AoS World Cup

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
phoenixffyrnig

AoS World Cup

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Dearly beloved - we are gathered here today to batter the holy crap out of eachother :lol:

This is a prototype tournament trialling a 4 way FFA set up. Unfortunately it's not an open, but we have gathered together some of the very finest, from veterans to upstarts, legends of the game to rising stars.

The Format 16 players are divided into 4 groups who will fight in a qualifying round. After this, there will also be a Final for everyone, all the group winners against eachother, all the 2nd places together, all the 3rds etc. Group Stage on maps <35x35, Finals on maps >40x40

The Groups (these have been randomly drawn on our WattsApp and Messenger groups)

Group A
@Stratego (dev)
Paul Southerner
@mickmackmike
@andysensei

Group B
@Foxious
@Aral_Yaren
@goose88
@friedrich

Group C
Zded
@b2198
@phoenixffyrnig
@Inbreak

Group D
@godOfKings
@Hyuhjhih
@Warson
Xaniro

The Logistics I will be choosing one person from each group as Game Master - these people will set up the game (we have shortlisted a selection of maps by peer review that should provide a fair start for all), and they will communicate to me the results of the games. We will be kicking off very soon.

The Rules
No ingame diplomacy, this truly is every man for himself.
No CoolGuy (for a level playing field).
No skipping please - I can reach all players in one way or another, and everyone here is a committed and regular player, but there may be occasions when a turn can't be taken on time. For the sake of a good game I think we can wait a few hours if needs be.
Games will be: 24 hr turns, no start techs, upgrades enabled, no spells. Start units either few or many, at the choice of the Game Master, as will be the number of TCs.
4th place is defined as the player who is "Lost" first, etc.
In the event of one (or more) games lasting significantly longer than others, we may need to declare a winner (if it is almost certain) to continue to the next stage, but the group game can then continue to its conclusion.

The Prizes Pride, Glory, and Immortality.

Morituri te salutant 8-)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
phoenixffyrnig

Re: AoS World Cup

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

OK, Game Masters are on the case. We cover a few different time zones, but should be up and running at some point today.

Passwords will be sent out as soon as I get them
Chilling33

Post by Chilling33 »

How do i join
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Sorry man, we're full on this one. I'll probably be doing it again at some point though
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Results are in from the group stage

Grp A
1 AndySensei
2 3M
3 PaulS
4 Stratego

Grp B
1 Aral
2 Foxy
3 Friedrich
4 Goose

(other groups still ongoing - change of personnel in Grp C, SonofGod replaced Inbreak who unfortunately vanished)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Group D is a mess, me and warson heavily contesting for hyujh tcs while xaniro apparently taking a passive beating from warson, at least thats wat warson told me so i cant b sure
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOxtho

Post by LordOxtho »

I wanna joinnnnn
Why be a king when you can be a Lord.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

group D result
1) godOfKings
2) Warson
3) Xaniro
4)hyuhjhih
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

If possible, I want to join the next tournament. :)

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”