Restructuring of building units and adding more builder units

IRONBLASTER36

Restructuring of building units and adding more builder units

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Urss2004 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:57 pm Hi, this is my first topic.
I think about those three soldiers:
Light tank crew
-cost=2 turn
Medium tank crew
-cost=4 turn
Heavy tank crew
-cost=6 turn
Super heavy tank crew
-cost=8 turn

All of them have:
Hp=30(USA and Germany), 40 (Russia)
Speed=3
Attack power=0
Armor=0
Expl. Armor=0
Those units can repair tanks, and they give a bonus to their class tank (Light tank crew give a +2 attack and +1 speed on accident terrain only to light tank, ecc.).
Well nice idea but I think making 3 different individual units will make it very complicated, rather let's just keep one unit i.e. "Tank crew"
With some pistol with them, well they did have that with them. Here are the following specs (mostly same as Yours with slight modification)
Cost=1 Turn (I know that it's against the guidelines but what if the players tank crew dies, he/she will need them immidiately, or else there tank would be absolute junk, anyways this unit is not more useful for fighting with other infantry, except against anti-tank infantry. This will help the player if his/her tank is surrounded by such units it wants to get in the tank, still it won't cause much of damage)
Hp=20(all countries), 28 (Russia, Germany, USA) [They are not supposed to fight in war like other infantry, it's just for their protection)
Speed=3
Attack power=4 (they have pistols)
Armor=0
Expl. Armor=0
Action: 1 attack every turn and 1 repair every 2 turns. (Since they don't have lot of repairing supply with them compared to engineers (assumptions since they are only used for building and repairing))
Attack Bonus: 50% Infantry. AT Rifle: 100%
Repairing power: base-6 for all. (note: they cannot build buildings, except Caltrops.)
Repair bonus:Tanks light: 400% Tanks Medium: 300% Tanks Heavy: 75%. Vehicle Non-combat: 150% Planes:40% (Please make riflemen repairing power for planes between 1-3, since planes were hard and very complex to repair by people other than the ground crew, well I'll start another topic for creation of a new unit for that) buildings:20% (that's not their field of expertise).

Concept: Please make such mechanics that if a tank crew unit is not present in the tank, the tank won't work. You need them present in the tank to make the tank move or attack. And only one unit can occupy inside, i.e. Tank crew. No other infantry can enter. Carry capacity of tanks=1. Normal "Tank crew" play on the default tank's stat and elite tank crew gives 20% attack boost and 10% HP boost. I was also thinking of +1 sight but it may cause problem in game balancing or maybe it can work but first we'll work on the base concept.
And then we'll have another unit called "Elite Tank crew"
Specs are as follow:
Cost= 3 Turns
HP= 30 (all countries), 38(Russia and US)
Speed=4 (land), 2 (water, for amphibious tanks)
Attack power=8 (they'll have SMG or Machine guns, their attacks are given respectively)
Armour=0
Expl. Armour=0
Action=1 attack per turn and 1 repair per 2 turns (note in both units, on the second turn they should get both attack and repair action)
Attack Bonus= infantry=75%, AT Rifle/panzergrenadier=180%, Bazooka/panzerschreck=100%, Non-combat vehicle=25%, Machine guns=125%(if SMG is finalised).
Repair power= 9
Repair bonus=Light tanks=650%, Medium Tanks= 500%, Heavy Tank=150%, vehicle non-combat=200%, Planes=70%, Building=45%.

I think as it is a new concept and to not make it very complicated we can give one "Tank crew"(normal) loaded in it by default. And to train them another producing building called "Builder Barracks", specs are as follow:
Hp=35
Speed=3
Sight=3
Attack power=0
Heals itself= at the rate of 3hp if damaged (since it is builder troops producing, maybe the professors can do some work, lol ;) )
Produces: Engineers, Tank Crew, Elite Tank Crew, Ground Crew (for planes I'll add it's detail below), Navy Crew(for ships, any suggestion for better name?)

Ground Crew (for Planes): It'll repair planes very efficiently compared to other units. Repairing planes is it's speciality. Category:Builder unit. The specs are as follows:
Cost:3/4 (we can open a discussion on it below)
Hp=25
Speed=3
Sight=5 (since it's a unit for repairing planes, but I guess it won't be necessary, cause Planes already have a lot of sight, so maybe we keep it to 3 only, but anyways we can discuss)
Attack bonus= none, since no attack
Repair/build power= 7
Repair bonus= Tanks light=60%, Tanks medium=15%, Vehicle non-combat=150%, Planes=250%, Buildings=30%

Navy Engineer: They mainly work on/in ships. Remember how aircraft carriers can repair itself. But to add more realism, we can add 2 more carrying capacity in it, in which you can add this unit as default and also a ground crew for planes. It will feel very real, plus you can also add a permanent at least photo in shipyards, and state it as fixed navy engineer. At least for name sake it will look very real (I'll upload that later, I'm short of time). Following are it's specs:
Cost: 3/4 turns
HP=25
Attack Power=0
Speed=3 (land), 1 (water)
Sight=4
Attack bonus=none
Repair/build power=5
Repair bonus=transport Ships=400%, Cruiser=2000%, Ship Destroyer= 950%, Uboat=500%, Battleship=4500%, Aircraft Carrier=4800%

