The Rankings/statistics Dispution center

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
First_Speaker

Re: The Rankings/statistics Dispution center

Post by First_Speaker »

I know one should refrain from rating one's self, but I feel you were a tad generous with my playstyle.

I think I'm more of a "research heavy then realize everyone else has an entire empire while I'm still training my first pikeman" kind of player, however that fits into the current hierarchy of styles.

Also note that newbies would probably leave my military expertise wanting, as I have been beaten in this game by my young children. Please see "March unofficial tournament " post for a more apt player style/skill ranking for me (don't remember it exactly, but think 80 year old emphysema sufferer trying to walk to the hospital for his 3rd heart surgery whilst the rubber stoppers on his walking frame have been replaced with caster wheels (the kind on roller office chairs)"
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Lol
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Lol.

Dooms went higher because it is a steeper curve towards the median. (If you are really high then your score falls quicker too)

Plus Doom showed how nice he was in our tourney game to run a light cavalryman on my Pike. :D
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yeah, about that...

I should really stop taking turns when I'm tired and about to go to bed.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

DoomCarrot wrote: I should really stop taking turns when I'm tired and about to go to bed.
You mean that's NOT a good idea?
Explains a lot actually....
:(
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

COOLguy wrote:All rankings rise.
Except DoomCarrots honour :lol:
Not complaining, good call, good call. :D
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote:Yeah, about that...

I should really stop taking turns when I'm tired and about to go to bed.
lol me too. That explains a lot of really stupid choices on the battlefield
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

I must petition for Esleys compromising and honour stat to be greatly reduced, for recently in a map he has begun to use 'Ship spam'.
When asked about his shameless act, the only reply was 'If you can't beat em.....'
The problem? No one else 'Ship spams', yet he pushes so far to call the AleScots hypocrites for denouncing the heinous act formally.
The AleScots have a spotless reputation and impeccable honour, to suggest that they would stoop to the level expected of one of the classless True Alelanders (alias Alegers) (The ones first encountered by the Coolguyian fleet) is an insult of the highest order.
He believes himself 'victimized' because he was spawned on a ship on the Europe map, yet I was also placed on a ship, a considerably smaller one, and the AleScots honour remains intact.
I must ask that you take drastic action against this radical before others fall prey of his deceitful ways.
Last edited by Hardeep on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

WHAT!? The pot calls the kettle black! Or perhapd I should say the Hardeep says the Red Fist uses a symbol of a hand! :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

Hardeep wrote:I must petition for Esleys compromising and honour stat to be greatly reduced, for recently in a map he has begun to use 'Ship spam'.
When asked about his shameless act, the only reply was 'If you can't beat em.....'
Though I hate to side with hardeep, I can testify that esley did ship spam on Sires and Serfs, since the game was created before the shipbuilding modifications. It is quite the dishonorable thing to do in a time of desperation, but I also testify that hardeep ship spammed in World War 3, since he too was in a desperate situation. So hardeep, esley may be dishonorable, but you are dishonorable AND a hypocrite
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Various stats of Esley fall as well as a few from Hardeep's (but did this spamming happen after the International Washington Treaties against ship spamming?)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

LagitKiller wrote:So hardeep, esley may be dishonorable, but you are dishonorable AND a hypocrite
:o .... :? .....

Tis true that Esley learned how to ship spam from Hardeep though :P
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Lets get this straight, if you new anything about the forces at my disposal, you'd already know this, but.... oh well :roll:

The people who ship spam and get blamed for all evil in the world are the true alelanders, the people who desended straight from the royal distilled ale of kings, the ones that are no longer in power thanks to the great blunder with the Meadmeisters that lead to an invasion that drove all Alefolk into exile. However, the Barony and other Alefolk have pardoned them as long as they stay away from drawing total wars with neighbors. They retain the ancient ship building tactics that everyone fears and imitates. They are the least influencial of the Alefolk, and the least 'honourable in combat'.

The rest of the brewfolk, for the most part, never ship spam and are honourable to a fault!
For example, take the AleScots or even Aleknights. How can you say they are hypocrites for being angry that others ship spam when they themselves have never done it! The Barony (Meadmeisters) haven't even taken to sea yet!

Therefore I must petition that my honour and other scores under my name be restored to optimal conditions and the True Alelanders to be given their own seperate ratings. (As they are the only ones people have problems with :D )

Like come on! My score is reduced for the acts of a small part of the vastly greater whole! And the score drops each time for the same reason it dropped in the first place! The exact same complaints from different people on the same game contributes to making the Phonicai look more honourable and good than the Brewborn!

