quad copter

godOfKings

quad copter

Post by godOfKings »

Quad copter is basically futuristic helicopter with four turbine blades, it will look similar to the movie avatar, stats and bonus should b decided based on balance and watevr humans lack

It will b slightly faster than fast ground vehicle units, may b 4 speed
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Re: quad copter

Post by Midonik »

How high can they fly?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

As far as there is enough air in atmosphere to push it up, it still relies on air pressure like common helicopters, its faster but I don't think it can fly well on high altitudes, so just flying may b? Overall same as military helicopter gunships with more futuristic weapons, bigger turbines and faster engine, can't say anything else though

Edit: just checked Google, with four rotors it should have enough lift to rise higher than helicopters, but I still don't think its as efficient as jet planes, its more like they can hover in place so have more control and mobility, but it can't reach the altitude of planes, perhaps a tech like experienced piloting gives some dodge chance?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Hmm...
Current helicopters (Apache) can reach 6400 m. Current planes (f-16) can reach 15 240 m. So way more... But an current infantry rifles (AKM... Ok, maybe that's not exactly rifle) can maximaly reach 3000 m, efficiently 1500 m. Since a flying unit can be normally hit by ground units, it's ok for this to be high flying (hmm... Actually air is better name).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

OK, so that means infantry can deal normal damage to flying, but only 1 to high flying? Makes sense

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Yeah, that's the difference between them.

Return to “Planetary”