Multiplayer - Play for your Allie on skip/kick IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
mickmackmike

Multiplayer - Play for your Allie on skip/kick IMPLEMENTED

Post by mickmackmike »

Options

* when your Ally Multiplayer withdraws, you are given the option to take over his army.

* When your Allie is late playing there turn you are given the option of playing his turn skip or kick
or when your Allie is late playing there turn you are given another equivalent period to play the turn.

Part of the problem is there is no penalty to shield if you withdraw.
You play the highest shield level games and still we get people quitting, and if you have then 5 good players left on a 2vs2vs 1.5 the game is a foregone conclusion.

Michael.
----
3M - ( Mike M )
godOfKings

Re: Multiplayer - Play for your Allie when they are on skip/

Post by godOfKings »

This is a GREAT idea :)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But some evil players are always hunting for skips and would skip u if u r 24 hr + 1 min late :lol:

So at the end of the day it would b a race against time between the most active players lol :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
mickmackmike

Post by mickmackmike »

No because one option is that.."when your Allie is late playing there turn you are given another equivalent period to play the turn. "
----
3M - ( Mike M )
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Would that turn start from when the first 24 hrs limit is over? So then there would b at most 2 days limit before the player's turn is skipped? Yes that also works well

Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I've often wanted this. It would help a lot when dealing with inactive players.

Try this
When turn time limit expires, allies are given half the time to choose to skip that player and take​ their turn for them. If a player is kicked, the kicking player (if allied) is prompted if they want to take​ over. If they choose not to, or an enemy does the kicking, each allied player is asked on their turn to take over until someone​ agrees or the ai is given the slot.

Skips for not taking someone else's turn count towards your badge. If you are kicked from one slot, you are kicked for all slots you play in a game.
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i mcan make it that any kicking or witdrawing will give all its assets (units and TCs) to a living human ally randomly.
shall i?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes that is great too, but in this case player will b skipped first and that will waste a turn....

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b do both, while skipping ally will b given half the time to play player's turn, and while kicking random ally gets player's assets

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote:May b do both, while skipping ally will b given half the time to play player's turn, and while kicking random ally gets player's assets
ok but what i suggested is 20 minutes of implementation, yours is 1-2 days (with slight exaggeration) :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If it was implemented sooner u wouldn't have lost to me that easily right stratego? :lol:

When u get free time let's have another team battle with this new feature, but for now it can wait as I m currently unreliable lvl 1
(Seriously?) :cry: so I will b working hard to get back my badge now while I guess u will b busy implementing all the new units and Techs

Sunrise Samurai

Stratego (dev) wrote:i mcan make it that any kicking or witdrawing will give all its assets (units and TCs) to a living human ally randomly.
shall i?
Please do. My only question is will that ally be able to produce units of said race/nation in AoF/AoWW? Otherwise, an orc player getting handed several elf archery buildings will find them rather useless, and better off left to an ai.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that is a good point, you will be able to use only tcs...
Sunrise Samurai

Maybe assign the slot to a random allied human, who then just gets one turn with each army in a given round?

Mass convert to an ally is the best solution in AoS though. Simple, clean, and effective. This is one area the games are better off diverging.
Sunrise Samurai

Alternative idea:
Unit gifting

A player can designate units they control as available for allies to select and convert with the press of a button. Units converted this way automatically end their turn, so it can't be used to double up on moves and attacks. Mostly, this could be useful to give allies a place in your base. Ai units are always available for allied takeover, so kicked players can be divided up as their allies see fit.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

all other ideas a very complicate to make.

i think it is ok to have every unit, even from diff. race -> you can rumble the unwanted buildings and build new ones 4 yourself.
Sunrise Samurai

Okay then. It's probably better than ai control no matter how you do it anyway.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok. it is in in dev v ersion (in all games), please test it with private multiplayer games
and please confirm me if it is working

(remark: however on testing i have faced again the "withdraw" bug we have when u have AI-s in game and u withdraw but other players see it is still your turn - but that is not related to this change, this is an old bug - also now i spent 2 hours debugging and seems during debugging it is working fine... will be hard to fix then.)

it works for kicking and for resigning too uos already
mickmackmike

Re: Multiplayer - Play for your Allie on skip/kick IMPLEMENT

Post by mickmackmike »

Thx stratego... for the implementation. ... Havent experienced it in multiplay yet but reading the above one possible implementation is for take over all tcs and buildings but the players pieces still play AI....
----
3M - ( Mike M )
Patrol3110

Post by Patrol3110 »

Can you add the same thing if an ally surrenders, Im in a game 2v1 because my ally left while he still had a lot of tc's. thx in advance
I can bet you don't know who I am.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

but it works already.. isnt it?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

in our game it worked well.
All forces my ally had after his surrender became mine.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Patrol3110

Post by Patrol3110 »

ok, idk then. It didnt work for me and the person surrendered a week or 2 ago, it probably was only a slight bug.
I can bet you don't know who I am.

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”