Bomb pumped xray laser missiles

warlock

Bomb pumped xray laser missiles

Post by warlock »

A guided missile, with a range 2 attack that destroys the missile once activated. Missile had a limited vanish time but decent speed.

Description.
A missile equiped with a shaped fusion warhead charge powereing an xray laser amplifier. On detonation the xray laser is directed to the target, allowing the missile to strike a tsrget at range 2. The missile is destroyed in the process.
Midonik

Re: Bomb pumped xray laser missiles

Post by Midonik »

This is the technologies section but it seems you are proposing an unit?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Tobe honest, i hesitated on this I dont know what the concepts for space are like, so willwe want only one race to jave this kind of tech? Should missiles event be on the game?
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Do you look for sth similar to humans ICBM?
warlock

Post by warlock »

ICBM are area effect. These would hit a single target.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I mean, do you think of it being launched by another unit or built by itself? Also, what is it meant to be effective against?
warlock

Post by warlock »

It should require a laimch platform, such as a ship or fixed defense structure. The power and range should depend on the size of the launching platform. For example, a cruiser should carry larger shio killer missiles than a fighter.

It is intended to target ships and space installations. It provides a stand off fire caoabiluty. The missile will be vulnerabke to counter fire.

Return to “Insectoids”