Soviet partisans - rework

TrueSlav

Soviet partisans - rework

Post by TrueSlav »

From what I have seen, the partisans we have in the game are nothing other than punching bags for the Germans, no one will ever use them on their own will. Yet they have a lot of potential.
e.g. we can give them Molotov cocktails as a skill, give them slightly more HP, more damage, stealth, the ability to stop production but also a higher cost (3 turns)
And maybe even the possibility of replacing their Molotov cocktail throwing skill for a PTRD shot (via upgrade) which will deal damage to light and medium armored vehicles.
Support the new project set in the 1850s to the 1930s.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
https://discord.gg/BwnPATZtfr
Harchie Hirondo

Re: Soviet partisans - rework

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

You mean the Russian partisans? They are actually stealth in forests. (I will remove the forest camouflage temporarily since dev cannot make it tech dependent for the mean time). They can also saboutage productions already. Okay, we can try adding grenade based abilities for them.
They are map-editor only units anyways, so why should they be stronger. They are also 1 turn cost.
The war is inevitable! But what if....
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

Harchie Hirondo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:17 pm You mean the Russian partisans? They are actually stealth in forests. (I will remove the forest camouflage temporarily since dev cannot make it tech dependent for the mean time). They can also saboutage productions already. Okay, we can try adding grenade based abilities for them.
They are map-editor only units anyways, so why should they be stronger. They are also 1 turn cost.
When I was writing this theme, I meant allowing the Soviet player to produce the partisans as a unique unit in cities. Maybe you know what they look like in Company of heroes 2? Because that's where my inspiration comes from.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Ohhh, okay... If that's the case, other partisan forces will also need to be produced too, uniquely by one nation.
The war is inevitable! But what if....
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

Harchie Hirondo wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:47 pm Ohhh, okay... If that's the case, other partisan forces will also need to be produced too, uniquely by one nation.
Among all the nations available in the game, only the USSR had such organized and coordinated partisan forces for them to be considered as units, and therefore I think that they should be available only to Soviet players.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:

Return to “Infantry (last cleanup: 20240130)”