Boomerang/Chakram Soldiers CLOSED

Puss_in_Boots

Boomerang/Chakram Soldiers CLOSED

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Boomerangs were ancient weapons used for hunting, it could inflict brutal damage on the target. These units are the bridge between archer and infantry. They are close quarter units that only have 3 range, and could stand somewhat of a fighting chance against swordsmen. This unit can be produced at the archery range.

Stats:
Hp: 12
Attack:6
Armor: 0
Armor pierce: 0
Range: 3
Cost: 2
Movement: 3
Sight: 6

The chakram is a throwing weapon made in India. They could be used well in hand to hand combat. It will be the step up from the boomerang soldier. The tech will take 6 turns to complete, and can only be researched at the archery range.

Stats:
Cost:2
Hp: 16
Attack: 8
Armor: 0
Armor pierce: 0
Range: 4
Sight: 6
Movement: 3

Tech: Ricochet, this tech takes 6 turns to research It will give the boomerang unit a 30% chance to hit a unit adjacent to the targeted unit. It must be researched in the center of technology (Not a commonly built production building).

Sadly, I have no experience, nor knowledge for graphic designs(at all). Here are some suggestions for how it should look:
-Same guy as the archer
-Faces left
-Holds a boomerang or chakram on his left hand too
-His left arm at his waist
His right arm rests on his waist bended only slightly up, and his hand is below it.

-Each has a tiny bonus on cavalry (like 25%)
-Small bonus on infantry.
-Huge bonus on aviation.

Or maybe there are some graphic design programs you can suggest, and I can learn how to do this along the way? :|
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
OLÉ
COOLguy

Re: Boomerang/Chakram Soldiers

Post by COOLguy »

Awesome ideas! Please put them each into separate threads to keep the forum organized :)

Won't the chakram be OP compared to the boomerang though?
Thanks!
Josh
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

COOLguy wrote:Awesome ideas! Please put them each into separate threads to keep the forum organized :)
Yes, but these ideas are very much related and I thought it would be weird to have a thread about techs and upgrades meant for a unit that isnt even in the game. :?

Also the chakram is meant to be an upgrade of the boomerang in this idea, so it should be stronger. If this sounds peculiar, and the boomerang sounds good on its own, let me know. ;)
OLÉ
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Just saying, but that unit is not worth a cost of 3. Nearly every other 3 cost unit could kill it. (longbowman, light cavalry, maceman, poison archer, etc)

I think a cost of 2 would be better
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Of course, I will edit the propesed cost and make it cheaper, and put in just one more range just to be more realistic with it.
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Okay after some time of looking through some useful, but old forum threads, I think I have enough good resources (NOT REALLY) to start producing some images for these first unit ideas of mine. :)

This should serve as good practice for my art works. I am using a phone for this too, so it may take a while before I get all the images done, and nice looking as well.

If all goes wrong I may need somebody else to do this for me. :oops:

If you have any suggestions, you are free to speak them.

(And yes I will be using some images from the forums to edit them into the units.)
OLÉ
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Sounds great!
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

indeed! can't wait to see them!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Hey, sorry to disappoint. I just came back here to make some edits to the unit stats.

I will still be working on the images for the units I proposed.

I got rid of armor pierce (Which I thought was "armor piercing")

Also I think this unit should not get the archer mastery bonus. However, it will receive the armor; just so that it works fine without causing some imbalances.
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I have some second thoughts on this unit... Clearly the bow and arrow outclassed most of this unit's properties, additionally ricocheting boomerangs into other soldiers would probably be very rare, and the boomerang was actually very ancient. I think it's best if we shut down the boomerang project, and continue with the Chakram unit. I request to delete this topic to start a different one to become more focused on historical accuracy. We should make this a national unit instead too. I don't think we have any Indian units other than the Elephants.
OLÉ
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I think chakram suppose to deal in normal damage rather than pierce. Chakram warrior run fast .
COOLguy

Re: Boomerang/Chakram Soldiers CLOSED

Post by COOLguy »

Closed as requested
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “ARCHIVED - Answered suggestions”