Planes vs ships

DreJaDe

Planes vs ships

Post by DreJaDe »

Planes are weak against ships.

I mean, they should but in this game. One plane unit is a whole squadron if I'm not wrong and the damage of the bombers and fighter bombers are lacking that Aircraft carrier vs other ships isn't even remotely close to how it works IRL. (Don't take what I said literally)

What I want is for fighter bomber (or we could have other type of bombers such as dive bombers or torpedo bomber) to atleast have damage that could cause a problem to ships unlike the current one.

This could also remove the need for heavy bombers being able to be carried by aircraft carriers.
NurKaiser

Re: Planes vs ships

Post by NurKaiser »

DreJaDe wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am Planes are weak against ships.

I mean, they should but in this game. One plane unit is a whole squadron if I'm not wrong and the damage of the bombers and fighter bombers are lacking that Aircraft carrier vs other ships isn't even remotely close to how it works IRL. (Don't take what I said literally)

What I want is for fighter bomber (or we could have other type of bombers such as dive bombers or torpedo bomber) to atleast have damage that could cause a problem to ships unlike the current one.

This could also remove the need for heavy bombers being able to be carried by aircraft carriers.
I don't know about most of planes, but BV238 is good against ships (it can even sunk one Yamato)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

NurKaiser wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:42 am

I don't know about most of planes, but BV238 is good against ships (it can even sunk one Yamato)
Even swordfish can down battleships. Or atleast IRL, why not for this game?

That's what I'm saying.
NurKaiser

Post by NurKaiser »

DreJaDe wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:55 am
NurKaiser wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:42 am

One bv238 is enought to sunk down unsupported Yamato
Even swordfish can down battleships. Or atleast IRL, why not for this game?

That's what I'm saying.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

we are still voting on the bonuses
in addition, torpedo planes should come into play more often, and torpedoes should get better values there
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Depending on the ship, it might take a few hits to sink it, but that's assuming that 1 plane ingame equals 1 plane statistically.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

@DreJaDe is it ok now?

Return to “Planes (last cleanup: 20240130)”