Age of Addiction Support Group

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
diesel

Age of Addiction Support Group

Post by diesel »

LONG VERSION:

Perhaps this thread remains silent for eternity, but I feel better knowing that I've created a place for it - a place for seriousness, respect and understanding of any players who need to voice themselves.

For many of us, the "Age of" collection has brought gaming to levels we never could have imagined - whether entering this realm from the online or tabletop universes.

And this can be addictive. So strongly addictive it carries into the real world. I have lost several friends in AoF to frenzied fits of panic, proclaiming both their love of the game and the necessity to delete it before real life crumbles away any further.

From losing precious sleep at night to neglecting the responsibilities of day, all gaming coexists with a degree of addiction - and the ease and convenience of having an entire world of strategy in our pocket makes this addiction all the more powerful.

One ingame friend I lost had started out simply to kill a little time, but as his love for the game grew, so did the hours away from his wife and kids. Another was temporarily unemployed, but by spending more and more time playing, his postponement of finding work and paying bills caused disastrous problems to real life.

We attract a slightly higher level of thinker here, people who can usually recognise their own short-comings and mistakes. And many with lifestyles slightly more solitary than the "norm", meaning slightly smaller support systems to fall back on.

We are all technically anonymous behind screen-names and avatars, so a chance simply to voice the concerns in our own heads can be hugely beneficial to our flesh-and-blood lives. I welcome anyone to simply speak here what they feel. Maybe to ask a question, or seek a kindred spirit, or simply to release some of the pressure.

I wish my friends had done that, they were all unbelievable gamers and enlarged our community. I don't miss simply their skills, but the conversations. And if they had opened up a little earlier, maybe it might even have improved real life a little too.
diesel

Re: Age of Addiction Support Group

Post by diesel »

SHORT VERSION:

Hey, here's a place to bitch, moan and complain if it makes you feel better. From that guy who waits until 1 hour left for every move to the appointment you missed because you lost track of time.

- - -

I'm stressed that i pulled an all-nighter (yet again) resulting in this diarrhea of the mouth, but now I feel better and can move on with my day :)
godOfKings

Re: Age of Addiction Support Group

Post by godOfKings »

Usually i say beforehand but also reduce the number of mp games i play when i know i m about to get busy, and then 6 months later i explode with a lot of mp games during the holidays before dwindling down to a ghosted name again
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Other discussions about the game”