Artillery factory

Midonik

Artillery factory

Post by Midonik »

This factory would be able to make all human artillery besides the ICBM launcher (that one stays in underground fortress only), and the artillery units from the tank factory will be move to the artillery factory, so they wont be buildable in the tank factory (balistic missile launcher still stays in underground fortress).

I'd like that since other races will have 4 ground factories (reptilians: base, grey academy, vehicle factory, airport; insectoids: barracks, hatchery, bug factory, larva hangar), and humans have only 3 (tank factory, barracks, airport), which is kinda of an unfair advantage for the humans. More factories also should make the game more interesting. Tank factory will still have a sufficient number of units, and the super heavy tank unique to it (and mega), so it still should still be useful.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
kingofgalaxies

Re: Artillery factory

Post by kingofgalaxies »

It makes sense leaving it as is, because humans are supposed to be versatile. So this would show their versatility in production buildings (tank factory producing artilleries as well).
Moreover, if you noticed, humans don't have big creatures at all(!), so that's why they have one less building.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Are they supposed to be versitle? Where did you get that idea?

Sure, they have no big creatures, but that's not really making them weaker in my opinion, and besides, how is that related to having more factory buildings? Sure, insectoid have a building for big creature only, but reptilians have the same amount and they don't have a building for big creatures only.

I see no reason why there shouldn't be such a building.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Grey academy for reptilians produces a unique species of units (greys), similar to big creatures being one. Humans don't have any kind of such species.
Right now each race has exactly one building for vehicles, and imo it should stay coherent as this is. However, maybe if there were a few more AMP suits, you could add a building specifically for them.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I don't see a difference between splitting up infantry based on species or vehicles based on range.

You know how in AoF orcs have an orc and goblin camp, but humans have barracks and archery range? Literally the same situation.

Return to “Planetary”