Civilization Age

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Civilization Age

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think i have collected all we know for now
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

After 2 days of work, i got the zoo open for all stone age neutral animals.
Alaunt Shear dogs, Lynxes, hedge hogs, mesotheles spiders, termite mounts, mammoths, mastodons, giant aries sheeps, Panthers, St' Bernard, cockatoos...
Ticket fee 1πŸ‘πŸ»/individual.
Welcome to all !!!!!

More coming soon.

I know the black panther looks weird. Can anyone please help?
Attachments
Stone Age Animals By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Stone Age Animals By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (27.4 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Ok. Stratego . Its almost fine. Thanks.

I agree with alternative 2.

Plus, is there any option, to set the required techs in an option, like either one from (tech1/ tech 2) is completed, requirement in met to research the next tech.
Eg. To advance to Lavolossians, along with other techs, either one from (To Lav.Chief/ To Lav.Shaman) is required, so player will be able to produce the Lav.Chief (if he chose it) and totally ignore Lav.Shaman in the new build list once the tier Changes to Lavolossians with all other techs met ?
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here
Stone age
To sangoan infantry, Animal Husbandry, Petroglyphs...
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here
Metal age
Copper Refining, Tin Extracting, Bronze smelting, Iron Armour Wielding....
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm bot level up/tiering techs and others)
I didn't get this. Is it AI priorities?
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm and so on for all ERA-s ....
I am still working on the civs ordering in all other mentioned eras. Will complete middle age soon.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Sangoan bone thrower
Hope it looks fine😁
Attachments
Sangoan Bone Thrower By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Sangoan Bone Thrower By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (2.19 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Maybe add a sash that is filled with bones. I also think that the clothing they wear (The spotted yellow leather or something) can be team color.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

Can i join this game's discussion? Where can i find this game's variant . Is it beta? This looks interesting.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:38 am Plus, is there any option, to set the required techs in an option, like either one from (tech1/ tech 2) is completed, requirement in met to research the next tech.
Eg. To advance to Lavolossians, along with other techs, either one from (To Lav.Chief/ To Lav.Shaman) is required, so player will be able to produce the Lav.Chief (if he chose it) and totally ignore Lav.Shaman in the new build list once the tier Changes to Lavolossians with all other techs met ?
i think you can not do that currently (making an OR in requirement)
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Cosmos, its not even started developing. (Actually, it is still not approved). I will surely notify you once it get started. However, if you are interested, you can help us with various ideas, references and images and later units balancing ofc.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:38 pm
Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:38 am Plus, is there any option, to set the required techs in an option, like either one from (tech1/ tech 2) is completed, requirement in met to research the next tech.
i think you can not do that currently (making an OR in requirement)
Oh, ok. Its fine. I will arrange it charted evenly.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

current description:

The definitions of the idea:
- there are ERA-s (timeframes within a launched game by game creator and by this defines the usable units)
- there are NOT NAtions/races (like in AOW/AOF) this game has on ly one nation/race like in AOS.
- units/buildings can be upgraded within the given ERA, by a few Civilisation Techs (like Industry levels in AOW but multiple techs will do one advancement)
- on game launch the ERA is selected and in that created game only that ERA is playable, can not "advance" to a new era.

The buildup of eras and units and techs:

Stone ERA
- civilisation tech groups can be invented:
Nomadic(default) Melee units -> Sangoans Melee units -> Oldowans Melee units -> Lavoloissians Melee units
Nomadic(default) Ranged units -> Sangoans Ranged units -> Oldowans Ranged units -> Lavoloissians Ranged units
Nomadic(default) Siege units -> Sangoans Siege units -> Oldowans Siege units -> Lavoloissians Siege units
you can start a Oldovan tech only if you invented ALL Sangoan techs from above,
also you can only invent any of the Lavoloissians techs is ALL Oldovan techs are invented from above.
Inventing a tech will immediately upgrade all corresponding units to the new civilisation level (eg. inventing Oldowans Melee units will immediately upgrade all melee units to this new Civilisation level)

