WANTED: Finish the Unfinished campaigns of "Master" Deptusi

You can see here listed all Developer problems in which he asks for help regarding AOS from forum users.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

WANTED: Finish the Unfinished campaigns of "Master" Deptusi

Post by Stratego (dev) »

There are TWO complete campaigns from Deptusi that needs to be finished (great arena, brothers war).
They have many maps fine and detailed mapdesigns, all they need a story and some triggering. (maybe minor changing on the maps if you desire)

Deptusi was pretty talented map designer, and left us to finish these campaigns (now (up on server in 5 minutes) i have uploaded a version where the buttons are active so you can see for yourself)

"Was": he is swamped with his studies, so will not have time to finish the maps - but hopefulle sometime he will join again.

So i ask somebody to volunteer to finish the legacy of Deptusi!
(
we are talking here
a) mainly about triggering for the brothers war campaign
b) and figuring out a short story for the brothers war campaign
c) checking tru the great arena campaign, and triggering it a bit (i think this needs no special story)

thanks!
Lancer

Re: WANTED: Finish the Unfinished campaigns of "Master" Dept

Post by Lancer »

Lancer here! Lets do it!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Cool! ok!
if you have the latest version you can see the maps as they are now.
and you can start triggering it.
if you want to change on the map itself or the initial units than i can send you the map too,

thanks!
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Theres a stupid bug where if i put triggers then i test them and becose i failed mission i restarted map and then my triggers are all gone and reset to the one that that depusti created
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

I looked at last maps and it looks like they are not finished by tiled becose i wanted to finish using triggers and html but its not gonna work becose maps are still not complete and i dont know how would he finish it
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Triggers: sorry for that i will fix. Until that send me the triggers before finishing the game
Maps: which ones shall i send u?
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Lancer: if you're running the editor on a pc, save the file before you run the map for a test,so if you don't complete the map you can just reload the file...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

max: the editor is on mobile.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Hmmm...it doesn't have a save-file option?
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

You email a backup copy to Daniel. If it crashes he can reload the last trigger definitions onto the new version of the game.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

That'll work, but it doesn't have a file-save option? If you can't save the file, how can you email it to Daniel? :?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay it's like a json file creator that takes trigger id's and xy coordinates. When you email it to Daniel it sends the most recent version (so it autosaves but a crash will delete it all). So you could just type it in code if you knew the correct syntax, I think.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Oh, okay, then it has an auto-save function...hmmm...it seems like you could upload that into dropbox before you test run it...that would save Daniel a lot of trouble if the test version doesn't work properly...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

He offered a while back to create an 'upload to server' function, but that is extra work for him. I'm fine with waiting for him to compile in the triggers, even if he is x time zones away.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

I know, i just hate to make extra work for Daniel...it isn't as if he gets paid for this...he does it for the fun of the game and for all of us to enjoy...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Do we need any help on the "Brother War" story? Did Deptusi have any starting outline?
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

COOLguy wrote:He offered a while back to create an 'upload to server' function, but that is extra work for him. I'm fine with waiting for him to compile in the triggers, even if he is x time zones away.
it is about 8-9 timezone :)
but yes. I don't want to make more work for him too.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

a simple save-load feature is in, up on server.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Lancer: how are triggers doing? (i am about to publish the game so i wandered if i can publish this too) thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sadly Lancer needed to take a pause in doing things - so he will not finish it.
so anyone is open to trigger these awesome maps, than please write me!
balint

Post by balint »

*raising my hand*
I would like to do these.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, balint is very good. :)
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks Balint!
Deptusi

Post by Deptusi »

Hello guys
Sorry for not being able to complete this stories, and I'm very thankful for those who are willing to help, but I have one favor to ask you: please use the triggers according to the story.
I don't know if you have it, because Daniel sent me an email asking for help, but I already wrote the story for both story-lines and I'm just going to copy and paste:

The Great arena:

Round 1: Arrow Team (player) vs Spears Team vs Swords Team vs Katana Team

After many wars in the kingdom of Afran, the four great dynasties signed a peace agreement between each other, and asked a foreign country to act as a middle man. This country gladly accepted, but soon found out that the four dynasties were eager for blood, even with the peace agreement, so the moderator took a different strategy: He established a great tournament every year, and asked the four dynasties to send their best warriors to battle each other, ceasing the war era in the Afran kingdom, and starting the era of The Great Arena
Moderator: Welcome to the Great Arena, we have the best soldiers here today: The royals The Katana Team! The veterans, The Sword Team, The nobles, The Spear Team! And the newbies, The Arrow team! For the first round, the four team must capture at least one castle, the team who doesn't get a castle looses

