Better color mark for units - IMPLEMENTED

holyris

Better color mark for units - IMPLEMENTED

Post by holyris »

Sometimes i can't differentiate the colors between the units, so i propose to add flag or icon color on units.
Sry for english.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Better color mark for units

Post by Stratego (dev) »

which unit u referring to?
holyris

Post by holyris »

All the units, even the castle
Calibear

Maybe not a better color, but better support for special ppl

Post by Calibear »

I see Flags and Unit Icons to be bad, coz they add more images and somehow clutter the entire stategic view. Since there are no Nations/Races in AOS, flags won't do. Unit icons, that would represent thousands or hundreds (1 unit per Icon).

Doc Calibear find your problem, you might be COLORBLIND.
Since we usually used the color "RED" on units, you are hard to distinguish them when they are on GRASSES (GREEN). Most colorblinds are hard to differ RED from GREEN (for them its like Orange vs Yellow or Blue vs Light Blue like simiar colors).

Colorblinds have two color cones in the Eye (So its hard than normal)
Normal ones have three color cones (So they can see rainbows)
If you are a dog, you have one color cone (They live in black and white vision)

We could suppplement that problem by using other colors (GREEN vs VIOLET/PINK will help colorblinds).
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

holyris wrote:All the units, even the castle
i doubt that, a heavy lancer or an elephant or a fortresstower can not be a problem i think.
Calibear

Add support for colorblinds

Post by Calibear »

He just said all units.
Colorblind confirmed, he needs help.
It will be easy but still a lot of work for admin, Replacing the Campaigns and FAN maps which used color red on units is really help holyris to distinguish the color RED vs GREEN.
I suggest the replacement color to be PINK (although sounds funny but this is serious case).
#AOSForColorBlindVersion
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

who confirmed he is colorblind?
holyris

Post by holyris »

No sorry i'm notre colorblind, i've got really good eyes ^^ my screen is just too little
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

It's quite likely that his English is just off. As even someone who is colorblind should still be able to see colors (they would just appear as different colors (ie sometimes pink may becomes blue ect) I know someone who is colorblind.

Ps. dogs do not see in black and white, its a myth :) they can just see less colors than humans can.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Umm, if he says he's not colorblind, he probably isn't. This is getting silly. He said he has very good eyes, it is just that his screen is too small. I know that is sometimes a problem.

I don't think that adding graphics will solve it, but maybe a possible help would be to tell the player owner on the unit's in-game stat sheet.
Thanks!
Josh
Calibear

Not Colorblind, My Bad

Post by Calibear »

My Apologies, I didn't see the cause so I jumped to a conclusion.
BTW I didn't mention colorblinds don't see colors, I have something on parenthesis (Orange vs Yellow or Blue vs light blue)

Maybe we have different way in perspective/reading in this language we use (Not all of us are English/American anyways)

I also knew someone who is colorblind too, he really have problems on red and he accidentally made a presentation of Red Text with Green Background. It is really hurts on the eye (As normal color vision)

P.S. the dog color vision is still in research (There are counter arguements on Research saying dogs dont have monochrome vision). 8-) Peace can still be made right?
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

COOLguy wrote:I don't think that adding graphics will solve it, but maybe a possible help would be to tell the player owner on the unit's in-game stat sheet.
This is a good idea. It will really help people with small screens.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Darkknight wrote:
COOLguy wrote:I don't think that adding graphics will solve it, but maybe a possible help would be to tell the player owner on the unit's in-game stat sheet.
This is a good idea. It will really help people with small screens.
this will be in in the next release.
ollie444

Re: Better color mark for units - IMPLEMENTED

Post by ollie444 »

Calibear does have a point. 4.5 % of people have colour blindness, most commonly red-green, but you can get others. You should think about adding something which allows colour blind people to use distinguishable colors if the game gets more popular...

Return to “Implementeds”