Civilisation style build ur own tc!

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
godOfKings

Civilisation style build ur own tc!

Post by godOfKings »

Basically instead of randomly spawning tcs, there will b the first initial tc for each player(or it could b a settler) and from the tc player can make a 5 turn cost settler who can move to another spot and transform into a new tc

Even further changes, the max number of tcs player makes can b determined by pop limit, like each tc increases pop limit by 10 (at start u have 10 limit for first tc) and total number of tcs determined by max pop limit (if its 50 pop game then player can make max 5 tcs, if 200 then 20, if 800 then 80 tcs max)

So this way tcs will also count as pop limit increasing house, like how it increases factory and mega limit for each tc u own.

And i guess if player captures enemy tc his pop limit will not increase over max limit (but he still wont b able to make a new tc)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
b2198

Re: Civilisation style build ur own tc!

Post by b2198 »

Could be a fun way to play. Would probably need a building different from normal TCs to work properly, though.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:58 pm Basically instead of randomly spawning tcs, there will b the first initial tc for each player(or it could b a settler) and from the tc player can make a 5 turn cost settler who can move to another spot and transform into a new tc

Even further changes, the max number of tcs player makes can b determined by pop limit, like each tc increases pop limit by 10 (at start u have 10 limit for first tc) and total number of tcs determined by max pop limit (if its 50 pop game then player can make max 5 tcs, if 200 then 20, if 800 then 80 tcs max)

So this way tcs will also count as pop limit increasing house, like how it increases factory and mega limit for each tc u own.

And i guess if player captures enemy tc his pop limit will not increase over max limit (but he still wont b able to make a new tc)
I have seen this topic back in the summer, but It's hard to answer in this subforum.
It doesn't really depend on me in any way.
I don't know how would be any different game modes implemented, because as far as I know - it haven't happened yet.

As for the idea - civ had some other aspects - terrain really mattered if you wanted good, big city or one with big production. And city effectiveness was decreased for some time after producing settler, as well as it required some level of development to even be possible to make one.
Those could be hard to represent.
Possibly settler could take factory or mega count (to indicate lowered production)
Population could be represented by something like summoning ability given to tc, that has let's say 8 turn cooldown ( from start too) and summons a house (that would have money courier -like boost to production, but without sacrifice - only cooldown), which could be transformed to population/settlers - a unit which has only one intended use - be a required sacrifice for settler/settlement construction transformation to tc.
I we would use another tc type for that - those few units could be added and such game type could be made in map editor.
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:58 pm Basically instead of randomly spawning tcs, there will b the first initial tc for each player(or it could b a settler) and from the tc player can make a 5 turn cost settler who can move to another spot and transform into a new tc

For aof this would be not good way to change since there are many ways to get extra units without need of tcs.
For races which require production and do not have any actual means of external production (summoning, raise dead, recruitment) it will become a ridicilously insanely huge disadvantage over other races who do not need that. This also will mean that we need to restructure whole gameplay of aof for every race which is not good as well.

So no to global ao-wide variant.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

What if instead of adding Pop limit, the settler is made possible when we hit a certain population.
For example, we start with one TC:
- When we hit 10 units, we can build another settler.
- When we hit 25 units, another settler possible.
- 50, another settler.
- 75, another... and so on.

The numbers need to be defined, but it's an idea. There could also be a possibility to build normal settlers and Armored settlers that would build a fortified town.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Skipping talks about game type - settler unit is viable new umit proposition and could be made as map editor unit with ability: transform to TC.
I only need an image.
Stratego mentioned once possibility to include such unit in one of the starting sets, so at least one TC could be chosen where it should be placed.

If such thing would exist it could also be made possible to be producable but map granted only, so that triggers could create game with settlers.
Age of Strategy design leader
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

Good good! Thanks Endru :)

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”