And also, I demand that my truce ranking be put up to 5. I do not mean to cause offense, but it is outrageous as my truce keeping is impeccable and none can debate against that, the things I do that do not pertain to truces are another matter entirely.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

COOLguy wrote:Various stats of Esley fall as well as a few from Hardeep's (but did this spamming happen after the International Washington Treaties against ship spamming?)
My 'spamming' in world war 3 happened before and is still on a very low level
Elseys ship spamming happened after the Washington treaties
And also, I would like to highlight how the AleScots, in the same map in question regarding Esley, had a distinctly worse position than Esley and worse grounds, yet I still managed to make the most of it and rise above being pitiable even though my spawn (as Laggit was most astute in observing) was 'the worst spot'
Esley could have easily countered my efforts, especially since the map was on reveal, but he didn't, so I took advantage and he decided to spam.

Lets be honest people, was my action in Sires and serfs amazing or what? :D
(Doom please post screenshots)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hardeep wrote: Lets be honest people, was my action in Sires and serfs amazing or what? :D

Well, besides breaking the DCPR's council decision of granting certain lands to you and Esley, and blitzkrieging the all of it without the DCPR's consent, it was... Interesting.

He landed on the Northern coast tc that the DCPR generously ceded to him. However, he then carried his transport over the bridge and took almost the entire southern peninsula, which was territory that the council had ruled in favor of keeping, and he went as far as taking the southern coast, which had already been ceded to the Eslyians.

Although it was predictable the moment he set out for land, I must admit it was quite clever. Unfourtanately, the action raised tensions greatly within the Tri-nation area, and almost led to war, which thankfully was averted more or less. :?

upload a picture
Esley

Post by Esley »

Treaties? i have no idea what you're talking about, i demand my ranking be put back in its rightful place! Also hardeep's should be lowered for skipping me! And i swear to the old gods and new that if i have a chance to skip him i will do it without a single break on my conscious! Skipping someone is a unlawful action to do without proper wait time, my skips will be avenged!
Esley

Post by Esley »

Wow! Just checked our 2v2 and you took full advantage of skipping my turn, what a scumbag
Esley

Post by Esley »

Let's say his honour be lowered 5000 points? Seems fair to me
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Um, most every game I make I specifically state that I will skip people if I am not informed of a reasonable absence.... :?:
Skipping was put in place by Daniel in order to power through AWOL players, as you were legally presumed dead, I decided that instead of skipping you all in one go, I would systematically skip you game by game the longer you stayed AWOL.... That is more kindness than one should EVER expect, so how does this lower my stats at all? If you want to complain about a game function it goes to Daniel, not here.
With that being said, the only change that would make sense in the circumstances would be to increase my goodness for my merciful acts.

Come on Esley :) not even Doom complains when I skip him when he goes AWOL
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, although skipping an active forumer is a little rude, you should try to let people know if you will be gone (I understand that sometimes it does not work out)

Hardeep is a rather ruthless skipper; and that was already taken into account when the rankings were put up. And he admits that he will skip you. But this time he was actually rather lenient. You were missing completely and he waited 48 hours and began skipping some of your turns (but even then, not all of them). He is operating by some weird and confused standard, so that is why I decided to keep his rankings as is.

But I agree that if you get the chance, you are more than justified in skipping Hardeep.
Thanks!
Josh
Esley

Post by Esley »

What a joke hardeep, point is why skip me in the 2v2 where each turn matters so much???? Why not skip me in lake house or another game where the outcome is clear, but no you take it apond yourself to skip me in the 2v2 where I have a slight advantage over u, U want us to think that was just coincidence? What a joke
Last edited by Esley on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esley

Post by Esley »

Another point Cool, why was my points lowered for a treaty I have never heard of?
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Why would you not notify me that you were still alive? I was tempted to kick you in a few games tbh.
And yes, of course in maps like lake house I wouldn't skip till all hope was lost since you had an army within range of me and your AI would have wrecked my fleet even though we are allied as of late against the DCPR. And kicking you would be equally unhealthy as I would have to fight an Ai that would probably not attack Doom.

Just like in WW3, someone else skipped you, not me. And in Last of the Mohicans, twas not me who skipped you.
Hardeep is a rather ruthless skipper;
I agree, though I must admit all these games have softened me a bit...... unacceptable, i know
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

COOLguy wrote:Hardeep is a rather ruthless skipper... ...He is operating by some weird and confused standard
Everyone's gotta have some sort of code :lol:

My personal code of conduct (which is the superior code of skipping that should be enforced globally by the Convention :) ) in a situation like this:

1. I wait 24.2-49.64 hours.
2. I post a topic in forum asking where they are.
3. I send them a PM asking them what's going on, in case they didn't see the topic.
4. I wait another 24.2-49.64 hours.
5. If I have no response still, I skip/kick.

