FACTION AND UNIT EDITABLE IN READY MADE SKIRMISH MAP.

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Redanxelar

FACTION AND UNIT EDITABLE IN READY MADE SKIRMISH MAP.

Post by Redanxelar »

I for one love long drawn battles, I mostly play passively waste turn in building unneeded structures and create my Grand army before having a decisive battle with Ai (though Ai isn't any form of pacifist)

But frankly the current game mode isn't exactly friendly for people like me, it's hard to build up structures when AI is bent on eradicating you from existence and then comes the next best thing, create your own map with existing structures.

However another problem is here I have zero artistic cell and creating an acceptable map is extremely hard for me so I'm hoping is there a way for me to transform skirmish map so I can edit it and place "team" units and building and whatnot in it?

The current one we have can only make skirmish into random map draft and place neutral unit and buildings hoping that can change soon
The old signature is damn cringe
Endru1241

Re: FACTION AND UNIT EDITABLE IN READY MADE SKIRMISH MAP.

Post by Endru1241 »

Redanxelar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:58 pm I for one love long drawn battles, I mostly play passively waste turn in building unneeded structures and create my Grand army before having a decisive battle with Ai (though Ai isn't any form of pacifist)

But frankly the current game mode isn't exactly friendly for people like me, it's hard to build up structures when AI is bent on eradicating you from existence and then comes the next best thing, create your own map with existing structures.

However another problem is here I have zero artistic cell and creating an acceptable map is extremely hard for me so I'm hoping is there a way for me to transform skirmish map so I can edit it and place "team" units and building and whatnot in it?

The current one we have can only make skirmish into random map draft and place neutral unit and buildings hoping that can change soon
1. Start map (campaign or skirmish).
2. Exit it.
3. Long tap on started map on the list. There should be option "Make skirmish map Draft".

As for game being hard on the beginning - try to buy upgrades to have possibility to outsmart AI in one (or more) ways:
1. Conversion - proper usage of priests (or Senators) makes almost any overwhelming AI forces not so much.
2. Blacksmith building + techs (those with LV1, LV2, so armor techs, sword mastery, ranged damage/reach) - it can boost most of your units (only apart of those having category "No upgrades", which can boost their capabilities significantly.
Go for armors only if you have some heavy armored units, like cavalry armor for shield knight or infantry armor for foot knights.
Otherwise Ranged Reach and Damage would be your best friend.
3. Unit upgrades. Some units get significant boost after being upgraded, e.g. archers can become crossbowmen having +1damage and +1 range.
Those can further upgrade to Arbalest for +1 damage and some resilence.
4. Siege machines + a lot of workers. I advice Ballista for starters (just below shielder on gem shop).
5. Cultural unit (or more) + cultural buffer. E.g. Druid and Gallowglass.

If you like to have grand army outmatching enemy before going to attack - your best way to accumulate it would be ranged units (easy to hide behind other units or buildings) or armored/resilent units + healers.
Not sure if my list is ordered anywhere close to real most effective tactics, but you should get the general idea.
For accumulating gems for shop - you can play multiplier games with setting "No upgrades" to get daily bonuses, slowly go through campaigns, especially those, that have no buildings - only ready units, so insufficient upgrades wouldn't affect you.
Donation to support this great game is also an option.

I forgot my account login and started over some few years ago, so this is partially from new player perspective.
Age of Strategy design leader
Redanxelar

Post by Redanxelar »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:45 pm
Redanxelar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:58 pm I for one love long drawn battles, I mostly play passively waste turn in building unneeded structures and create my Grand army before having a decisive battle with Ai (though Ai isn't any form of pacifist)

1. Start map (campaign or skirmish).
2. Exit it.
3. Long tap on started map on the list. There should be option "Make skirmish map Draft".

As for game being hard on the beginning - try to buy upgrades to have possibility to outsmart AI in one (or more) ways:
1. Conversion - proper usage of priests (or Senators) makes almost any overwhelming AI forces not so much.
2. Blacksmith building + techs (those with LV1, LV2, so armor techs, sword mastery, ranged damage/reach) - it can boost most of your units (only apart of those having category "No upgrades", which can boost their capabilities significantly.
Go for armors only if you have some heavy armored units, like cavalry armor for shield knight or infantry armor for foot knights.
Otherwise Ranged Reach and Damage would be your best friend.
3. Unit upgrades. Some units get significant boost after being upgraded, e.g. archers can become crossbowmen having +1damage and +1 range.
Those can further upgrade to Arbalest for +1 damage and some resilence.
4. Siege machines + a lot of workers. I advice Ballista for starters (just below shielder on gem shop).
5. Cultural unit (or more) + cultural buffer. E.g. Druid and Gallowglass.

If you like to have grand army outmatching enemy before going to attack - your best way to accumulate it would be ranged units (easy to hide behind other units or buildings) or armored/resilent units + healers.
Not sure if my list is ordered anywhere close to real most effective tactics, but you should get the general idea.
For accumulating gems for shop - you can play multiplier games with setting "No upgrades" to get daily bonuses, slowly go through campaigns, especially those, that have no buildings - only ready units, so insufficient upgrades wouldn't affect you.
Donation to support this great game is also an option.

I forgot my account login and started over some few years ago, so this is partially from new player perspective.
Thanks for the reply but I guess I didn't exactly structure my words correctly.

When you make existing map into skirmish draft, you can only add NEUTRAL units and terrains.

I'm hoping there's a way we can add in team units into Skirmish draft.

Now the start isn't actually difficult it's just more or less annoying since they instantly train unit and throw them in I have unlocked most of AOS and AOF units so I have pretty good repertoire of units, structures and upgrades.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Sorry - I haven't checked and indeed that is the case for random map. It's treated as rabdom map, because that is set in the file.
But when you copy any campaign map in such way - you can add/remove player units.
Age of Strategy design leader
Redanxelar

Post by Redanxelar »

Okay thank you very much I'll try it out

Return to “Other discussions about the game”