That's all I can write for today sorry I'm running short of time, will add on other things later including balancing riflemen and engineers. well it'll take a lot of work for dev, but I can guarantee that this will enhance the gameplay experience by at least a factor of 10. I suggest that if you were to implement this, you should give a testing version copy to To limited trusted users.. We should first test this on beta, this changes the game mechanics, so if published on playstore without enough testing and work will be a huge turn down and will destroy the players gameplay. Anyways what do you think about this dev (I dunno how to tag)? I'll create a new topic too. Note this is not a completely written post, I'll upload the latter part tomorrow. Any querries are welcomed. Note the core idea of tank crew is by User:Urss2004 while have heavily modified that idea! Rest all are my own original ideas, well has there been any idea like this before? Thanks Urss2004 you made my brain overflow with ideas! Have a great Day!

Note:I've copy pasted this from Urss2004's topic tank crew.
IRONBLASTER36

Restructuring of building units and adding more builder units (cont..)

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Well I've also decided to restructure stats and abilities of existing units.
1. Engineer: let hp and other stats be same. Engineer would be specially be a effective on buildings. They have an advantage of creating buildings. Following are the are the new specs:
Mend rate= 5
Mend bonus= 600% buildings, 2900%, Mega building, 100% Light tank, Medium tank 0%, Heavy tank -20%, -70% Planes, (yet to decide about ships, suggest your ideas below, I want them to bebit effective)

2.Riflemen: let all other war stats be the same. We'll reduce their mend rate (and low mend bonus too). Keep in mind they are no engineers and that wasn't even their work but they were taught some basics, well additional during WW2 they were taught some basics to repair tanks. Following are the specs to be changed:
Mend Rate: 2
Mend Bonus: Fixed AT and Artillery= 0% (again they are no engineers, Fixed ATs and Artilleries were complex), Caltrops=700%, Sandbag Bunker= 100%, Land Mines=400%. Light Tanks=200%
Midonik

Re: Restructuring of building units and adding more builder units

Post by Midonik »

I don't think an unit can have a mend bonus towards an certain type of unit. "Mend bonus" means how much of bonus to mend rate is added when an unit mend the unit with mend bonus, and it's the same for all units. So that would require Stratego's coding.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Midonik wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:17 pm I don't think an unit can have a mend bonus towards an certain type of unit. "Mend bonus" means how much of bonus to mend rate is added when an unit mend the unit with mend bonus, and it's the same for all units. So that would require Stratego's coding.
Yep, I know that, he'll need to code that. But this will create a more stronger element of realism. Yes this would be a bit complex but it will be something unique. We'll need to balance them all, so we'll need to launch a limited beta versions to some player. (maybe limit of 50 players, or whatever you thinks maybe effective) We'll especially invite our active forumers eg: Ayush Tiwari, You, Patroid, etc. Well the most hard part would be the tank crew one. Maybe we can do that later, till then we can increase engineers mend bonus for tank. The most complex would be tank crew system, well this too would be very unique. No other ww strategy game has such system/mechanics, it would work as a promo. But that would be hard to code, here's my syntax (it would actually depend on the way he has programmed the whole game, but this how it's outline would be):

If "Tank crew" and Obj-Tank location is equal(same)
Then
Tank=enable
Else
Tank=Disable.

For elite the same, plus adding the bonus it gives to hp and attk power (plus I was thinking of increasing sight by 1, we can discuss that later though)
This would be the outline of the script and I guess he can apply the same mechanics as of attack and attack bonus. It would be comparatively easier than the crew thing plus we have a working model of such kind of mechanism (i.e. attack and it's bonus). The only part time consuming would be to assign bonus to different per unit but the main problems can be occuring of bugs. So we'll need to test that. Our aim would be to release the new mechanism with no bugs (that's hard to say but at least, full proof enough for bugs to occur rarely). Releasing an unfinished product (mechanism) can cause bad publicity (dropping of stars at playstore, which itself acts like a promotion) and history has proven that. Eg: Assassin's Creed Unity (biggest one, though the game, they went in hurry of releasing, which lead to tremendous amounts of bugs and first impression is the last impression, it's sale didn't perform well, though they later fixed all of em).

Moreover this mechanism can work in our other games too, especially our upcoming games (there's not much we can do in AOS and AOF, but we can implement a bit of it and then put some annotations in them about this mechanism came from AOWW and add there is more if this in AOWW. This will generate curiosity in other users, leading to effective promotion of AOWW, plus why don't we make trailers of our game, I can make but I'll need a PC version of this game, I mean I can work better on that, I'll create a raw videos on windows and then export it to my mac and work on imovies (believe me it's a great FREE software but it's only for apple products, if you have we can collab too, plus we won't have any watermarks of the software use and we won't have to pay for that). What's your say? And yeah plz can you work on the unit DUKW, I've created that topic, stratego has asked for creating it's image but well I dunno how to make that(can anyone teach me how to create em on Pixly, any tutorials?), well here's the link- http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=7402.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

@DreJaDe @Jasondunkel is here any idea we should keep open?

Return to “Infantry (last cleanup: 20240130)”