Age Of Gods- Temporarily Suspended

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Age Of Gods- Temporarily Suspended

Post by Hyuhjhih »

This variant of Ao series focuses on the trials and triumphs between the historical myths contexting Gods in different cultures , their combat, abilities and mythical beliefs as well as scenarios.

This is AGE OF GODS

Feel free to express ideas, donate historical myths, references or mythological book content and strategies,links from wikipedia's website or other classified data, images for reference, artistic skills, sound files(.wav) etc that would be relevant for this game.
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Badnorth

Re: Age Of Gods

Post by Badnorth »

For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

For the basic purpose, i will explain some general aspects below.

Gods Symbol Mythological Faction Abilities
Zeus Lightning Bolt Greek control over sky, storm
Atlas Earth Greek Titan Celestial Spheres
ThorLightning HammerNorseLightning, Storm
Hel(Hela)PoisonNorseDeath,Plague, Fear
MinervaLove HeartRomanWisdom,Medicine,War
Each gods can have their own decent , average length description, and a wiki link
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

From the usual stats of Ao series, some basic stat title has been changed like

Cost- Rituals
Hp-Might
Attack-Ability power 1
Ability power 2
Etc.
Armour- Immortality (effected by terrain)
Factories- Altars
Speed - Boundaries (effected by terrain)
MR- Worshipers (in definite numbers)
Heal bonus-Eternal Blessings
Bonuses - Wisdom
Aura bonuses- Synergies( when paired with other gods)
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The ethereal army of gods, came in 3 tiers,
  • Golden_army
  • Elite_army
  • Ethereal_warriors
Cost- Souls
Hp- Might
Att- Power
Rng- Reach
Arm- Holiness / Evilness
Factories- Idol
Speed- Speed
Bonus- Wisdom
Aura bonus- Blessings.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Age of gods and demons?
Are you referencing to this manga series?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:32 am Age of gods and demons?
Oh, I see that you are a man of culture as well.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Concept

The game starts with a god and 4 ethereal warriors each of a kind namely, sword,spear,archer,religious. The player can choose their god of thier choice (they have unlocked) from launch screen. The god on start, will always spawn over Altars(the factory).

The ethereal warriors are immune and idle(with mobility) while the respective god is alive in battle field. ie, the starting of fight is focused between gods. Ethereal warriors (at high cost) can be trained from Altars.

Once a god is defeated, it turns to be an Idol. Altar becomes idle. Ethereal warriors become active and vulnerable. Each opponent unit killed by ethereal warriors, will add souls(in match currency for training golden and elite armies) and each player's unit damaged will add Rituals (in match currency for summoning gods). Once the Idol is obtained , the player can train troops in exchange for souls collected (each turn is calculated as consuming a soul). Once enough Rituals are collected, the player can summon their god at the respective altar # assuming the same god is not alive to other player* or another player's god at their altar # assuming the god is already killed and not yet re-summoned. And once the gid is re-summoned, Idol vanishes, altar become active and ethereal warriors can be trained.

The player loses once
1. They have no god alive in battle field 2. They have no ethereal warriors alive in battle field .
Or 2. The altar is idle, ethereal warriors are dead. And couldn't accumulate enough Rituals to re-summon a god.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Badnorth wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:34 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:32 am Age of gods and demons?
Oh, I see that you are a man of culture as well.
Of course i am. I am reading this manga since 40th chapters were released on russian (5 years already).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Actually I didn't know you read manga series. I haven't read Tales of Gods and Demons yet but i see it from time to time. Currently, Im just waiting for a new Attack on Titan chapter. And Vinland saga Chapters.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Ugh ugh . This is not based on manga
This is an inspiration from one of my friend irl, who relates with https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Cgln-4ZHZe tale
And The Iliads
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

@Stratego (dev) any interests .
Shall I proceed?
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this feels different in mechanics than current games - so question: is it need coding? or u plan to use same things/mechanics we already have?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 am this feels different in mechanics than current games - so question: is it need coding? or u plan to use same things/mechanics we already have?
Not entirely i hope, it can almost work like other variants, but a few things particularly (like the in match accumulation of souls etc), which won't be a problem technically because, it act as a similar approach like counting units, but a different way.

And the others, which i can handle on my own (if you permit to alter some of the threads in build) without effecting much to the basic coding(as i have a past intermediate experience of coding, which i had to leave behind due to the life's suppression)

I am not going all the way down to impress you, but if you feel yourself impressed from the basic concept, i can assure you putting a few hours from an entire year's time from you will make it worth a level higher.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Mhm interesting idea, i support this, becouse its interesting to read and watch (and play (Titan quest for example) all that connected with myths. Plus its interesting mechanics, so... Lets see what will be done...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:17 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 am this feels different in mechanics than current games - so question: is it need coding? or u plan to use same things/mechanics we already have?
Not entirely i hope, it can almost work like other variants, but a few things particularly (like the in match accumulation of souls etc), which won't be a problem technically because, it act as a similar approach like counting units, but a different way.

