Units with different tile size - IMPLEMENTED

Longinus

Units with different tile size - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Longinus »

Dev Daniel told me that new units with different tile sizes (e.g. 2x1, 2x2, 1x2, etc.) are being developed.

My ideas if considered:

1) Training Camp (4x4, structure)-Units stationed inside this structure for a few turns will have an improved stats. The longer the unit stays, the better the stats. Unit capacity is up to 4.
2) Giant Crossbow (4x4, structure)-functions similar to towers but higher damage and low range. Can't attack aerial troops.
3) Ballista (2x1, structure)-functions similar to Giant Crossbow but lower damage, higher range (upto 12), and very effective on flying units.
4) Catapulta (2x1, structure)-similar to ballista but more powerful and effective against heavy armored infantry units (Specifically swordsmen, templars, and hoplites). Has also decent range.
5) Carroballista (2x1, unit)-cart-mounted ballista. Lower power and range. Has decent movement. Effective against heavy armored and aerial units.

For now that is it.

P.S. whoever requested for the Chariot, it was difficult to make a long unit in one tile. Until this multi-tile unit is implemented, Chariot can be made easily.
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Units with different tile size

Post by Stratego (dev) »

for the 2x1 thoughts (eg. chariot) : i have no idea how they will move, it will be weird if it can go tru an 1 tile walley betw. 2 hills horizontally, but it can not vertically.
(this is no problem on structures since they are stationary)

any ideas on that?
Longinus

Re: Units with different tile size

Post by Longinus »

Guess you're right.. it is thus weird... how about rotating images..? If a 2x1 unit goes up, the unit sprite changes into a 1x2 tile with a diferent sprite art.

how will the user do that, which of the 2 tile gets used/selected?
i mean this:

was like this:
and moves up than will be this way:
or this way(so on the second original tile - there is a space before that :)):

so i think it looks/usable weird again...

----------------
However an other advancement is also coming with it: overlapping: so if a 4x4 castle is placed it can be configured that it will be only 2x1 at basis and other units can go behind the castle and step on the other 2 tiles and the castle's tower can cover them.

other example: if a ballista has its throwing bar/rod so long that is longer than its base tiles (eg. 2x1) than no problem it can be a 4x4 icon with the option to other units go behind the long throwing bar/rod - so the unit will truly be "behind" the catapult

i hope you understand my poor english :)
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk

Return to “IMPLEMENTED - Redesigns”