Capture the Fortress map Issue IMPLEMENTED

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Foxious

Capture the Fortress map Issue IMPLEMENTED

Post by Foxious »

First Issue:
After playing the map many times, I've noticed one issue repeating over and over.
When I capture the fortress (Which I always do :D ), I own the 4 Fortress towers at the corners as well.
But when a player is kicked, not only do these four towers deactivate but also the units inside them are trapped for good. Can't make them move, shoot, or anything, except for Deleting them.
This also has happened that after these towers got deactivated and destroyed either by me or the enemies (there were 2 instances one or two of the towers got destroyed by an opponent) if I moved any unit in the place of the destroyed fortress tile, those units also would get frozen and I would lose them for good.

Another issue:
Sometimes after 4-5 turns, when I get my Bannerman to the gates, nothing is triggered! but when an opponent does the same they can capture the fortress. :?
Endru1241

Re: Capture the Fortress map Issue

Post by Endru1241 »

I checked the map and I think I have some suspicion what is the issue here.
There is a trigger "object in area" for tc in the center, which disables all 4 towers fortresses.
There are also 4 triggers "Obj1 unit beside/in obj2" for all four bannermen.
Each of them enables all towers, changes owner for these bunch of objects, transforms bannerman, displays message and deactivates other 3 trigers for bannermen.

I think the problem lies in this TC trigger - It should only run once at the start of the game, but maybe somehow it also re-runs on player kick.
It could be solved by e.g. changing it to 4 triggers, each running only on player 1st turn and displaying only message to him.

At least even if trigger would somehow be trying to be re-run conditions won't allow to activate the effects.

As for another issue - I have 2 different things in mind:
1. Are you sure you were trying the correct gate and did this gate still exist?
Trigger is set for specific gates for each bannerman.
2. There is a trigger issue in AoF, where object ids are somehow shifting after corpse creation/destruction - maybe it is somehow affecting AoS too?
That would mean some other unit (not surely your own and possibly e.g. a wall) would be designated "unit1" for that trigger to run.
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Re: Capture the Fortress map Issue IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

Anyway - the attempt to fix it is published, so let's see if it'll stop repeating.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”