Reinstate Yamato range of 7 OLD_TOPIC

Dahdee

Reinstate Yamato range of 7 OLD_TOPIC

Post by Dahdee »

Yamato range stats should return to 7. It could fire it's guns just over 40km. Unless I'm missing something, and it is possible, I do not see any of the other battleships represented in the game capable of achieving that. Yamato was the most powerful thing to ever hit the ocean until the advent of subs capable of firing nuclear ballistic missiles.
DreJaDe

Re: Reinstate Yamato range of 7

Post by DreJaDe »

Two French battleships have 40+km firing range.
Richelieu have a maximum faring range of 41km
Dunkerque class have maximum 41 km also

The Italian battleship also have 40+km range
Littorio have a maximum 42km range

Iowa have a close one with 39km range
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Thank you for pointing out the other battleships in game that can exceed Yamato's range. I stand corrected in my statement that no others could outrange it. Now, that being said, a couple of questions. Do you think Yamato's range should be equal to others with lesser range? You stated in global chat that it did not have very good targeting. As this may be the case, that does not diminsh the fact that it COULD shoot over 40 km. Now, the second question would be, why would the French and Italian battleships mentioned, likewise not have their proper range represented in game, when there are already balancing issues with those nations in regard to their other substandard and obsolete battle units? It would seem to be a logical step to make the units that truly had a real world superiority over units of other nations represent as such for balancing purposes. (If that's for another discussion, let's open one.)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I actually agree that they should have 7 ranges.

I'm not too sure what I said about it last time though.

In all honesty, my idea for the battleships is to make them have their old ranges back like 10 for Yamato but it's way too OP. This though would be balanced if we add a high miss chance to them and just add an ability with 5-7 range that would be the accurate range fire.

This way, we could show better their real ranges but is not completely OP like IRL.

I remember when we have 9 range Bismarck and 6 range King George (a mistake), it's still fine because the moment King George close in. It became an equal fight. Until the Yamato came and destroyed that.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

That 10 range...whoa. I would agree with what you said about changing miss chance to make it more representative. I also agree there needs to be a balance so nothing is too OP, although IRL Yamato was OP. It would seem a reasonable answer to keep them from being too OP because of outrageous range would be, as you said, to adjust miss chance. Giving the 40+ km range units range of 7 would be fair. The French and Italian guns were much smaller, so the fact they may have better range would be represented by them achieving a higher hit rate with less damage than devastating hits at a SLIGHTLY lower rate from Yamato. It would still represent Yamato as the superior weapon.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

The reason I say slightly is at any range other than your very long ranges they are not going to have a large miss chance. I'm not sure how that can be achieved to only matter at long range, but targeting at close and medium ranges should not be as difficult for any of the units as a shot at the extreme limit of their range.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

I'm not real familiar with what can and cannot be done in regard to changes in developer version, as I do not have that. Is it possible to adjust miss chance like that? If not, any other ideas that would compensate for the difference between firing close and far?
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Sorry, I missed what you said about ability at closer range to affect more accuracy. I think it's a great idea.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:50 am I actually agree that they should have 7 ranges.

I'm not too sure what I said about it last time though.

In all honesty, my idea for the battleships is to make them have their old ranges back like 10 for Yamato but it's way too OP. This though would be balanced if we add a high miss chance to them and just add an ability with 5-7 range that would be the accurate range fire.

This way, we could show better their real ranges but is not completely OP like IRL.

I remember when we have 9 range Bismarck and 6 range King George (a mistake), it's still fine because the moment King George close in. It became an equal fight. Until the Yamato came and destroyed that.
it was once stipulated by stratego that the range of the artillery should not be further than 6. our maps are of different sizes, but no matter what size the map is, the 6 tiles almost always reach more than 40 km, some of which we shoot with the tiles ourselves more than several 100km
the yamamoto was simply forgotten

drejade stratego has already answered you on this topic with the probability.

He doesn't like this thing and he really didn't intend to bring it up.

Above all, we would then have to let the normal artillery shoot with more tile range, which would then mean, for example with the map of Europe, that you then shoot from London with the artillery at Paris

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”