Walls and range of sight - ANSWERED

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Walls and range of sight - ANSWERED

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hey, I have noticed that walls are somewhat underused. I believe a big part of this is

1: They take 3 turns to build. This is ridiculous for a useless fortification that is completely useless without 10 other wall units or so. Thus I think it should be reduced to about 2 turns to build.

2. I think they should block opponents line of sight. In other words, If you surround yourslef with walls, your opponents cannot see what is going on behind them. I think this should also apply to castles and fortresses. But at least just walls and gates. This would add a new mechanic and strategic use for walls.

What does everybody think?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
The Pendulum

Re: Walls and range of sight

Post by The Pendulum »

Seems tricky to implement with slanted angled n such, but fantastic idea!

Perhaps we could even make an upgrade for walls that let the walls have a visibility of their own (like soldiers on ramparts) p
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sight it not clear for me,
but the wall construction once was 2 turns, i dont know when has it changed - however i just modified it back to 2 turns. on next update will be such.
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Absolutely agree with #2 as well ) stealth is part of any war? )
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:sight it not clear for me,
but the wall construction once was 2 turns, i dont know when has it changed - however i just modified it back to 2 turns. on next update will be such.
Basically, the idea is to make it so sight can only go "around" walls.... Let me try to draw this out, don't make fun of me, I'll be back with a picture in a second :D
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, kind of confusing and I know archers have more than 5 sight, but this is a diagram of what a unit with 5 sight could see with some walls (or fortresses) in his way
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

:lol:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hardeep wrote::lol:
Yo don't make fun of my masterpieces. :oops:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That totally looks like one of my kind of diagrams. We must have learned at the same school. :)
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i do not plan such "sight", however it will be weird having a non-line-of-sight sight. (turning at the corner)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:i do not plan such "sight", however it will be weird having a non-line-of-sight sight. (turning at the corner)
Maybe it could be lit up like you can see it, and you can attack targets there, but you cannot see opponents units?

Like it is lit up, but you still cannot see the actual people behind the wall? Idk, just an idea. If you think this is not a good direction to go, I get it, your vision (get it?! I'm sorry :lol: ) for the game has been very good so far :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Yes. I suggest not changing this.

Return to “Implementeds”