- units types:
------> Nomadic fighter -> sangoan fighter -> Oldawan fighter -> Lavoloissians fighter (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
------> Nomadic elder -> Sangoan elder -> oldowan elder -> lavoloissian shaman (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
- techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - bot level up/tiering techs and others)

METAL ERA
- civilisation techs can be invented:
Chalcolithic (copper) Melee units -> Tin Melee units-> Bronze & Iron Melee units
Chalcolithic (copper) Ranged units -> Tin Ranged units-> Bronze & Iron Ranged units
Chalcolithic (copper) Siege units -> Tin Siege units-> Bronze & Iron Siege units
you can start a Bronze tech only if you invented ALL Tin techs from above,
Inventing a tech will immediately upgrade all corresponding units to the new civilisation level (eg. inventing Tin Melee units will immediately upgrade all melee units to this new Civilisation level)

- units types:
------> Copper sword warrior-> Tin sword warrior-> Bronze sword warrior (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
------> Copper hammer wielder -> Tin hammer wielder-> Bronze hammer wielder (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
- techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - bot level up/tiering techs and others)

and so on for all ERA-s ....
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm bot level up/tiering techs and others)
Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:38 am I didn't get this. Is it AI priorities?
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:45 pm Chalcolithic (copper) Melee units -> Tin Melee units-> Bronze & Iron Melee units

Chalcolithic (copper) Ranged units -> Tin Ranged units-> Bronze & Iron Ranged units

Chalcolithic (copper) Siege units -> Tin Siege units-> Bronze & Iron Siege units
Chalcolithic (copper) weapons -> Tin weapons> Bronze weapons -> Iron weapons
Chalcolithic (copper) armour -> Tin armour-> Bronze armour -> Iron armour
Chalcolithic (copper) refining -> Tin refining-> Bronze refining -> Iron refining
*//allows building of metal based fortifications. Is required for researching all metal researches above//*

So, can i start the project? Can i email you now for assets?
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

The definitions of the idea:
- there are ERA-s (timeframes within a launched game by game creator and by this defines the usable units)
- there are NOT NAtions/races (like in AOW/AOF) this game has on ly one nation/race like in AOS.
- units/buildings can be upgraded within the given ERA, by a few Civilisation Techs (like Industry levels in AOW but multiple techs will do one advancement)
- on game launch the ERA is selected and in that created game only that ERA is playable, can not "advance" to a new era.

The buildup of eras and units and techs:

Stone ERA
Nomadic(default) weapons -> Sangoans weapons -> Oldowans weapons -> Lavoloissians weapons
Nomadic(default) armour -> Sangoans armour -> Oldowans armour -> Lavoloissians armour
Nomadic(default) refining-> Sangoans refining -> Oldowans refining-> Lavoloissians refining
you can start a Oldovan tech only if you invented ALL Sangoan techs from above,
also you can only invent any of the Lavoloissians techs is ALL Oldovan techs are invented from above.
Inventing a tech will immediately upgrade all corresponding units to the new civilisation level (eg. inventing Oldowans Melee units ?????? will immediately upgrade all melee units to this new Civilisation level)

- units types:
------> Nomadic fighter -> sangoan fighter -> Oldawan fighter -> Lavoloissians fighter (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
------> Nomadic elder -> Sangoan elder -> oldowan elder -> lavoloissian shaman (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
- techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - both level up/tiering techs and others)

METAL ERA
- civilisation techs can be invented:
Chalcolithic (copper) weapons -> Tin weapons-> Bronze -> Iron weapons
Chalcolithic (copper) armour -> Tin armour -> Bronze -> Iron armour
Chalcolithic (copper) refining -> Tin refining-> Bronze -> Iron refining
you can start a Bronze tech only if you invented ALL Tin techs from above,
Inventing a tech will immediately upgrade all corresponding units to the new civilisation level (eg. inventing Tin Melee units ?????? will immediately upgrade all melee units to this new Civilisation level)

