Ages Of Racing

ZakTheBuilder1
Location: From boats of runaways to the #1 military in the world

Ages Of Racing

Post by ZakTheBuilder1 »

This game would be like a Mario kart game where the player races others around a track, the person that gets their car to the finish wins money to upgrade their car to get to the big leagues to make more money and customize or sell their cars
You could bet on other players to win for a reward

Ages
You start out by using horses to race - Jockey Age
Then you progress through your amount of money and a XP system to get to the first cars - Combustion Age
The next age would be after world war one and during world war two - Grand Prix Age
The next age would be the cold war racing era 1945-1977 i believe idk when it ended. - Cold Age
The next age would be modern racing 1977 - 2000 - Modern Age
The next age would be from 2000 to 2077 yes 2077 - Futurist Age

I think for customizing the cars, there should be like a garage screen where the player can edit the color and cosmetics of the car.

There would be stages or classes for balance and each class you go up the more money you earn every race if you win
You would be able to build your own track.

this seems a bit to much but it does have to do with strategy because you have to stratigize how to win
AoWW, AoMW, AoV Graphic Designer

Like History
Like Rock
Listen to Sabaton
Maxbirykov2004

Re: Ages Of Racing

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

😳 Are you serious? 🙄
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:54 pm 😳 Are you serious? 🙄
Hmm :lol:
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
ZakTheBuilder1

Post by ZakTheBuilder1 »

I don't see yall trying to think of anything :)

Like History
Like Rock
Listen to Sabaton
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Look harder. That's not exactly the first post me or Max have made.
ZakTheBuilder1

Post by ZakTheBuilder1 »

Im sorry I dont see anything that has to do with racing
whats the title

Like History
Like Rock
Listen to Sabaton
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Apologies.

I used to be well into snail racing. It gets quite addictive, I'd try anything to speed them up. I'd feed them soap and shampoo hoping it would make their slime slicker. Feed them a high energy diet with lots of caffeine. I even tried taking their shells off, but that didn't make them any faster. If anything, it just made them more sluggish. :D
ZakTheBuilder1

Post by ZakTheBuilder1 »

Omg sluggish
was the pun intended

Like History
Like Rock
Listen to Sabaton
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Just curious, how will a turn based racing game work?
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well, as a good companion of optimism, this will be good but i think we need a new game engine, or probably pick one among the existing game engines to do with the RTS type than TBS type.

Getting a new engine or a new game with mere coding(even if you are so talented and determined) by alone or less than a 10 member team will suck the life out of you.

I will give some preferable open source engines and some proprietary ones also. And don't pick me in this , cause i left the programming field two years ago(don't ask me why), thats why i am not getting into AoF,S,WW modding even though i wanted to help Daniel in this.

List
Free open source
Unreal - ideal for rts , rpg , survival, fast paced, realistic

Unity - ideal for , survival, simulation, fast paced, realistic, rpg, 3D

Game maker , doesn't require high level programming skills, ideal for fast paced, adventure , sandbox. TD (best example would be super mario and terraria like games)

GODOT, requires MIT license though free and open. The game making is much more simple and farely handled, lesser bugs, and idealistic behaviors, popular. ideal for most platforms and categories.

Well these are the least i can help since i don't want to involve too much again in the field i hated due to some personal experiences. And thats why i quit using discord and started using a private platform in Quora, you can catchup with me there if you want to.

Hyu opting out. But will be there in front line to test the game.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Oh and i forgot RPGMAKER.the best one for beginners and a ballistic missile for expert, with required nothing related to programming, and can be best paired with an even relatively low javascript knowledge. But is a paid one , but worth the price .
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I agree with you, however as far as I know stratego has no intention of doing that, which is understandable.

I don't think there are any forumers insane enough to take this task on and not even publish it as their own game.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
ZakTheBuilder1

Post by ZakTheBuilder1 »

Someone might, you never know.
This post may have just fueled a person to do such.

Like History
Like Rock
Listen to Sabaton
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I understand. And i am well aware of the existence of a tight team work for Daniel in the period before 2018 i think, as i can see it from the history of topic and a poll and voting system, groups and monitoring and moderating. But i guess many of the good helpers went splitting out the track of real life. And yeah, midonik,puss in boot, etc are still here retaining their passion. I would definitely stick in this path as long as i could, thats an assurance.

Yeah, the team. I don't know, whether Daniel is alone and and hardly worked out a mesmerizing game or is having a office, a server setup, a team of technicians and programmers. But as my part of vision , Daniel has a nice friendly faithful bunch of forumers who are ready to help him in any way they each can, and a big deal with each of the moderators also. In real fact, my brothers also are developers (stem softwares- not that fame and with a bunch of not so bad games and apps). And even though , my full support is concerned for Daniel in all way.
So my point is , divide the work , getting the groups active once again, and would result in a stunning work from ZTS .

I don't know if this chat and my words is out of the topic and whether everyone could accept it, but i hope someone could get the essence of it.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I'm pretty sure Daniel is the only one actually coding. He must be doing that in spare time too, I don't think these games pay the bills. Or maybe even their own maintenance costs.
Not gonna lie, the forumer don't seem to be as organized as they used to be, for the reasons you listed. We must be in the place where the older generation of forumers has largely broke apart, and now the new generation is yet to "mature" enough to carry the same weight as they did.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “New variant ideas”