Age of commerce

APOKALIPTRIX

Age of commerce

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

What about this:
Make factories, transform Raw resources into complex stuff, stablish production lines, upgrades your factories, destroy your rivals
Destroy their buildings and mines, sabotage their ops, find oil and gold, make subliminal propaganda, etc...
Just a small idea
What do ya think
Life is easier when dead is harder...
Midonik

Re: Age of commerce

Post by Midonik »

I remember disscusing a similar idea a long time ago. I suppose the problem is that the format would be much different and so hard to make work well with what we got. For example, to win in a Ao game, you usually need to destroy all enemy units and capture enemy tcs, how would that work in a economy game?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

100% economic control
100% demand
All mines in control
Kinda like that?
IDK it's just a little a idea but I think it has potential
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Destroy all enemy units and buildings?
Capture all mines and oilfields?

I remember wen i was talking about making age of dune i was discussing a similar idea of spice fields, u capture them with harvesters, only harvesters can enter, they produce spice which can b taken by harvesters to refineries which sacrifices them to produce credits that can speed up factory production, the logic for that game is production cost of everything will b very high so just ending turn will take a long time to make a new unit, and sacrificing credit (which could b represented as supply carrying trucks) will speed up factory production greatly, anyways the idea was to make the game follow the Dune series as closely as possible

Since this game will b resource based u can use some of these above ideas
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Seems like it would need developers coding. Hes the only person who could implement a change that big I think, and hes mainly busy improving the code for other games, so this is a big cons of this idea, unfortunetely.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

You are right
Maybe someday...
God we really need more coders...
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

Thanks for the suggestions godofkings
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well it could b like this, the mines will b tcs spawned on ground and oil fields will b tcs spawned in water, u start with 1 mine, may b a worker unit, build a refinery that makes excavator/ oil tanker that collects the resources from the tcs, may b the more mines/ oil fields u own, the higher factory limit since u can support a bigger economy.... In the end the more in depth u think the more it might b possible to utilize current game engine to make a resource based tds age of game
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

thats exactly what i had in mind!
the mines are capturable buildings and the factories can transform raw resources (units spawned in the mines) into complex resources (building spawned) this units are like wagons or minerals in aos they can only be sold in a neutral city in wich the player can also buy or even trade with the other players. the more you sell to the city/es more economically dependant they become and techs like propaganda and subliminal propaganda can help this too.
resuming: this idea requieres litle changes in AOS
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So it could b like the city states in civilisation? Well that might indeed require coding to decide how the city state would behave, but it still seems a fun new approach

APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

i think this game's beta can be done in three or four month if we convince the devs to work on the coding and the assets but since they're bussy let's file this idea in the maybe someday file
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Age of Capitalism?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

that sounds like a good name yeah

Return to “New variant ideas”