AGE OF STEAMPUNK (Looking for new team to take over)

Shark guy 35

Re: AGE OF STEAMPUNK

Post by Shark guy 35 »

It looks good, but is that the correct angle?
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
GeneralWadaling

Taking a break from this idea posting...

Post by GeneralWadaling »

I am going to take a break from this section. Expect new stuff might come more later.
You can help by expanding it
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Is this a kind of iron harvest game? I like this idea.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

As i know this idea is abandoned 😔
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:13 pm As i know this idea is abandoned 😔
The guy that was in charge of it took a small break, you could continue it if you want.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Woah, this variant is very nice! :o
The war is inevitable! But what if....
GeneralWadaling

RECONTINUATION OF PROJECT

I'm back, DUDES
ARE YA READY FOR ANSCHLUSS?
Kidding.

Anyways, more war machines are commin!
GeneralWadaling

Whoops, instead of war machine, this time it's an infantry...
Imperial Hand Cannon.png
Imperial Hand Cannon.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
Victorian Hand Cannon Infantry which is their early multi-purpose combat infantry. Decently vs both infantries and armored targets.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wow i just see these, images looks promising! grats
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Is your idea isn't abandoned?
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Apparently not hes back!
~Gral.Sturnn
GeneralWadaling

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:50 pm Is your idea isn't abandoned?
Not abandoned, but just had it forgotten for too long.
GeneralWadaling

Thomason MKII light tank
Thomason MKII.png
Thomason MKII.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 5552 times
Basically, just a simply designed tank based on a train steam locomotive.
The exhaust pipe is bent and positioned at side.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

GeneralWadaling wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 am Thomason MKII light tank
Thomason MKII.png
Did you need discord server?
GeneralWadaling

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm
GeneralWadaling wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:33 am Thomason MKII light tank
Thomason MKII.png
Did you need discord server?
Thanks, but I'm not yet needing it right now.
:)
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Hmm ... I revived the theme. I like the idea of an analogue of the Iron Harvest game with combat mechs and steinpunk, I hope that someday (in 20 years) it will be a game of the Age.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I am wondering which 2 factions will you draw first?
I think you are going to draw the Victorian Empire (which looks like a sort of Colombia from the game Bioshock Infinite?), As well as the Gemanic Kaiserd (embodying Germany and Austria-Hungary in World War 1?)
GeneralWadaling

Anchar wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:45 am I am wondering which 2 factions will you draw first?
I think you are going to draw the Victorian Empire (which looks like a sort of Colombia from the game Bioshock Infinite?), As well as the Gemanic Kaiserd (embodying Germany and Austria-Hungary in World War 1?)
Yes. Victorian Empire and Germanic Kaiserdom.
GeneralWadaling

Anchar wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:26 am Hmm ... I revived the theme. I like the idea of an analogue of the Iron Harvest game with combat mechs and steinpunk, I hope that someday (in 20 years) it will be a game of the Age.
Lol, Iron Harvest is exactly one of the places where I get major inspiration from.
BUT this is not a sequal to World of 1920+ (the genre of and world in Iron Harvest). It's another imaginary world where steampunk technologies thrives instead of diesel engines, the world is ‘modernized’ in another way.
As well, Steampunk genre has been old, and not attractive anymore nowadays, but it is one of the earliest sci-fi genre in the world. Pioneers, as I can say.

Anyways, if you have any good ideas to have, please tell me. I'd love to see something better.

Last but not least, may this idea thrives to become another good game!
GeneralWadaling

Future plans for this idea? [First Roadmap]

It's better to have a roadmap here... Though, this thing is still primitive as conceptual stage!

Milestone 1 - Basic Units Classification, Victorian Empire and Germanic Kaiserdom
The very first step if I wanna make it at least an experimental game with contents.
The first thing to do is units classification. That's one of the most important elements, I'll make the first list of drafted unit types (not in-game properties).
As well, the first two factions, as I mentioned, Victorian Empire and Germanic Kaiserdom. First their battle styles has to be defined, and then their styles for infantries and war machines, or even detailed down to weapon designs. Probably will involve some game lore defining process.

Milestone 2 - Unit Stats, Technologies, first experimental version
The tricky part for me, I'm not a pro game balancer. For this part, I guess I would like some helpers... Maybe not now.
Once the unit states are done, the first experimental version of the game could be possible...?
As well, something about technologies.
Would begin with Tier 1 stuff only.

