the resist chance is summed among unit/building and carried units, e.g. additional carried hoplite increases the need for converters by 1 (additional 100% resistance) to even have the chance.

The idea behind that all was not to buff converters in any way, but give them a chance - make it so an army of them still has some meaning and not be useless against even one transport/building.
Age of Strategy design leader
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Was it -25% resist? Was it changed? Cause when I did my testing It took me 7 priests in 5 turns giving -20% resist every time to convert a Cathedral 500%resist
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support

Return to “Other discussions about the game”