Round 2: Arrow Team (player) vs Spears Team vs Swords Team vs Katana Team

Moderator: Now that all teams own a castle, let's start the second round! Listen up warriors, while you were fighting, we have set up more castles back at your base, and there is new weapons and equipment for all the teams. I'ts time to choose, what will you do know? will you leave your castle unprotected, or will you surrender your base?

Round 3: Arrow Team (player) Spears Team Swords Team vs Katana Team

Moderator: Seems like only three teams headed for the rewards at their base, last year winners, The Katana Team remained at the center of the arena and took it as their own, SMART MOVE!
Arrow team: Spears, Swords, I say we team up, we have no chance if we fight the Katanas and each other at the same time.

Round 4: Arrow Team (player) Spears Team Swords Team vs Moderator

Moderator: No alliances allowed, those warriors that are not fighting will be eliminated. This is your only warning champions, kill the allies at the center or you all shall die.

Round 5: Arrow Team (player) vs Spears Team and Swords Team

Spears Team: Arrows betrayed us Team Swords, they even killed their own men, that's the most despicable thing we've ever seen. We should kill the Arrow Team and then continue with our fight.
Arrow Team: If we hadn't done it, you'd all be dead. Spears, don't be mistaken, we'll kill you if you try to move a finger.

Round 6:

Moderator: Only two remaining teams, Let's begin the 6th Round!

Final Round: Afran Kingdom vs Moderator

Arrow Team: What happened? What's this Moderator? We have won! why are you attacking?!
Reinforcements: It was all a trap, the moderator made us fight each other to weaken the forces of the Afran kingdom, but we won't let them invade our country, THIS STOPS RIGHT HERE!

The Brother's War:

Run Away: Prince Jon vs King's Samurais vs Natives

"We've been running for too long My Lord" Said Priest Ben "Even your beast is tired".
"His name is Bone uncle, and we can't stop now, my father's soldiers are right behind us" Said Prince Jon.
"Maybe we should just come back...maybe you should just give..."
"WATCH OUT" Screamed Prince Jon.
"We are surrounded, My Lord, we don't stand a chance"
"I will not go back to the castle! I'd rather die!"

The Desert Nomads: Prince Jon vs Desert Nomads

After an exhausting fight against both the natives and King Robert's Soldiers, Prince Jon, Bone and Priest Ben found some natives hiding behind the bushes
"Hello friends! We mean no harm! Come join our fire!" Said Prince Jon.
The natives and Prince Jon shared a good talk all night long. Jon told them about how he managed to escape from his father's realm because of the horrible things he was doing to his people, and how he meant to create a new realm, a fair kingdom where everyone could live in peace. The natives told Prince Jon about how they also lived in a cruel land, a land ruled by a cruel religion that sacrificed all sorts of thing to a cruel god and how they no longer wanted to live under their rule, but rather join Prince Jon's forces.
"You honor me friends, I'll gladly let you join me, but that will mean a long war and many battles" Said Prince Jon
"We warriors, we loyal" Said the natives
"Well then, the first thing we ought to do is end the pain in this land, WE SHALL DESTROY THOSE NOMADS YOU TALK ABOUT!"

The Northern Villages: Prince Jon vs The Natives and The Island Nomads

Prince Jon and his natives successfully defeated the Desert Nomads, but in a last desperate move, the Desert Nomads locked themselves in their temple and sent some messages to the North, where there was another temple and the great Villages of the North.
"My Lord, we can't let them know we are attacking, they'll be gathering an army before we can't leave this Island" Said Priest Ben
"Bone, I need to to kill those messengers before they reach their destiny" Said Prince Jon "Uncle, take our best soldiers and get those nomads out of their cave, we'll need that place if we meant to kill these Northern savages"

The Vengeance: Mad Jon vs Natives

(In this map, Jon can move two extra titles and deals double damage, but has half the health)
"NOOOO! THEY'VE KILL BONE!" Yelled Prince Jon
"Calm down My Lord" Said Priest Ben
"I SHALL NOT CALM DOWN! NOT UNTIL EVERY LAST ONE OF THESE MURDERERS LIES DEAD!" Screamed Prince Jon furiously.