However, I'm incredibly lenient with people going MIA, probably since I myself do it often :lol:
But I always post on the forum saying that I am going and how long I will be gone.

So, for the future, to clear up this argument:

Hardeep: That was kinda harsh to skip without PMing him or something (since he was active on forum).
Esley: You probably should have tried to find a way to post a topic saying that you lost your phone and won't be around for a while...
Esley

Post by Esley »

You skip for personal gain, you didn't skip in lake game becasue I was allied with u, but u skiped me in the 2v2 and we are in a brutal war, not a coincidence
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

I let others skip my allies....... who would skip an ally? Unless its Dum7anthem :D
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I'm a little bitter about Dums7Anthem to this day lol... :|
Esley

Post by Esley »

We are no longer allies in that game BTW, don't think ever again :lol: you can petition to lower my compromising score all you want
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Esley wrote:Another point Cool, why was my points lowered for a treaty I have never heard of?
My apologies, I had assumed that everyone had heard of the Washington Anti-Spam treaties. They are almost as well known as the Anti-Rush Geneva Conventions.
DoomCarrot wrote:I'm a little bitter about Dums7Anthem to this day lol... :|
Who is that?
Hardeep wrote:I agree, though I must admit all these games have softened me a bit...... unacceptable, i know
True: he is a lot nicer now.
DoomCarrot wrote:1. I wait 24.2-49.64 hours.2. I post a topic in forum asking where they are.3. I send them a PM asking them what's going on, in case they didn't see the topic.4. I wait another 24.2-49.64 hours.5. If I have no response still, I skip/kick.
Very similar to mine. However I am usually even more lenient to forumers (like Balint, Patroid, and TheBluePhoenix). I have never skipped an active forumer. But I do not hesitate against random undisciplined people :)
Esley wrote:You skip for personal gain, you didn't skip in lake game becasue I was allied with u, but u skiped me in the 2v2 and we are in a brutal war, not a coincidence
Hardeep wrote:I let others skip my allies....... who would skip an ally?
Both true
DoomCarrot wrote:But I always post on the forum saying that I am going and how long I will be gone.
This is a good practice
DoomCarrot wrote:So, for the future, to clear up this argument:Hardeep: That was kinda harsh to skip without PMing him or something (since he was active on forum).Esley: You probably should have tried to find a way to post a topic saying that you lost your phone and won't be around for a while...
Yes, let us all officially sign the Treaty of Paris (for Regulated Skipping) and be amiable enemies about it.
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

COOLguy wrote:
Esley wrote:Another point Cool, why was my points lowered for a treaty I have never heard of?
My apologies, I had assumed that everyone had heard of the Washington Anti-Spam treaties. They are almost as well known as the Anti-Rush Geneva Conventions.
DoomCarrot wrote:I'm a little bitter about Dums7Anthem to this day lol... :|
Who is that?
Hardeep wrote:I agree, though I must admit all these games have softened me a bit...... unacceptable, i know
True: he is a lot nicer now.
DoomCarrot wrote:1. I wait 24.2-49.64 hours.2. I post a topic in forum asking where they are.3. I send them a PM asking them what's going on, in case they didn't see the topic.4. I wait another 24.2-49.64 hours.5. If I have no response still, I skip/kick.
Very similar to mine. However I am usually even more lenient to forumers (like Balint, Patroid, and TheBluePhoenix). I have never skipped an active forumer. But I do not hesitate against random undisciplined people :)
Esley wrote:You skip for personal gain, you didn't skip in lake game becasue I was allied with u, but u skiped me in the 2v2 and we are in a brutal war, not a coincidence
Hardeep wrote:I let others skip my allies....... who would skip an ally?
Both true
DoomCarrot wrote:But I always post on the forum saying that I am going and how long I will be gone.
This is a good practice
DoomCarrot wrote:So, for the future, to clear up this argument:Hardeep: That was kinda harsh to skip without PMing him or something (since he was active on forum).Esley: You probably should have tried to find a way to post a topic saying that you lost your phone and won't be around for a while...
Yes, let us all officially sign the Treaty of Paris (for Regulated Skipping) and be amiable enemies about it.
I agree completely.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”