Planetary defense Battery

Dagravian

Planetary defense Battery

Post by Dagravian »

A massive defense system made to take out large asteroids in a single shoot that can dealth with spaceships or any flying unit aswell. Size 3x2 or 2x2 with some cuts.

For size/image references, you can think it is like "BFG 10.000" found in DOOM at phobos space base.

How it will work?

I think we can start with AOS/AOF castle stats but:

- It will have the hability to every 4 turns, to oneshoot any air unit with its hability (or maybe just 350 dmg), up to 8 to 10 range.

- It will have several smaller gun batteries to shoot minor air units in between the big gun cooldowns, up to 6 range.

- 4 capacity to any unit beside non-large aircraft units.

- Can't produce any unit but provides minor repair/heal.

- Building Cost 24 to 36.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Re: Planetary defense Battery

Post by Midonik »

We have an idea for human mega tho. As well as reptilians. (you should come back to Discrod btw).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I'm aware :lol: , btw this one should not count as mega building, it should count as defensive building instead.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Hmm then I guess I can think of this. I'm still not convinced if I want spaceships in planetary battles at all tho.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well, when i made the reptilian aircrafts, they where inspired by spaceships, so they don't have problems to jump to space if needed...

Ofc you want, what is cooler than spaceship combats at same time than on the ground? And since this is age of galaxy, is expected to spaceships descend or be build on the ground eventually, to make attacks, landings, transport or make other logistic stuff... I believe that your fear is how to balance this sort of thing. Am i wrong?
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Yeah mainly. I don't want the mid and late planetary battles to be decided solely by spaceships. The planes are kinda making that happen, and they cost a lot already, and they will have to be weaker I guess.
I don't really see that making on ground. And descending too. Hm. Acctualy If they could only be build in special mega buildings, different than the ones for rest of stuff... Yeah that works. Obviously they would have to be inaccurate in attacks. I need to rethink some concepts.
Also if both spaceships and this are in-game other races will need something similar.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

That's why we will have these and maybe other planetary guns to take them down. Big problems do require big guns xD.

Planes don't need to be weaker, personally, i think that all aircrafts should be a disband like units, costing less and have vanishing with exception of helicopters, vtols and fuel/tank aircrafts. Like, only helis and vtols stay activelly on the field for long periods supporting the ground, the others just make straffe runs over it, bomb the target or something else, then leave, so for me, they would have "retreating/leaving" status.

Well, i kinda had made something like that already, but i think that i made it too much small, so i guess that i should resize it to 2x2 at least. Maybe more? Idk...
Aog-hum-bdng-Vtol Dockyard - UnOcc.png
Aog-hum-bdng-Vtol Dockyard - UnOcc.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
Aog-hum-bdng-Vtol Dockyard - Occupied.png
Aog-hum-bdng-Vtol Dockyard - Occupied.png (4.27 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
They don't need, they must... If they plan to explore the space, they should have tools to ensure a place to go back.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I wouldn't make any buildings bigger than 2×2
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b futuristic jet planes can fire enough fuel below to stay uplift like helicopters so can stay in battle field longer, I have seen reptilian planes and they look like they move with rotating fuel jets below them

Basically following this logic they wouldn't need to retreat unless they carry extremely low fuel which is unlikely

Reference: Avengers quin jet
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Quinn is from the Guardians of The Galaxy, he's not an avenger, but the last 2 Avenger movies that included them were masterpieces.
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Don't even talk about that fuel like machanics, I think Stratego is strongly against that. With current damages they are kinda fine.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am Quinn is from the Guardians of The Galaxy, he's not an avenger, but the last 2 Avenger movies that included them were masterpieces.
He means the Quinjet (aircraft made by Stark industries and used by Shield the whole time).
godOfKings wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:30 am May b futuristic jet planes can fire enough fuel below to stay uplift like helicopters so can stay in battle field longer, I have seen reptilian planes and they look like they move with rotating fuel jets below them

Basically following this logic they wouldn't need to retreat unless they carry extremely low fuel which is unlikely

Reference: Avengers quin jet
Ofc they can, but not much viable... Take the examples of Harrier and newer F-35B's... There are several reasons that aircraft vtols like that will not be used for continuous ground support in the field, one is the halved fuel and payload needed to allow it to lift off compared to conventional take off aircrafts, the stupid larger amount of fuel used to keep the aircraft stable on that position won't help eigther, another is the cost envolved to directly produce or convert from one type to another, other is "Why put expensive aircrafts at risk on (s)low flying to do such job when we have cheaper dropships and gunships?". Their Vtol capabilities are meant just to take off and land... Not real use in combat...
Midonik wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:54 pm Don't even talk about that fuel like machanics, I think Stratego is strongly against that. With current damages they are kinda fine.
Fuel? Well we kinda weren't talking about that, btw he doesn't like that on AOW bcz there isn't alternative to allow continuous ground support by flying units instead the aircrafts at that time (just zeppelins, blimps and baloons in general, but they are boring...) and bcz that could break many campaign maps at this point...

Attack helicopters are pretty much a recent thing... And futuristic aswell with all the drone stuff...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Return to “Planetary”