The Warning: King Jon and Princess Sara Vs Prince Michael

(In this map, Jon has an armor twice as strong since he is King, but he no longer has the abilities of Mad Jon)
After defeating all the remaining natives, Prince Jon was crowned and became King Jon, Lord of the Three Continents. He offered the remaining natives to join him, promising great cities and a peaceful realm. Soon, he started a campaign to clear a land to build his city, and he sent workers all over his realm to do the job. In the meantime he settle down on The Great Mountain of the North.
"Your Grace, there's someone you should see" Said Priest Ben
"Who is it uncle?" Said King Jon
"It's...uh...your sister..." Said Priest Ben
"Sara? I SHALL SEE HER NOW!" Said King Jon
*Outside the castle*
"Oh my God Sara! What are you doing here?" Asked King Jon.
"Is that a crown on your head brother? So the rumors are true, you are the Wild King" Said Princess Sara
"Is that how father is calling me back at home? Well so be it! I rule a Wild land, then I should be called the Wild King, but this Wild land shall be be greatest land in the world under my rule" Said King Jon
"Maybe it will be, but not if Michael gets here" Said Princess Sara.
"Why Would my brother be coming here?" asked King Jon
"Because of the rumors of this land Jon! People talk about how great your rule is, how fertile your lands are, how rich this land is. Father has heard all of that, and he means to take it from you. He said that as his son, everything you own is his, that's why he sent Michael here with an army! A great army, he's got the Navy, the Infantry, the Calvary, he has everything to take this land from you" Said Princess Sara.
"And he thinks I will just surrender this land? The Three Continents are mine Sara! Not Father's!" Yelled King Jon.
"That's why I've come here to warn you...The things that both Father and Michael have done at our home...I really don't know which one is worse...I'll fight with you Jon, I won't let them do this to another realm"

Family Meeting: King Jon and Princess Sara, Desert Natives Vs King Alexander, Prince Michael

King Jon has set a wall in the Northern Bridge and has raised an army of natives on the south to fight off Prince Michael, but after his first defeat, he has called for backup...Now The Mad King... Alexander The Cruel has come with the greatest army that this place has ever seen.
"Your Grace, this is bad, now that my brother Alexander is here I don't know if we can make it" Said Priest Ben
"What are you talking about uncle? King Jon defeated Michael without breaking a sweat last time!" Said Princess Sara.
"Prince Michael is a child Sara, he knows nothing of war, and so do you, better remember that Princess. My brother Alexander is the mightiest warrior and the greatest general I've ever seen, he might be mad and cruel as a King, but he has never lost a battle" Said Priest Ben.
"Yes uncle, he is a great warrior and and a good general, but I am better. My Father has never lost a battle...until now" Said King Jon

The Wild King vs The Mad King: King Jon The Great vs King Michael

(In this map King Jon The Great has the power of Mad Jon, and the armor of King Jon, but King Michael has inherit his Father's power and his army)
The army of King Alexander successfully obtained the Southern Villages, and now the only thing standing before his army and King Jon the Great is the great wall Jon has build, yet in the struggle of the battle, both King Alexander and his daughter Princess Sara lost their lives. King Alexander had become to old for battle and had a heart attack in the middle of a fight, while Princess Sara was too young and reckless, she died in the front lines. After this, the only living members of the royal family were The Priest Ben (Who had renounced to his birthright as King long ago) and the two brothers: King Jon the Great and King Michael. This was known as the Brothers War, the fight of two powerful warriors to death.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Excuse me guys but I cant help but notice that the descriptions deptusi put here are not on the game!
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes i will put them in after the maps are ready. they are here as helps to show how to finish the maps.
balint

Post by balint »

Then it is time to get this work done :)

(sorry for doing nothing after offering my help...)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

would be awesome!
thanks!
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

balint wrote:Then it is time to get this work done :)

(sorry for doing nothing after offering my help...)
Lol :lol:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
balint

Post by balint »

My only problem is that the maps that deptusi made a impossible to beat, and at several parts the colouring is bad.

Deptusi. I sent you a pm, so we can discuss this issue.

Return to “Dev asks for Help”