Increase population when inheriting an ex-ally's forces

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
phoenixffyrnig

Increase population when inheriting an ex-ally's forces

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

In team games, when you take control of someone else's forces through kicking or resigning you are still restricted by the population limit for one player even though you are technically playing for two players.

This can really throw things out of whack in big games where most people are operating near the population max - if say in a 2v2 and someone's ally disappears, they are left battling on with essentially half the productivity of their opponents.

Can it be coded in so that taking the place of another player gives the equivalent lift to population limit?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
TheSenate-_-

Re: Increase population when inheriting an ex-ally's forces

Post by TheSenate-_- »

Agreed it is fundamentally unfair and it becomes more apparent in high level play. What is the player who takes over his partner's army supposed to do when he inherits an army that exceeds 200 population limit? Why should the other teams have a net max of 400 and the single player with a absent teamate 200? Should his troop economy crash because he wants to keep the game going? That was all rhetorical, of course not. I second phonix's comments I'm sure it's just an oversight. It's been in the game a while though just a heads up is all

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”