Castles

Nonework

Castles

Post by Nonework »

Perhaps for castles we could have a big bunker that produces some kind of long range cannon
Fight strong live long
Alpha

Re: Castles

Post by Alpha »

No, I don't like this idea. Castles should be neutral unbuildable bunkers. Can be occupied
Epic Gamer Moment!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Worker,what? It sounds bad.
Anyway,I think we shouldnt make any megabuldings here. Or mayby somethink like Pentagon?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Sorry! I was typing on my phone.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

WORKER1212 wrote:No, I don't like this idea. Castles should be neutral unbuildable bunkers. Can be occupied

i think you think of TC-s, that case you are right.
but the topic is about mega buildings (like greatcastle, volcano, mansion and so on)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

WORKER1212 wrote:Sorry! I was typing on my phone.
I was mean idea,not gramatic etc. I dont know it engoun to say where are misstakes!

Anyway,about megabuldings: I got a idea. Mayby we make a "wonders". They will give after bulid (should take much more time than megabuldings in AoS and AoF) give a special bonus for player has bulid it. Every nation will got other wonder,like: Germany got Brandenburg gate give all their tanks +5 attack (just a example)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Nonework

Post by Nonework »

Yeah wonders sound great too in that case tho they should also be much more limited than aos and aof such as only being able to build one or maybe one per 3 or 5 Tcs...
Fight strong live long
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Oh yes ofcourse,only ony for player!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

So,do you agrre? If yes,Daniel is it passible?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

we will need normal building as mega buildings.

wonders could be super mega things, and can only build one in one game giving something extra or simply giving a Victory

imho
Nonework

Post by Nonework »

I think something extra would be better than a victory we should stick with the way we have been winning it works well (although a few special capture the flag maps or something could be fun thats a different topic tho) some possible extras +Attack, + defence, + speed, units build 1 turn faster. It would probably make more since to make a certain bonus for each nation but could be fun and more rewarding to let the player choose as well as easier to set up nobody would have to decide what bonus to give each
Fight strong live long
Detros

Post by Detros »

Nonework wrote:I think something extra would be better than a victory we should stick with the way we have been winning it works well (although a few special capture the flag maps or something could be fun thats a different topic tho) some possible extras +Attack, + defence, + speed, units build 1 turn faster. It would probably make more since to make a certain bonus for each nation but could be fun and more rewarding to let the player choose as well as easier to set up nobody would have to decide what bonus to give each
Something like that can be possibly technically done via trigger "when construction finished: give tech to faction" and that bonus tech would not be otherwise researchable. Though that may make this bonus steal-able.
Oohps

Post by Oohps »

WW2 proved the uselessness of castles. They were bombed to scrap. Territories could be defended and used with proper mixes of troops.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We mean kind of megabulding for this game.
Oohps

Post by Oohps »

Every megabuilding open for attack was proven worthless. Maiginot line. North Sea coast. Singapore and so on. Only countries with scattered production means survived. I'm not even sure if it's possible to keep the town concept in this variant of strategy. They should have built in protection against airplanes at least. Only heavy bombers should be able to attack cities without being killed before action.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

German: U-boat Pen, Wolf Lair, Project Riese, Super Guns.
American: Manhattan Project
Azagoge

Post by Azagoge »

Oohps wrote:Every megabuilding open for attack was proven worthless. Maiginot line. North Sea coast. Singapore and so on. Only countries with scattered production means survived. I'm not even sure if it's possible to keep the town concept in this variant of strategy. They should have built in protection against airplanes at least. Only heavy bombers should be able to attack cities without being killed before action.
Yes, airplane protection.
You could have a built in AA Turret In the middle which can't be got any other way.
Could they be shell structures? So if it's a 4x4 size building the middle 4 squares are normal ground where units can stand and shoot out but cannot be shot until wonder is destroyed.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Return to “Buildings (last cleanup: 20240130)”