Trench IMPLEMENTED

balint

Trench IMPLEMENTED

Post by balint »

Many trenches were uséd during the World wars They were used to give the soldiers a defensive place, where they can repeat fire, without tsking in too many damage.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
balint

Re: Trench

Post by balint »

This would be kinda important.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

No doubt, especially the first one! Man I'm all in on this game :o
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
Azagoge

Trenches

Post by Azagoge »

Similar to the walls, trenches would be able to link up into long lines. Tanks cannot cross them and can barely harm units in them while artillery would still deal normal damage to the units in them since the shells land from above. Any infantry can build a trench but only once a technology linked to it has been researched and each infantry can only make one trench (then it gets taken off that infantry's list of buildings) to avoid massive numbers of them. A flame thrower has additional damage when attacking trenches while other melee units are reduced. Units in the trench do more damage than normal but suffer slow damage (maybe 1HP per turn) while in them due to the terrible boggy and rat infested conditions. no vehicle can enter a trench. The trench (although a hole) has HP but only reduced by explosion attack as it causes the walls to collapse in on it. Such an occurrence kills any unit inside and nothing can be built on that spot any more although any unit can now cross it. Opposing side's trenches can not be built within 2 blocks of a current one.
- Trenches are not owned so once all units have been killed in an enemy trench you can occupy it and reap the rewards
- Two units in the same stretch of trench from opposing sides deal and take normal damage against each other
- When the trench is attacked both the trench and the unit inside take damage but not necessarily the same as each other. (depending on type of unit attacking)

I know this sounds over complicated but I'd only expect a couple of the specialties to be implemented, the rest are just options.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!
Detros

Re: Trenches

Post by Detros »

See this thread about trenches suggested for main AoS.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Does this look like a trench.
Attachments
Trench.png
Trench.png (3.43 KiB) Viewed 5056 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Yes,it looks like trench,but you should make horizontall version,corner version etc.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Detros

Post by Detros »

See this thread about trenches suggested for main AoS. I will try to get to back to it and finish the image idea there.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i thought something similar,
- we can make it look like walls (joining) or a standalone "hole"
- it can be occupied like a TC
- if unit inside than unit inside gets the damage
- if empty then the trench itself is damaged - what should be the hp and armors of it?
- if a unit is inside it egets some + armor buff - how many?
- ithink slots is only 1 should be.

wha do u think?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Endru drew a starter look here (aks me in email for original it is just a re-scaled version)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I wouldn't make the trench destroyable. I'd say it should only by destroyed by the button the controller can use (by buring it, obviously you need to have control to do that).
About armor, I'd say like 3/6...
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Midonik wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:21 pm I wouldn't make the trench destroyable. I'd say it should only by destroyed by the button the controller can use (by buring it, obviously you need to have control to do that).
About armor, I'd say like 3/6...
so trench would be something nice in the game. see the russians and their defense belts from kursk. under no circumstances should they look like walls. I like the pictures you see here.
trenches, like fixed artillery or air defense, should be destructible, but the trenches should also be conquerable. Tanks should have an easy time of crossing them, so they didn't offer any obstacles for tanks. infantry should get a defense bonus and a small attack bonus. you should also be able to place anti-aircraft, artillery and antitank weapons
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good news: i made possiblity to modify the terrain by units eg. engineers or infantry.
so they can form trenches on grass tiles.

and trenches can give additional effects to units on them like extra defense or extra attack.
Yeetbruh

Post by Yeetbruh »

Trenches should definitely slow movement for artillery units
insert quote here
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Life in trenches kinda sucked, as it was cold in the winter, hot in the summer, very wet, and were often infested with rats and other pests, which spreads disease. I say units lose 1 health for every turn they spend in the trench, but this can be offset by having a medic in the trench or medical camp nearby.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Thats not really possible right now.
OLÉ
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

We should first make updates for artillery before this cause they are going to be more useless.
Yeetbruh

Post by Yeetbruh »

Agreed, there accuracy should be improved a bit.
insert quote here
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Since ai doesn't know how to build a network of trenches same like network of walls, how about you can build a trench hub? Trench hub can summon trench around it. A trench can summon another trench for shorter cooldown than the trench hub. Ai knows how to summon things, so they will make a trench system without consideration that perhaps can actually be good.
Trench Related Tech: Trench Sapper= Researched in trench hub. Shorter cooldown for trench
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Since the new added trench is just a decor, I decide to create a trench that maybe could be built. I'll complete all of its parts if it's approve.

Here's my try?

What you say
@Jasondunkel
@Stratego (dev)
Attachments
trench.png
trench.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no need.

decorations already can be "built".

check in AOS.
BrenoHenrique

Post by BrenoHenrique »

the trenches are of no use in the game because units cannot enter it or any of that is just used as walls
AoWW and AoMW graphic designer
Gruppenführer Erwin

Post by Gruppenführer Erwin »

When will we be able to build trenches and put our infantry there? Im excited for it.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

We are still waiting for this..

Its still not buildable
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, i have no time currently... :(
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Ohhh I really like the trench addition now but there are still some problem with it.

One is that it's not cheap. 6 turn to build for rifleman? Building a bridge offers more protection but it only cost 2 turns 2 make. I suggest for it to be available for only 2-3 turn.

Next is it's balance. It offers only 2 armor. For people who knows this game, that's like nothing at all. It should atleast offer protection for the units to have enough defense to block another mg atk. Like for most units to survive one mg atk.

What do you think?

@Stratego (dev)
@Jasondunkel
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I agree. It should provide more protection. We need to be careful when boosting trench stats, so as to not make the bunkers useless.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Shark guy 35 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:17 am I agree. It should provide more protection. We need to be careful when boosting trench stats, so as to not make the bunkers useless.
It's never useless, a bunker can hit even with no unit in it, it's basically a tower already.

Trench is terrain which for now, just slow things.

Return to “Buildings (last cleanup: 20240130)”