Map Fortnight

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Kalistra

Map Fortnight

Post by Kalistra »

This one is a lot of fun! Between the terrain difficulties and forts and tcs to snag in the early game. Was wondering if certain units could dislodge the occupying unit? In other words can the fort be recaptured with units inside or only destroyed? Elephants come to mind, on my last playthrough I was able to hit an armored cavalry inside a fort with a unit(I know this bc the forts health did not go down but I got a damage number display and the sound effect of cavaly being hit), just cant remember which one and it wasn't consistent, next strike hit the fort; was this a glitch? Also had issues converting some of the many buildings even with upgraded priests even after as many as 6 tries, any one else have this issue or better tactics?
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. -Sun Tzu's Art of War
makazuwr32

Re: Map Fortnight

Post by makazuwr32 »

Kalistra wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 am This one is a lot of fun! Between the terrain difficulties and forts and tcs to snag in the early game. Was wondering if certain units could dislodge the occupying unit? In other words can the fort be recaptured with units inside or only destroyed? Elephants come to mind, on my last playthrough I was able to hit an armored cavalry inside a fort with a unit(I know this bc the forts health did not go down but I got a damage number display and the sound effect of cavaly being hit), just cant remember which one and it wasn't consistent, next strike hit the fort; was this a glitch? Also had issues converting some of the many buildings even with upgraded priests even after as many as 6 tries, any one else have this issue or better tactics?
You can occupy fort if you will spend action of unit before moving into fort (normally).

Alas because fort is destroyable it can be targeted to attack and thus in order to occupy you must either spend all actions to move unit in or move melee unit that is a bit further from fort (1+ tile from it but in range of his movement).

Can't say anything about convert.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Kalistra

Post by Kalistra »

Did not want a change really, was more reporting a possible bug while asking if what i experienced was normal, i suspect it was not. I will try to describe better: during play i captured several forts. I was occupying one with a basic spearman. Opponent attacks with 2 heavy knights, my spearman is killed and opponent occupies fort. I beleived my spearman invulnerable while inside the fort, is this not correct?
Incident 2 same game, different fort, enemy holds this time with a single heavy cavalry. I attack with a gisarmeman, my first attack hit the unit inside, (i saw a damage number and sound effect for mounted) but every subsequent turn only the fort took damage until i destroyed it to get to the knight.
So inconsistent behavior going on. Could be there was an update and it was a glitch fixed/created maybe...so that next day when i updated then took my turns it had changed midgame for me.
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. -Sun Tzu's Art of War
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Kalistra wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 am This one is a lot of fun! Between the terrain difficulties and forts and tcs to snag in the early game.
Ok, I will make sure to try this map put when I can.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”