How to Set TCs Fairly?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Aral_Yaren

How to Set TCs Fairly?

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Hi forumers,

I'm making a map with 6 islets surrounding a mainland. The main base should be in the respective islets.

Now how I suppose to place TC spawn-point fairly? I want every player starts with at least 2 in their own islet, the rest in the mainlad.

(I've tried 2-4-6-2-4-6 reslectively, but found out the TCs spawn not fair: two players got 4 tcs in starting island, meanwhile two others got only one)

Stay healthy all.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
phoenixffyrnig

Re: How to Set TCs Fairly?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Would you prefer to have randomly spawned TCs instead of pre-placed ones? (I'm still paddling in the shallow end of Map Editor, so please don't have any complicated follow-up questions :) )
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I thought of it, yet in skirmish map all property is neutral. When I set it, some players started in the mainland instead of in the islet.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Have you played around with the player spawn points? I think they're in <units> on ME
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Just like I've said in the first post, my friend.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:32 am Just like I've said in the first post, my friend.
Sorry, I'm drunk...again. I meant, and should have said, have you tried a combination of spawn points with pre-placed TCs? Not that I know what I'm on about, just thinking of variables, because it sounds like you are at a problem I will soon encounter in my cartography.

Return to “Other discussions about the game”