March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status! *FINISHED*

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
First_Speaker

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by First_Speaker »

Officially getting owned...

...again.
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

My game with river raider is progressing very slowly, we haven't even made contact yet. Currently he is not taking his turn, should I skip him to prevent further delay? Or just wait?
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

LagitKiller wrote:My game with river raider is progressing very slowly, we haven't even made contact yet. Currently he is not taking his turn, should I skip him to prevent further delay? Or just wait?
3. If you must be afk for a few days, this is understandable. Just please notify your opponent and/or me that you will be away. Otherwise, they will not be accountable for skipping/kicking you. If you do not respond for more than 3 days without telling your opponent or me why, I will not hold them back from kicking/skipping you.
i am guessing that you need to wait 3 days
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

How long has he not responded? Do not skip him yet right now.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Thank you for waiting ) Delay not intentional, have time wars issue!...I'm behind in time 7 hrs in one game. I hit refresh at 7 hrs left and it went to another player..skipped again!?...
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ah, ok, cool, welcome back! :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Daniels overwhelmingly rural tactics overwhelmed me utterly and completely :cry:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Actually i did not understand why have you resigned.
i had 800 points while you 600, and you had very good defense that i could not penetrate easily - and you had also heavy night tech to swipe out my archer army.

also hint for you:
- at the beginning you have lost a tc on the south west,
- because you left it unguarded and my light cav. could easily occupy it
- and the first unit to be trained there was not a pikeman to kill any possible light cavalry (as i killed your light cav.) but you trained something else (worker?)
->> i think you must expect that any tc far away from your base will be possible harmed by a light cavalry (as the fastest unit, and also as a starting unit)

i think THAT TC loss made you feel that you are lost in a few turns later
(however you were not necessarily lost)
Attachments
device-2016-03-22-195111.jpg
device-2016-03-22-195111.jpg (81.64 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

I had a spy in the southern Tc, As I did not get its sight bonus until AFTER I moved it, I could not see that your light cav had advanced upon it. So I presumed you moved your light cav had retreated within the walls of the Tc hinting that you had no ready pikemen to counter the light cav, so I moved my spy. Had I known you had advanced the Light cav rather than retreating, I would have backed up my light cav, allowed you to kill the spy but have my light cav in place before you could take my Tc. Also, all my Tc productions were based on a southern sweep. And I was researching to many techs to get much of an army going before you also got the techs and overwhelmed the much weaker northern front and shot my workers to death. The small map threw me of balance. This was the first small multiplayer map I've played.
Last edited by Hardeep on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

And also, my spy stopped one of your productions, which I don't think it should be able to....
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

UPDATE ON COOLGUY VS FIRST_SPEAKER:

This game is progressing well. How best to describe it...

It's like watching a seasoned veteran of the criminal underworld steal candy from a retarded, asthmatic 6 year old with a wheelchair that's missing a wheel.

(Note: this visualisation is for dramatic effect only, and not meant to incriminate or villify coolguy in any way).

Maybe more appropriate would be an Olympic gold medalist weight lifter playing tug-o-war against a 3-legged teacup Chihuahua with no teeth.

Yes... That's more appropriate.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

COOLguy wrote:I like mine. :D Maybe someone will sign up that I can beat on round 1 :)

Please no one hard sign up. I don't want to lose round 1. :P
You probably would have had a better game against an empty box...
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

LOL First-Speaker your analogies actually made me laugh out loud :lol:

As for Daniel and Hardeep: Thanks for the update, I shall update the brackets. And yes, I would imagine your playstyle to be very innefective on a 20x20 map Hardeep, although it is super effective on the larger maps. :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Naaah , i kicked his ass there too :lol:
(This statement too is not made to villify or degrade the undergraded alemaster) :D
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Naaah , i kicked his ass there too :lol:
(This statement too is not made to villify or degrade the undergraded alemaster) :D
Thats it, how bout you join up on first Speakers map, Sires and serfs, and we'll see how that plays out :twisted:
Though in truth my playstyle can onlybe classified as super effective against Doom anyways
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Tbf Hardeep,you have only gotten the better of me once or twice with no help from anyone else. ;)

Also, Sires and Serfs is full... :oops:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Lol!!! :)

First-Speaker you are great! I love your analogies! After this map do you want to play another map (on the same team?)

And update: I definitely have the upper hand. Game end projected in about T-minus 4 turns
Thanks!
Josh
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

COOLguy wrote: After this map do you want to play another map (on the same team?
Sure. I humbly request a 6 turn head start to even things up a bit.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Hardeep wrote:
TheBluePhoenix wrote:Naaah , i kicked his ass there too :lol:
Thats it, how bout you join up on first Speakers map, Sires and serfs, and we'll see how that plays out :twisted:
Though in truth my playstyle can onlybe classified as super effective against Doom anyways
Extremely sorry but i have exams and for that very reason i couldnot join this tourney. But dont worry we will have a face of in my tourney and others too maybe. And as doom said, the game's already full :oops:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I was mistaken: It took me 3 turns :)

Good game First-Speaker! If anyone wants a reliable player, I really recommend First-Speaker! (I've been playing like 3+ years, so I know that you will get more experienced to rival any of us soon)
Attachments
fs tourney 4.png
fs tourney 4.png (52.87 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Aha, this is solid evidence of a win, good game COOLGuy & First-Seeker, brackets will be updated! Also, looks like COOLGuy and I are set for round 2... I shall await your PM.

P.S. Yes, we were all noobs once... One or two of us still is maybe :?
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

COOLguy wrote:I was mistaken: It took me 3 turns :)

Good game First-Speaker! If anyone wants a reliable player, I really recommend First-Speaker! (I've been playing like 3+ years, so I know that you will get more experienced to rival any of us soon)
I've been playing a different strategy game since 2012 and despite bring on the leader board (ranked 44 of over 100,000), I'm still a noob in that game too. A wise man once told me;
"I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you."
Story of my life.... forever noob....
:cry:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Let's see... I defeated First-Speaker in 36 turns. So I should be able to defeat DoomCarrot in 42? (longer because he has been playing longer than First-Speaker) :)

Let me post screenshots again! I have been generated in a pretty favorable position. Doom will have to play super aggressive to counteract it, but then I will just defend my river and wait for him to overextend. :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

:P

I have nothing else to say...
Esley

Post by Esley »

I can back up the claim that he is still a noob in the game where he is #44 in the world.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

Esley wrote:I can back up the claim that he is still a noob in the game where he is #44 in the world.
Correction: now ranked 47th...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Today... Looks busy. Sorry, I will try to take as many turns as possible...
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

No problem, my spring break just ended, and I have like 12 games going, so I might be somewhat inactive as well :?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Here is that promised screenshot. As you can see, I was able to take a brief advantage over Doom, by occupying 3 Towns to his 1
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Nice map- this is the first map we played together remember coolguy? But u defeated me..

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”