Dojo IMPLEMENTED

godOfKings

Dojo IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

A structure to train Japanese units like samurai and ashigaru. Can also train the special unit samurai master. However there can be only one master per dojo.

(Cannot upgrade samurai to hatamoto, only barracks have that tech)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Dojo

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I don't see why it wouldn't have that tech. Structures like this, Roman garrisons, etc. are a good step towards rewarding players for holding to a given civilization.
The glorious sun rises again
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Maybe if we had a few more "oriental" style units...
Thanks!
Josh
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

I like this idea, I'm interesting
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But I m starting to worry that there r other Japanese units like the ninja that r not connected to dojo, or may b for the sake of this game ninjas can also b recruited from the dojo ? (after it has been finalised and implemented)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sunrise Samurai

I think any Japanese unit should be at the dojo. Ninja, samurai, ashigaru, daimyo, etc.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Oh nono, no you dont, oh nonono! No you understand!? N-O! Simply no! Just... just no!
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Doesn't matter,for the sake of this game history can be manipulated and no one here has the time to fact-check :lol:

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I do
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So anyone want to draw a picture? It would b a wooden structure and have a sliding door

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b ninja could be similar to assassins and made in tcs only (or a stronger version of assassins so it is made in castles)

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

That gives me an idea, how about ninjas have death touch but don't die, instead they r mercenary that leaves after 2 turns which increases by 1 for a money courier, and only one money courier can use his spell on ninja each turn (so their leaving would never increase more than 3)

MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

I will try to make an image...

Name: Dojo

STATS: (Same JSON from Barracks)

Can Train:
-Yari Ashigauru
(Japanese Rifile Man)
-Tenageshima Ashigaru
(Japanese Polearm Man)
-Daimyo
(Japanese Cavalry)
-Samurai
(Japanese Swordman)
-Hatamoto Samurai
(Elite Japanese Swordman
-Other Japanese Units.

Can Research:
-Japanese Techs
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Honestly ashigaru and samurai are enough right now for this to be implemented imo.

When roman garrison was added we only had centurions and legionairres, after all.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You may find some dojo images here if you scroll down a few post.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43
OLÉ
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Here, my own work...

I will post more..
Attachments
Dojo.png
Dojo.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 5130 times
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Excellent! Captures the theme perfectly, You really are becoming a great pixel artist mightyguy! :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Thanks DoomCarrot. :) Thanks. :)

Here are the two...

Choose what you prefer...
Attachments
dojo 2.png
dojo 2.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 5125 times
Dojo 3.png
Dojo 3.png (2.02 KiB) Viewed 5125 times
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Wow all really good but 1 and 3 are most realistic looking I think
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I chosse 3, and great job MightyGuy!!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Thank you for using the link provided above for the image. :)

I would vote for image 3 as it sounds more close to what a dojo is described as.
OLÉ
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Thanks a lot to all.

OK.. Image #3 is been chosen.

Anyone can make a JSON?

Or is there something wrong or question about this? Or STATS?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

What is a samurai master exactly? I assume just a very powerful samurai?
Sunrise Samurai

DoomCarrot wrote:What is a samurai master exactly? I assume just a very powerful samurai?
That was a different topic godofKings posted at the same time as this. It was supposed to be 1 per dojo (which would be hard to do) and gave/received buffs for nearby samurai. At this point, I think the daimyo idea is more historically accurate, easier to implement, and doesn't overlap with the statement that hatamoto *is* a samurai master.

For stats, it's probably best to go with your standard factory stats, same​ as barracks​, archery range, stable....
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes may b I should delete that post no need for fantasy super human swordsmen who did nothing but train, this is really stupid actually now that I think

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Umm... Just realized It is not possible to delete :P

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I like this topic. :) It's fun when we all work together to build the new units
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So is it ready for voting yet? How about it also has Bushido aura in a 5 tile radius around it, giving Japanese units (except may b tanegashima ashigaru) +2 atk and +30% spell resistance

Unlike roman building, this building's aura only affects Japanese units

MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

good idea and how about the aura can also affect tenageshima ashigaru by increasing accuracy rate..
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The only things tanegashima misses r horses, and I don't think we need to change that.

Return to “IMPLEMENTED - Structure”