Lancaster

DreJaDe

Lancaster

Post by DreJaDe »

Lancaster needs a restats

It's simply too costly to even be mass produced.

It's supposed to be the mass produced bomber of the UK in ww2 but with its price, it's simply too costly.

The price should only be 7 turn. We need to remember that this unit is made in the 2nd tech which take 10 turn without interruption to make. With that cost, it makes it more costly than a the strongest battleship Yamato.

It's speed is also slow so I don't see why it is in 9 turns
Shark guy 35

Re: Lancaster

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I agree, I was surprised to see how expensive it was.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
NurKaiser

Post by NurKaiser »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:09 am Lancaster needs a restats

It's simply too costly to even be mass produced.

It's supposed to be the mass produced bomber of the UK in ww2 but with its price, it's simply too costly.

The price should only be 7 turn. We need to remember that this unit is made in the 2nd tech which take 10 turn without interruption to make. With that cost, it makes it more costly than a the strongest battleship Yamato.

It's speed is also slow so I don't see why it is in 9 turns
lol, but it has at most same damage with B-29 superfortress that can just oneshot a megabuilding, so I'm against decreasing it's cost
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

if we start to consider mass production then some units would have to become much cheaper. e.g. the russian T-34 tank. it would cost only 2 rounds of production

for what the lencester can do and compared to the other aeroplane bombers the price of 9 rounds fits
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:57 pm if we start to consider mass production then some units would have to become much cheaper. e.g. the russian T-34 tank. it would cost only 2 rounds of production

for what the lencester can do and compared to the other aeroplane bombers the price of 9 rounds fits
Wrong analogy though

If you want to talk about t34 then actually, t34 is OP when it became available. They are fast, have a good damage and health that they have a good survivability over their destroyed rate in game. Mass production is already available for t34. But that's not the problem.

The problem is the Lancaster being so costly.

We don't need that much damage, that's why I said, it needs a restats. A restats that could enable it at 7 turns. Like I already said, it's stats is not enough to fit the 9 turns. The damage won't cut it if it won't even survive the travel. Unlike the Ju88 which is so OP for it's costs, Lancaster is simply too costly.

Ju88 have 7speed, enough damage to 1 hit building and hp to survive 2 hits of AA. That stats has a costs of 6

While Lancaster have only 6 speed and survive 3 hits of AA with the cost of 9? I could understand the balance for it's damage being so high but that simply no use. We don't need that much damage to buildings. It doesn't need to even counter ships for that is the role of other ships, and maybe later for carrier planes.

And if you just look at the German seaplane, you could see that it's nothing compared to that seaplanes stats

It's like how soyuz BS have a clearly so much lower stats than Yamato but their on the same training rate.

If I'm not clear then I would make it more clear.

What I want is just to lower it's damage to be able to be a 7 turn bomber like maybe cut it's damage to half.

Obviously, there are other planes with this same issue but I don't know them so I can't bring them up.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

i have to disagree with you about mass production, if it goes that way the b17 has to be produced much faster. or in the final sum of the war it was almost twice as much
so the argument of mass production cannot count.

it may be that you want the bomb power to be reduced. but wiki gives us a bomb weight that gives us a certain value

and the lencester is just slower than the ju 88

so there will be no production of 7 rounds but 8 rounds would be okay and the vickers welington can get the production of 6 rounds
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:49 pm i have to disagree with you about mass production, if it goes that way the b17 has to be produced much faster. or in the final sum of the war it was almost twice as much
so the argument of mass production cannot count.

it may be that you want the bomb power to be reduced. but wiki gives us a bomb weight that gives us a certain value

and the lencester is just slower than the ju 88

so there will be no production of 7 rounds but 8 rounds would be okay and the vickers welington can get the production of 6 rounds
I could agree with that balance but there is still something wrong in your argument.

Why b17 is a good 8 turn unit is because it has a pretty good balance back in the last updates where bombers have a good counterattack. For b17 it has enough counter to defeat fighters, it also have a good damage, good speed and health thus it's a good 8 turn plane.

That plane could be mass produced because of that quality.

Bomb weight could be argued because they won't really fill the bomber plane's weight capacity. That would just make it so slow like how Russian bombers are balanced. Vickers Wellington already fit that role for the UK and further having another one is just not good.

If you still read this, why isn't the 2x counter attack of bombers removed?
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

i would like to return to the first strike in a simple version ( 1x ). but not against jet aircraft. due to their high speed the first strike should not work

hope this will be available again in the next updates
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 pm i would like to return to the first strike in a simple version ( 1x ). but not against jet aircraft. due to their high speed the first strike should not work

hope this will be available again in the next updates
Wait, but aren't the Jets need to level their speed with the bomber to hit it?

And they only really use their speed to chase their enemy and not really for fighting since when they are on dog fights speed make their turning ability poorer.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

the germans, who were the only ones to use a jet plane, have changed their tactics.

they approached their enemies, if it a bombers or fighters, simply at high speed, fired at the enemy a few times and then flew away again at that speed

that's what the germans experienced because when they did a dogfight they were only as good as the normal plans

there are some original recordings on youtube where you can see this tactic
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

@DreJaDe
it is ok now?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:44 pm @DreJaDe
it is ok now?
Not sure but... No one will use lancaster bomber with how the game works...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:36 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:44 pm @DreJaDe
it is ok now?
Not sure but... No one will use lancaster bomber with how the game works...
ok, i meant do we need this topic open and make some change.
or this one can be closed

Return to “Planes (last cleanup: 20240130)”