"Infinite tall" wall and cave wall

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
diesel

Re: "Infinite tall" wall and cave wall

Post by diesel »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:01 pm lol, how can you remember?
call me the cartographer lol - - 90 levels of ai play means i know almost every tile in the game (i guess thats embarrassing actually)

i know its off topic but im stuck on this instead of drawing the tiles i promised:

only regarding *preset-multiplayer* maps --- some start with the worker in tc, some start empty. thats wierd i dont see differences in map setup

1st upload for Insurrection had workers in tcs. I only changed terrain, but 2nd upload now starts with empty tcs.

Is there a specific rule controlling that?

i playtested Insurrection 3 times with 8 different players on discord... they loved the idea and conclusion of the game, but all said the start was annoyingly slow because no start units and i cant fix it atm :( its in game so i want to address it immediately
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

diesel wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:17 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:01 pm lol, how can you remember?
call me the cartographer lol - - 90 levels of ai play means i know almost every tile in the game (i guess thats embarrassing actually)

i know its off topic but im stuck on this instead of drawing the tiles i promised:

only regarding *preset-multiplayer* maps --- some start with the worker in tc, some start empty. thats wierd i dont see differences in map setup

1st upload for Insurrection had workers in tcs. I only changed terrain, but 2nd upload now starts with empty tcs.

Is there a specific rule controlling that?

i playtested Insurrection 3 times with 8 different players on discord... they loved the idea and conclusion of the game, but all said the start was annoyingly slow because no start units and i cant fix it atm :( its in game so i want to address it immediately
Only if you control exactly 1 empty tc at start — no extra units/buildings — than units are generated.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:48 pm Only if you control exactly 1 empty tc at start — no extra units/buildings — than units are generated.
on sacred forest yes, on path of three no - empty tcs
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

hm?
i think it was fine some time ago.

how did you test that map?
in exactly multiplayer mode with full house of actual players?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

interesting, why is it different? i guess map setups dont work the same in skirmish

we just live tested path of three and mine and units are there, i wasted my time worrying :oops:

ok, just gonna chill now and draw some tiles, thx as always mak!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well in single player such maps unfortunately will not generate units but that is fine.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Other discussions about the game”