Uniform colors / unit colors - No NATION COLORS ANYMORE!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Uniform colors / unit colors - No NATION COLORS ANYMORE!

Post by Stratego (dev) »

THI IS DECIDEED ALREADY: NO NATION COLORS ANYMORE!

Currently in game all nations have their own uniform colors for better differentiating whiich player has those units
it is on all units so like ships, tanks, planes, infantry.

Drejade sent us very nice reskin images but they dont have these differentiation, meaning during playing the units are harder to know which is yours and which is the opponent's units.

If we are about to remove the current national coloring than we need to
- make all other units change its uniform coloring to real paint colorings (ships/planes/tanks)
- change the engine so that unit tiles being colored based on teamcoloring - or any similar solution so players see the unit owners:drawback is that the whole map would look like pink/green spots on each occupied tiles -> ruining the "natural" look of the terrain and maps
- ALTERNATIVELY: we can drasically increase the teamcolored parts on unit images eg. full legs being teamcolored, or whole uniform (but that would ruin units look...
- OR ALTERNATIVELY: please suggest other way to show unit owner player a way that nit ruins appearance
(also this change would affect all alternatives)
).

so please give me your thoughts what would you suggest
a) forget the current nation coloring. todo:
-> graphics: making all other units lose its national coloring,
-> coding: making a teamcoloring button to show ownership (and maybe by deafult turned on)
b) keepin the current national colors. todo:
-> graphics: the new infantry colors should be adjusted to have those uniform colors
DreJaDe

Re: Uniform colors / unit colors

Post by DreJaDe »

Honestly I don't think it would be that hard to recognize)
I made this units in consideration of being able to recognize them from a far and having big enough team color (besides Soviets) to be easily seen.

(But I think after I'm done with all faction reskin, I might be able to easily recolor then to their in game theme colors.)
Attachments
UK_Rifleman.png
UK_Rifleman.png (1.05 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Rus_rifleman.png
Rus_rifleman.png (884 Bytes) Viewed 398 times
US_Rifleman.png
US_Rifleman.png (1.04 KiB) Viewed 398 times
fr_rifleman.png
fr_rifleman.png (1.09 KiB) Viewed 398 times
JP_Rifleman.png
JP_Rifleman.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I don't think it would be that hard to recognize
acutally only Russian is differing enough in theme color to easier distinguish, the others look very similar in a zoom-out case (i mean by the default zoom of the game)
I might be able to easily recolor then to their in game theme colors
awesome! thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I am about to forget this "forced" nation-coloring of units, so we can have more historically accurate appearances.

so i say from now no need to "nation-color" unit images (as most skins already have various (realistic) colors)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:56 am I am about to forget this "forced" nation-coloring of units, so we can have more historically accurate appearances.

so i say from now no need to "nation-color" unit images (as most skins already have various (realistic) colors)
If this is so then I think I have posted their more realistic color here in the forum already...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:03 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:56 am I am about to forget this "forced" nation-coloring of units, so we can have more historically accurate appearances.

If this is so then I think I have posted their more realistic color here in the forum already...
where? please helpo me find -thanks!

Return to “Infantry (last cleanup: 20240130)”