"board wargame" multiplayer

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
Keshanius

"board wargame" multiplayer

Post by Keshanius »

There is a problem in current aos multiplayer games: to start fighting players have to spend a lot of turns (while each turn can last a day) to occupy cities, create buildings and train units. Moreover, the result of the game often depends on the city-occupying phase. To avoid this problem I suggest a new (additional) multiplayer mode: skirmish map without cities, each player has an amount of "turns" (e.g. 300 or 500) to "buy" units (not buildings except walls and gates) and a part of the map where (s)he can arrange the army (like in the map editor). I think it will make multiplayer games more dynamic and balanced (and create some bias towards tactics from strategy).
b2198

Re: "board wargame" multiplayer

Post by b2198 »

That could be a fun mode to play. How would researches work, though?
Keshanius wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:26 am There is a problem in current aos multiplayer games: to start fighting players have to spend a lot of turns (while each turn can last a day) to occupy cities, create buildings and train units.
I don't think that's a problem by itself. A bunch of people enjoy the slower games and early TC capture skirmishes.
Keshanius wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:26 am Moreover, the result of the game often depends on the city-occupying phase.
Also, in the not-that-near future, there might be a possibility to make the city-occupying phase more localized for each player, with less or even no cities in contested areas of the map, but I can't guarantee that right now.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
makazuwr32

Re: "board wargame" multiplayer

Post by makazuwr32 »

You can simply make your own preset multiplayer map.

In aof i made one map where both sides of duel have access to 20 tcs and numerous of other structures right from the very first turn. No tcs outside of those are presented on the map so "occupation" stage is not existing.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”