More info on multiplayers

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
phoenixffyrnig

More info on multiplayers

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Is there the possibility (or, even, is there the desire) for more readily available info on multiplayers? That is, click on their name in Map Launch, and up comes some relevant info.

Don't know what others think, but I'd like to be able to see what languages people speak, this game has gone round the world it seems. Also might be handy if % of unlockables could be shown somehow (I recently set up an MP game to test my newly unlocked Hwacha, and sent them into devastating action on some poor guy on his first badge! Would not have done so if I knew he was so new).

On that subject, instead of full or no upgrades, would it work to separate the upgrades into tier 1, 2, and 3, and have that as game options? (ie, someone with about half upgrades can set the limit to tier 2, and won't be smashed by heavy trebs, elite cannon galleons and elite foot knights - at the moment, it's all or nothing).

I love this game, but I feel it can come across as overwhelming to new players, but we want as many new people as possible to stick with it. Think we need to do something to allow more even matches between newer folks and seasoned veterans.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Rose

Re: More info on multiplayers

Post by Rose »

Personally I love the idea of this but it would be hard to explain to new players what is in each tier easily... Might end up needing to rework the tech tree by tier witch would result in noobs just skipping the basics to get a power spike and getting steamrolled bc they don't have the structures to use them
Admire the flowering buds all you like...
However it's the thorns you need to be worried about
Kalistra

Re: More info on multiplayers

Post by Kalistra »

The tech tree has grown very large and problematic. One possible solution would be to break tech groups into 3 unlockable tiers so that you would have to buy all the beginer techs before moving on, removing the guessing game from a new player looking for basic upgrades hidden down many accesible pages of unknown techs. This would also tie into the tiered combat handicap system for multiplayer phoenix mentioned. You could have different subsets also like nordic upgrades, healer, soldier so on so that a player has a little more feel of what they are using their gems towards once they get past the beginer tier and into the wider tree which should still mostly be available after beginer tier.
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. -Sun Tzu's Art of War

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”