How about a new kind of multiplayer?

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
Louis

How about a new kind of multiplayer?

Post by Louis »

I was thinking how about making a new kind of multiplayer game like instead of having it turn based how about having it so you get enough players and just start. So like everyone can go at the same time....in other words make it so you can move your units freely across the map. And since it won't have turns it would have to be made time based so there would be a way to determine how long it would take to make units. So my suggestion to the problem is this: when you launch the map you set the time to a certain amount for instance say 10 seconds and so then each turn will take ten seconds to go (this is for determining how long it takes to make units). Another thing is the squares would have to be changed....my idea would be to make each square much larger so multiple units can fit in each one. The units would obviously be moving across the map like this instead of each square at a time so that brings up how fast each unit moves. A way to do that could be to make it so each unit takes say 10 seconds ( if that's what the time is set to) to move over the number of squares it normally moves in a turn. Of course that means some units like a knight for instance would be able to ride across 5 squares in that ten seconds where as a swordsman could only move 3. I know it's a little complicated and confusing but I think the rest of the details could be worked out.... maybe. Also you could still leave the regular turn based kind in there and just have this as optional. But I really think if this all could be done it would really make multiplayer come alive. I read most of the forums and I didn't find this idea anywhere so I hope I'm not just repeating something lol. If anybody has any ideas of how to improve this one please speak up haha.
Louis

Re: How about a new kind of multiplayer?

Post by Louis »

Oops I just noticed that this idea is similar to another one lol.... I hope it isn't too similar and sorry if it is lol I'm still new to this....
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Louis wrote:Oops I just noticed that this idea is similar to another one lol.... I hope it isn't too similar and sorry if it is lol I'm still new to this....
Hi glad to meet you on the forum! Looks like a pretty cool idea - but if there is a repeat post can you show me the link so that I can merge the posts?
Thanks!
Josh
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I think his target was live gameplay, like in Age of Empires
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Well the one that was kind of similar is the one posted by LordOfAles called live multiplayer.....it isn't quite the same but it is rather similar. And nice to meet you too lol this is the first time I ever really did anything on the forums so please let me know if I do something wrong haha.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Yes I guess you could sort of describe it as live game play but of course there would be the problem of determining how fast units could travel and how fast they are built....so that's why I tried to describe it but I don't really know how hard it would be to make this. Though it would definitely be totally awesome if it can be done.☺
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Emojis work here⁉

The main idea was posted in AoWw, on "other" subtopic.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4762
Posted by Belfry.
OLÉ
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Louis wrote:Yes I guess you could sort of describe it as live game play but of course there would be the problem of determining how fast units could travel and how fast they are built....so that's why I tried to describe it but I don't really know how hard it would be to make this. Though it would definitely be totally awesome if it can be done.☺
I would go ahead and merge the topic because it is so similar, but you are right Louis! There was not enough information there, so thank you for explaining it better! Also, it is in AoWW not AoS, so I think it is good to have it in this game too. I will just move it to the right topic folder.

You're doing great btw! Thanks for contributing - we love new ideas and members on the forum :)

Thank you too Puss_in_Boots for the link! :mrgreen:
Thanks!
Josh
Louis

Post by Louis »

Hey thanks! I'm glad to help if I can. :)
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Like the idea! this sound a lot like my post. like a real time strategy.

my post : viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4762
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Was your idea for AoS or AoWW?
Thanks!
Josh
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Age of world war. so aoww
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay!

It's a cool idea.

It will probably be implemented about the same time as the AoS version
Thanks!
Josh
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Now that is a word of encouragement!

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”