And the others, which i can handle on my own (if you permit to alter some of the threads in build) without effecting much to the basic coding(as i have a past intermediate experience of coding, which i had to leave behind due to the life's suppression)

I am not going all the way down to impress you, but if you feel yourself impressed from the basic concept, i can assure you putting a few hours from an entire year's time from you will make it worth a level higher.
sorry i dont support any aversion from main code - i want common code for easy deployments and maintenance.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:40 pm
Hyuhjhih wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:17 am

sorry i dont support any aversion from main code - i want common code for easy deployments and maintenance.
Why you so serious about game code?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego , all it could make is a small difference. Like reanimating in AoF but not in AoS. And it can work in a similar way of counting pop , the difference is very little, pop keeps acc of alive units, it keeps increasing or decreasing in units production or death. This hwr is taking acc of enemy unit death(like score) and the units damaged. It keeps accumulating and used up on production or reset in re-summon.

I respect your view not to let others scramble your codes.
I fully agree. So I keep this to you , if you ever gonna like it, and implement new system progressions, i will support in this AoGods honestly. Waiting for the revolution.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i dont understand the count mechanics, but that should show the acutual unit counts as in other games, that must not be a score like "all ever produced unit count" or something.

i maybe not even understand the "need" for it - can u tell me why is that needed and how u imagined and where the plyer should see the acutal units count if that counter would change?

scramble: not at all, but i dont want to make big branches in code.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The normal unit count exists as same , so do the score board.

I am telling about 2 new counts , like two colored crystals or some thing, suppose blue and green , at the megafactory-factory counters replacing it.

The count mechanism exist like this,

Unit_Ethereal_{Name} can kill any enemy units, and each enemy units killed add _NXX_ blue crystal(rituals) to player.

Unit_Ethereal_{Name},Unit_Golden_{Name},Unit_Elite_{Name} can damage or kill any enemy unit, and each enemy units damaged (or killed by direct damage than Abilities or counters) add _MXX_ green crystal(souls) to player.

Activate_God_Killed implies green crystal count reset to zero. Blue crystal counting becomes idle.

Activate_God_Summoned implies blue crystal count reset to zero. Green crystal counting becomes idle.
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Also the N, M are multipliers based on tile boundaries specific to players. Suppose Stratego play as green player. Then
Multipliers tile.png
Multipliers tile.png (630 Bytes) Viewed 5156 times
Killing or damaging enemy in 3️⃣ gives N, M value 3(or somewhat ) or vice versa
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually i still dont understand "why" should this work like this - i mean why would this be good?

also this plan seems too specific and also seems lot of work, so please find features within current mechanics
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:00 pm actually i still dont understand "why" should this work like this - i mean why would this be good?

also this plan seems too specific and also seems lot of work, so please find features within current mechanics
The main concept is inspired from the book series "Tale of Gods" and the greek epic "The ILIADS"

To match this concept, this is the smallest approach i can make. Although
Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 am The normal unit count exists as same , so do the score board.

I am telling about 2 new counts , like two colored crystals or some thing, suppose blue and green , at the megafactory-factory counters replacing it.

The count mechanism exist like this,

Unit_Ethereal_{Name} can kill any enemy units, and each enemy units killed add _NXX_ blue crystal(rituals) to player.

Unit_Ethereal_{Name},Unit_Golden_{Name},Unit_Elite_{Name} can damage or kill any enemy unit, and each enemy units damaged (or killed by direct damage than Abilities or counters) add _MXX_ green crystal(souls) to player.

Activate_God_Killed implies green crystal count reset to zero. Blue crystal counting becomes idle.

Activate_God_Summoned implies blue crystal count reset to zero. Green crystal counting becomes idle.
seems huge, i bet the coding won't be much of a work.

WHY SPECIFIC? I think every game in Ao series has its own traits, despite being the xerox of the code.
Like dodge in AoF than in AoS. Atleast, with the development of the games, new specific features will surely be applied. Thats how games these days stand a chance and survive within the vast ocean of playstore.

SEEMS A LOT OF WORK actually this is the misunderstanding. It probably wont need much, like (i am not sure about) a counting mech at the place of factories-megafactories counting, similar to the score counting mech but can be reset on trigger calling.
Atleast a few hours and a deep artistic thinking of codes to make it work successfully can make it worth💰😁.

And i think, maybe i put this idea at the wrong moment, when you were not even in a mood for more sitting in front of a computer for heavy thinking of new codes.

Atleast i can wait, forever, while if you ever could get some desire to make this project, and I can put the unit designs here , just to be showcased for future use.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Redanxelar

Re: Age Of Gods- Temporarily Suspended

Post by Redanxelar »

So this is never going to work?

Real bummer sounds really fun.
The old signature is damn cringe
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Redanxelar wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:11 pm So this is never going to work?

Real bummer sounds really fun.
May reopen. The dev is working on unity version, which open for more possibilities and this variant might get a chance. So, stay tuned.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Redanxelar

Post by Redanxelar »

Again it's me just had to come back to this I'm wondering if you can you know work with the current mechanics at ground you know just to get some stuffs of the ground like the Gods, terrain, Altar and so on

It'll be in beta and when stratego is cool with changing the mechanics or unity version is out maybe you can change it?

No zero thing about coding but seems like quite some work to me but still can it work?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Redanxelar wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:43 pm Again it's me just had to come back to this I'm wondering if you can you know work with the current mechanics at ground you know just to get some stuffs of the ground like the Gods, terrain, Altar and so on

It'll be in beta and when stratego is cool with changing the mechanics or unity version is out maybe you can change it?

No zero thing about coding but seems like quite some work to me but still can it work?
Yeah, I'll be working on it soon after AoC is released.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Redanxelar

Post by Redanxelar »

Oh that's Great

Return to “New variant ideas”