- units types:
------> Copper sword warrior-> Tin sword warrior-> Bronze sword warrior (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
------> Copper hammer wielder -> Tin hammer wielder-> Bronze hammer wielder (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
- techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - both level up/tiering techs and others)

and so on for all ERA-s ....
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

allows building of metal based fortifications. Is required for researching all metal researches above
this i dont understand.
weapons - armor - refining
this way i dontunderstand how units can get upgraded - what do u get as a player on inventing eg. "weapons" tech? all of his units gets extra attack?
I didn't get this. Is it AI priorities?
that ment to be "both" not "bot"
ERA-s
i dont really see the point on ERA-s this way. Why arent they are the "industry levels" than? why to restrict in one game to be in only one era? we could set that ERA advanceing requires all Civ techs of current era, and than it can advance an era. - naturally units should be either upgraded to new era (eg. first era worker will be nex era worker type)
And the code modification would only be (that other alternatives also would welcome) so you can set which ERA to START from (if you want a game not to start from the earliest era - so the game will be faster) - in extreme case you can select the last era so in that game you own every earlier techs and you will not need to advance an era as you are already in the latest.

So, can i start the project? Can i email you now for assets?
yes and no,
- i will not make any new alterantive until it is almost ready in modded mode - as i spent too much time on laater abandoned alternatives (many days i spent on these),
- so i can only offer that you get eg. AOD assets and AOD modding and you can play with the assets making this version
- and i can also compile a build from it (rarely eg. one per week) but will run on same package name as AOD (the one we started from). This will be until it is ready.
- the only drawback of this that
a) you can not have installed AOD and AOC (age of civilisation) at the same time (as having same package name)
b) the multiplayer games wil lbe mixed so an AOD app owener should not join a game started with AOC.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm Stone ERA
Nomadic(default) weapons -> Sangoans weapons -> Oldowans weapons -> Lavoloissians weapons
Nomadic(default) armour -> Sangoans armour -> Oldowans armour -> Lavoloissians armour
Nomadic(default) refining-> Sangoans refining -> Oldowans refining-> Lavoloissians refining
Actually, weapons, armour and refining is not planned techs for nomadics, neither the whole stone age.

Tier upgrade for stone age civs are rather simpler.
Fighter tiers + elder tiers + hunter tiers = next civ. And repeat on to other civs.
The mentioned ones are only applied to metal age.
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - both level up/tiering techs and others)
Stone age
Tier upgrades : Generally, To {civ} "fighter/elder/hunter" , this 3 techs met for To {next civ} tech And this further upgrades all other units to the {next civ}
Eg: To sangoan fighter(melee class) + To sangoan elder(utility class)+ To sangoan hunter(worker class) = To Sangoans(this upgrades all pending units excluded from these classes to sangoan units)
Other upgrades : Bone snapping(sangoan), fire(sangoan), cobble snapping (oldowa), camping (oldow), petroglyphs (oldowan), archery (lav), shamanism (lav), cultivation (lav).