Milestone 3 - Constructing Tier 2 contents
For making war like a war as it should be - here comes the main battle elements!

The first Roadmap may not be well-planned, but at least will give myself and everybody else a concept on how the project can go on like.

I can't come back regularly to work on this project. In this year, I have some BIG STUFF to prepare for. I'm not abandoning the project, but just I have something more important to do and it is urgent.

Ideas and offering help is always welcomed - Welcome if you want to join the project. Maybe I should consider creating a Discord server if we have a basic team? Lol.
GeneralWadaling

Not the official list, just brainstorming about units.

Mechs, armored vehicles (track, wheels, maybe half-tack too?), Rifleman, Hand Cannon, Gatling Gun, Land Ironclads, Airships, Triplanes, Exosuit Armor, Landships, Walking Fortress, Zeppelins, Mortar, Trench Raiders, Grenadiers...
GeneralWadaling

AGE OF STEAMPUNK.png
AGE OF STEAMPUNK.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
First icon for the game?
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Looks cool
~Gral.Sturnn
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I would like to help, but I can say that my Efficiency is quite low: I do not know English and I write through google translator (you may see this), and also in terms of help I do not know how (at all) to code, the only thing with which I could I help you this try to draw images (pretty average) and give ideas like everyone else (my ideas are rarely liked by anyone), but if you want, I can help you as much as possible.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I think that based on other games of the strategy era where there are fighters and their "kryptonite" as a spearman for a horseman, I would like the types of troops to be divided into:

Infantry: Infantry will be fast and cheap, they will do little damage to mechanical equipment and will be more saboteurs on a suitable occasion, I think most of them will be copied from the era of World War II.

Light vehicles: these are all kinds of armored vehicles on 4 or 3 wheels will serve as scouts and destroy infantrymen well and have a high speed but will be easily destroyed by tanks, will also be quick in production.

Tanks: Tanks will have an average production speed and are good at destroying infantry, vehicles and artillery, but they will not be fast in speed and very dependent on the landscape.

Mechanoids: They will be either average or expensive, they will destroy everything well, in opposition to them only special units of infantry and armored vehicles, tanks (with losses), and their own mechanoids, as well as aviation. In terms of speed, they will be either slow or have an average speed but will not depend on the terrain, perhaps some will walk through the mountains and even pass through enemy walls and other obstacles.

Artillery: I haven't played in the era of strategies for a long time and I don't know what happened to the catapult, but I would like the artillery to be very powerful and expensive and determine the outcome of the war (a lot of area damage and maximum range), but its disadvantage would be its low speed.

Aviation: I would like it to be medium or long in terms of production and not have such a high speed as in the fantasy era and in WW2 (maximum 4 speeds), but in return it would die very slowly and be air tanks. The main composition is airships and zeppelins, especially powerful units should have a speed of 2 but be very tenacious and be able to destroy the defense lines.

Machine Guns: Stationary machine guns should be cheap and effective against infantry, aircraft and armored vehicles, mainly used as defense.

Also, I would like the defense and defensive fortifications to be different from other games. I would like there to be no shooting towers of towers, but instead of them there were only walls, trenches, bunkers, combat positions, and banners with auras, and no towers that shoot by themselves (only burn through special technologies) I would like the players to plan their defense and its incorrect construction would be a minus to them, however, in most games of the strategy era, people (including myself) simply build heaps of towers one after another without using walls, gates, and so on, since this is not makes sense. At the same time, I would like different types of defense to be differently effective against different opponents, for example, the infantry could climb over the walls and against them it would be necessary to build walls of barbed wire, the walls would impede vehicles and tanks, and anti-tank hedgehogs would be very good against tanks, trenches would strengthen the attacks of those in them.

That's actually what I think.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

BREATHE!!!

I <3 this topic so much! It's as if AoG and AoD had a baby but is set years before AoWw.
OLÉ
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

dont worry aod is still on the works but on discord we have found it to be more agile
~Gral.Sturnn
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Yes, Dont worry
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually i have not received pack since idk... a month?
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:05 pm actually i have not received pack since idk... a month?
We were testing packs on our own. I think l4cus put them together.
AOD Team - Join Us!

Return to “New variant ideas”