Metal age
*// most of the units are mainly based on these 3 categories.
Tier upgrades : Generally, To {civ} "weapons/armour/fortifications" this three techs met for To {next civ}
Eg: Tin refining => To tin weapons + To tin armour + To tin fortifications => Bronze smelting
Other upgrades: Scripts, Trading, Coinage, artifacts, idols(tin), mining(bronze), masks(bronze), chains(iron),sandstone(iron),cavalry(iron).
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm
allows building of metal based fortifications. Is required for researching all metal researches above
this i dont understand.
Fences, rams, metal gates, metal reinforcements in each tiers.
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:44 pm Generally, To {civ} "weapons/armour/fortifications" this three techs met for To {next civ}
weapons - armor - refining
this way i dontunderstand how units can get upgraded - what do u get as a player on inventing eg. "weapons" tech? all of his units gets extra attack?
Researching "To {civ} weapons" increase stats, and along with other two({civ} armour and {civ} fortifications ) allows advancing to further civ.
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm i dont really see the point on ERA-s this way. Why arent they are the "industry levels" than? why to restrict in one game to be in only one era? we could set that ERA advanceing requires all Civ techs of current era, and than it can advance an era. - naturally units should be either upgraded to new era (eg. first era worker will be nex era worker type)
For structural and functional integrity and simplicity.
  • So, if we incorporate all 10 eras, along with the civ techs, it will be a huge chart
  • Constraining era into preset factions will help balance the units stats to nearly logical numbers + it will not, if however, get 2 units from different era in one place.
    Eg: i can set the health and att of the nomadic fighter to,
    say, 20 and 7. So, i dont have to keep a panzer health and att to 2000 and 700 if the era is defined by default as stone age and a player tend to stay alive while opponent level up eras( so i can make the panzer at 70hp, 15 att in corresponding era).
  • A defined era in map setup can restrict unusual map editor logic as a spaceship frying out a stone age.
  • Even though it is made to be advancing era, no one will reach the furthest ones as it will take extremely long and boring.
    Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm And the code modification would only be (that other alternatives also would welcome) so you can set which ERA to START from (if you want a game not to start from the earliest era - so the game will be faster) - in extreme case you can select the last era so in that game you own every earlier techs and you will not need to advance an era as you are already in the latest.
It can still be used on other variants that uses factions like a shortcut to keep all players in the same faction, ie, orc vs orc and elves vs elves matches.
Selecting the last era is same as setting the last era, but not to advancing to it. Cause, the last era is already advanced, but, its quite balanced to the opponent also. And btw, I think its not worth the faster advancing, its all about winning over the other player. So, why should we rush from stone age to extraterrestrial era in a more than 500 turn in total.
Plus, i think, the unavailable units are still visible(and is crucial) in the buildables as locked ones, so, a hundreds of them in order just to keep it "req techX" till we reach the high era iwill be so annoying imo.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm Cosmos, its not even started developing. (Actually, it is still not approved). I will surely notify you once it get started. However, if you are interested, you can help us with various ideas, references and images and later units balancing ofc.
Thanks , i am waiting. And i will try to help as well as I can.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:10 pm
I think i see your points. and i think they are ok.
When you are completely ready with the first era (all units, all stats, all graphics, all sounds, all balancing all everything) you can ask me to make the code modification about eras - i will not promise very fast as seems complicated one - also in parallel with the unity version i make means double work.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Thanks. @Stratego (dev) . Not at all a hurry.

Request: Can i get Civilization Age main forum and corresponding moderator rights?

Since, the units for first civ is ready(i am still figuring out other identifiers like effects and transformations) so, i think a main forum would be helpful to start discussions and balancing of units along with the forumers, also to keep the unit ideas distinct.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Cave/Den . Looks good?
Attachments
Stone Age Cave By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Stone Age Cave By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (8.07 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:07 pm Thanks. Stratego (dev) . Not at all a hurry.

Request: Can i get Civilization Age main forum and corresponding moderator rights?

Since, the units for first civ is ready(i am still figuring out other identifiers like effects and transformations) so, i think a main forum would be helpful to start discussions and balancing of units along with the forumers, also to keep the unit ideas distinct.
a basic forum is ready, permissions i can not give as i again have no idea how to lol.
i will polish the forum and find out how to give the permissions if the first complete era is ready.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Discord server is up AoC
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

AoC Logo
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Great
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

little too shiny imho - a simpler one would look better imho
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

But i thought it would be of great constrast with a comparatively darker bg.
Ok i will try to make another one then.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Something like this
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think too much flames and shine
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Reduced flame and saturation Image
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

A much simpler attempt
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this looks awesome! it is cartoonish style but looks very good!

Return to β€œGeneral discussions”